Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gr82cu2 Janet hi, Had fun but good to be home, it is getting really cold out now. How are you doing today?

@Yorkimom Anne, if it gets done it gets done, if not the world won't stop spinning. You have to concentrate on you right now.
 
Admin notice:
We haven't finalised this as yet but shortly there will be an announcement to the effect that in future, block of tags should not be used. The reasons for this will be in the announcement.

Thanks for you co-operation.
 
Jackie, glad you had a good time camping. The picture of you and Steve is great, thanks for sharing.
 
@gr82cu2 Janet I gave up being Wonder Woman years ago, too exhausting, although hubby is still Superman!

@Minnie's knees Thank you Kathy! We had friends stop by Saturday afternoon and we had a ceremonial burning of my hubby's old Thursday shirt (A friend gave him a shirt and he wore it to work every Thursday for years, I got tired of mending it. That friend had an old hat he needed to retire too) in the campfire. Toasted them and had a great evening talking around the campfire.
 
It's probably still being worked on. I'll ask the moderators.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back @tiredwife

Your pictures are fabulous x it looks like you had a wonderful time. I hope hubby's knees are ok and not too achy from the trip x x x

Love Ann x x
 
@Nana moon 27 Thank you! He isn't doing too bad. It was touch and go as to if either one of us was going to be able to get up off the floor when we laid down to lite the oven. We got it lit (wish it had an automatic pilot lite), and got up off the floor. All that for some dinner rolls!
 
Oh that's feat in itself. When the downstairs toilet is fitted my husbands got to reorganise the kitchen and my gas range stove has to go. So I've asked him to fit one of those built in ovens into a housing unit to save that bend and fit a hob. He agreed. The work will start after Christmas x x xx
 
@Nana moon 27 That will make it a lot easier on you. I've gotten to the point it is getting harder to get into the bottom cabinets. We use our little toaster oven a lot because I hate heating up the big oven for just the food for the two of us. Sadly the camper doesn't have a toaster oven. I was surprised when hubby got up off the floor, I think he did it easier than I did!
 
On that's great news he did that. I can get on the floor but I have to do a giant push up to get up. Hubby says I block the light out with my butt sticking out getting up. It's not a good look...seriously x x x :heehee:
 
@tiredwife and @Nana moon 27 I have difficulty if I get down on the floor it is quite comical to see how I get up as have to scoot over to something that is stationary and really push to get up. Yesterday I got my cane out to see if that helps-----note to self do not get on the floor
 
@tiredwife, @Nana moon 27, @madinana I have been able to get down on the floor for the three weeks or so. To get down I have to really concentrate on getting down on my right side as my left knee won't bend enough. Then when I get up I roll onto the floor from the sitting position and with my legs straight out like I'm doing a push up I walk my hands back to my feet. I did the same thing for my first surgery. I find it very easy but then again I would always get up that when I would do floor exercises at the gym. I have been getting down on the floor once a day now to do my exercises. One exercise I have to do for my flexion is sliding my foot down the wall. But instead of the wall, I slide it down my chest that has doors on it in my bedroom. You lie on your back and scoot your butt close to the wall. Then put your feet on the wall. Take the foot of the good leg and put it on the ankle of the surgical leg and use the weight of it to help you slide down your leg. You go down as far as you can go and hold for 10 seconds. I have been doing this for the past two months because when I lay on the table at PT and do the heel slides and bring my foot as far back as I can, I don't get much bending. But sliding down the wall and also bending my hanging leg back when sitting I get more ROM too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom