TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@new knee in June I know, hubby was really fortunate with his knees. Worse he had was the blood pooling behind the knee cap. Not to mention doing so well on all his other surgeries: both shoulders cleaned up, both knees cleaned up, umbilical hernia fixed, calcification of the Achilles' tendon fixed and the 2 TKRs. Very lucky indeed.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
@tiredwife @gr82cu2 @Minnie's knees @new knee in June @marmora @ConnieJOS @Nana moon 27 and all bone smarties I am calling it a night and hope all rest easy and have a pain free night I am off to elevate and ice and hopefully get a good night sleep
 
@tiredwife I fired therapy and nurse, well I told them I did not need them anymore and then the phone was ringing off the hook. I told them about nurse not showing up twice and never answered page. He is reporting it to his supervisor The physical therapy I have been doing on my own anyway and don't need to be charged to watch her type. I am doing good again today so I am going to continue exercises and such and stay out of ODIC
 
@madinana You haven't heard from me because I had to work today. It's been a little rough. I've been sitting at my desk with my leg propped up and an ice pack on my knee. I just caught a little breather and thought I'd touch base on Bonesmart. I should finish up here in an hour or so. Oh, how I wish I didn't have to do this! But I do.
 
@ConnieJOS Glad you are home, take some pain meds if you can and elevate!

@madinana Thank you for wanting my headache to go away, I took a Tylenol and it is helping. Hubby said the rain last night turned to ice so everything was icy this morning. Sorry you got a tummy ache, here maybe this will help.... [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done (sorry if it offends anyone) I couldn't help myself!

@Nana moon 27 Thank you for my shirt! We match now! :) Yes this thread has it's moments!
 
Well today is week 14 and week 24. 1st knee pain about a 2, stiff once in a while, doesn't think of it as an artificial knee - it's just his knee. 2nd knee pain about a high 2, stiff once in a while, has more of a low ache than knee 1, doesn't think of it as an artificial knee. He says unless I bring up the fact that they are artificial he doesn't think of them as anything but his knees. On three days since going back to work he had to take a Norco once he got home.
 
@Nana moon 27 Thank you, he has done well. He's had bad days along the way, but it's all worked out. He is just grateful that awful stabbing burning drop you to your knees pain from before TKR is gone.
 
@tiredwife, Jackie, Steve has done such a good job. Before long he won't have any pain at all and won't even think a out his knees. I don't even think a out my right knee anymore. Will be glad when I feel the same way a out the right one. Oh wait, I'm lying! One exercise that I have to do at PT is laying on my stomach with my legs hanging odd the table at right above the knee. I have to do it for five minutes and it can be painful at times. Believe it or not, it bothers my right leg just as much as my left leg!!!!! Anne
 
Anne @Yorkimom

I know that exercise you mentioned. The hospital had me start doing the exercise about 3-4 weeks before surgery and then stop until about 5 weeks post-surgery.

And yes it does cause discomfort in the back of both legs. At five weeks had to add ankle weights and increasing the amount of weight gradually. I still try to do this exercise once a day and it has straightened my extension. So, well worth the discomfort for the good outcome.

Take care and hope that your energy levels are increasing,
Cathie
 
@tiredwife
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

that's a great report on Steve's knees and it will just continue to get better with time. He has done so well in his recovery and you were a big part of it so congrats to both of you. Very glad he is not having any problems being back at work.
 
@Yorkimom I know hubby probably gets aches in his knees, but he just thinks of them as normal aches in his knees. He doesn't think 'artificial' knee. Oh last night I noticed his ankles were swollen. He had been on a ladder a lot yesterday. Told him to take more breaks at work today, but he probably won't. Going to have to get on to the guys he works with as they are suppose to be watching him for me! :snork:

@new knee in June I can see you loving a T shirt like that! @Legin She doesn't surprise me either.

@marmora They only used ankle weights at PT with hubby maybe 3 times. Funny how different people's PT experiences are.

@Minnie's knees Good Morning to you too. He is lucky that he can take breaks when he wants at work, unlucky in that his job is not easy on the body.

Good Morning everyone.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife, I'm doing good. Trying to relax and ice and not much else. Although I keep thinking of all the things I have to do to get ready for Christmas. But it will get done one way or another!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom