TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sandbar525 thank you, at least it isn't turned into a migraine so I can handle it. Hubby will be going back full time and then in January there will be a lot of overtime. But he can work at his own pace and sit and elevate if he needs to. Part of his job he will never be able to do as it involves crawling and long periods of kneeling, but someone else can do that (he has done it long enough) and he can do other things. They will pretty much let him do what he is comfortable doing. First day or so he will be mainly resetting all his passwords and learning new ones.
For about 7 or 8 years we have been camping for Thanksgiving. It is only a mile from our house to the campground so we come back every day to check on the cats and clean the litter pans. We will probably go out Wednesday after he gets off work and come back Saturday afternoon.
 
@tiredwife I am home elephant leg and all I hope you are feeling better and good to be back!!!! Dang its cold outside They had snow here at home, but was gone when we got here but the wind chills you to the bone!!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife HHi Jackie! Dropping by to wish Steve good luck tomorrow on his first day back at work. I'm sure he will do fine, but will most likely be tired tomorrow night. Have a good evening. Anne
 
@Yorkimom Thank you! Hubby says "Thank You". His OS gave him more Norco just in case he is really hurting when he gets home from work!
 
@tiredwife Tell your handsome Hubby to be careful tomorrow and not overdo!! And I bet he is excited to get back to work. We are such creatures of habit!!

And such a cute soldier you have there!! We had two trick or treaters come by - Kim's twin niece and nephew!! A mermaid and a Transformer. That just means more caramel apple suckers for us!! :-)
 
@Ollie Thank you and Thank you from Hubby. He said he will try to be good. I told him to call me at lunch if he gets a chance.

Jacob (grandson) only fell once, they always seem to fall at least once. Luckily they had just dumped his candy from his little bucket to a bag so he didn't spill his candy! He had a lot more fun this Halloween because he understood what was going on better.

When it was about time for the trick o treating to be done we had just 2 kids in sight so we dumped the rest of candy in their bags. They were thrilled!
 
@tiredwife i hope your hubby has a good day back to work tomorrow and that it won't tucker him out too much! You are such a great wife to walk beside him through all this. I know how much it means. Without my son taking care of my business and my husband taking care of thing at home, I could have never made it through this. :console2:
 
@ConnieJOS Thank you! This is the longest he has ever gone without working. I think he is ready to go back to work. He has seen me through bad times too, we take care of each other! You have had a whole year of recovering, you are one strong woman! I'm glad you didn't go through it all by yourself.
 
@ConnieJOS Good Night!

@Nana moon 27 Hubby is finally starting to sleep better, not perfect but better! I hope you get through the sleeplessness soon. Hubby says in many ways it is the worse part of recovery!
 
Hi Jackie @tiredwife, just a note to wish Steve all the best on his first day back at work. Tell him to take it easy and not to rush into it. Hope your headache passes soon. Love the little army dude. I am a sucker for a man in uniform (my hubby was Army when I met him).

Look forward to hearing the details on Steve's return to work.

Good night!
 
Hi Jackie ... Just popped in to see how Steve did on his first day back at work and to thank you for your Halloween greeting. I hope his knees had recovered where he jarred them coming off the steps.

I also had an ulterior motive ... Cathie tells me you supply hunks. Well, my celebrity hunk is Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock. The most beautiful smile in the universe (next to Steve's that is). Don't worry if you can't or don't have time ... but I thought I would ask anyway.

What did you do with yourself while Steve was at work? I bet it was so strange for you.

Hoping you are both well and that going back to work will help Steve's sleeping improve so that he is sleeping all night.

Hugs... Ellen
 
Hubby called and let me know he was still okay. He sounded a little tired. He is having a hard time getting his passwords reset. Have a feeling he will have a Norco tonight. Meanwhile I did a self clean on the stove, bleached the kitchen countertops, scrubbed down the tub/shower, vacuumed the livingroom, steam mopped the dinning room and kitchen, cleaned one of the toilets, swept the bedroom, mopped the upstairs hallway and stairs, dusted a little, and I still have a bunch to do. This house got filthy!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom