TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@71Beetle He is feeling good, still some pain in his right knee and he still has stiffness but that will be around for a while. Last OS appointment before work. I think he will have to have yearly check ups.
I don't drive that much anyway, but I just needed to know I could drive it if I needed to.
Thank you, I really needed new shoes. Mine were falling apart.
 
Hi everyone, Steve had a check up today. OS was pleased, gave him one more script of Norco to have on hand if work causes some pain. He xrays and everything looked really good. He is released to go back to work Monday.
To celebrate we went to a beauty shop and he got his hair straightened (it is way curly and he has a hard time brushing it), she also trimmed his eyebrows and beard for him and trimmed his hair a little. He is so use to tangles that when he brushes it now he says, "it's like brushing a bald head!"
 
I can't believe he is going back to work already. I know his 2nd was about a week behind mine but it seems like only yesterday. It sounds like he got a great report and good on his doctor for giving him some pain relief should he need it. I trim Kent's hair and eyebrows every 2 weeks. We just buzz it off with the clippers. He's mostly bald on top and went with this about 7 years ago. The barber kept moving his part further and further down the side of his head in a comb over and it got to looking ridiculous. It's really easy for me to do with the clippers and little trimmer so that's what we do. Did Steve has his chemically straightened?
 
@tiredwife Congrats to Steve on a great report and being released back to work. Hopefully he will do great on his new knees but always good to have some pain meds for first few weeks if he does need it.

@madinana you are doing a lot.maybe you need to take a couple of days to just rest, ice and elevate. The other stuff will wait until you feel better.
 
@gr82cu2 Yes, we use to buy the straightener and do it ourselves but we can't find it anymore. She worked on his hair about an hour and a half. He is about to go stir crazy so he needs to go back to work.
@Minnie's knees Thank you!
@madinana here is a photo of his new look:
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Hello there @tiredwife ... thought I would drop in for a quick visit and see that Steve is off back to work. I am sure you will find it very strange not having him home and I am double sure he will miss your caring. He will probably also be glad to be back to work as it is sort of the final thing to help feel "normal" again after recovering a knee for so long.

Tell Steve I wish him al the best for his return to work. I am off back to work myself next Monday, but only for a week and then I am retiring. Bit scary, but right for me at this point in my life I think.

I hope you are taking good care of yourself as well and have planned something for you to do in the first few days while Steve is back at work.

Take Care ... Ellen
 
@tiredwife
I want to wish Steve all the best on Monday :) It's a big step in the right direction
Of attaining a "Normal" Life :happydance:If I remember correctly, every other muscle hurt, but
Not the knee. It was only for 2 days, but, I was surprised.
I see we have 2 "Hunks" to keep you occupied :yahoo:I believe my "Queeness" is rubbing off
On you :heehee: Why have 1 when 2 is sooooooo much better :yes!:
Do something fun with Steve over the Weekend, then on Monday you can let the "HUNKS"
Out of the closet :dancy:
Have a wonderful Day :SUNsmile:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@NetballKnees Hubby says 'thank you and congrats on your retirement'. We are going to try to get him retired at 60 or 61. He is already retired from the Air Force. I need to finish all our projects we have going on so I will busy for a long time. Congrats again on your retirement!

@new knee in June Hubby says "thank you". A guy at work had his knee done a month before hubby's first knee and all he does at work is sit around.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
Hubby says he going to model himself after him! Really though he will probably do too much. I have a lot of the guys that are going to be keeping an eye out for him doing things he shouldn't.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Hubby is the one that said I could have two hunks. No closet here, they are out in the open.:scary: I use to like Mel Gibson too before he got all crazy. Sean has been my boyfriend for a long time. You have a great day.
 
@tiredwife
I think because Steve has been walking every day He will have no problem :)
My problem with every other muscle aching is because for 3 yrs. I was limping :chinstroke:
My body had to re-align itself to not limping & it put a strain on my back & calves :gaah:
I also had the whole "Crew" watching out for me ( including my husband ) I am the
Only woman at my job. I found I didn't need them at all ( as you know, I am stubborn ):heehee:
I also, iced with my ice coffe 2 birds with 1 stone ( energy & icing ) :rotfl:
Tell Steve don't copy his co-worker :bignono: He must get up & walk every hour or so :walking:
I feel good giving you advise, instead of proclaiming my Kingdom :flwrysmile:
It is 70 degrees here today :yikes: way to hot. Saturday, maybe snow showers :snow dig:
I swear everyone has a cold because it is too Hot.
Sincerely,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@new knee in June Don't worry hubby is not the type to sit around and let the other guys work on the plane without him! The other guy that had the TKR has lost most of his ROM from just sitting around, plus he has a blood clot from a knee clean out before his TKR because all he did then was sit around. Hubby could never be like him! I am glad the OS gave him another script for Norco because I know he will end up overdoing it at work and end up hurting.
You should live in Missouri I have seen it in the 80s one day and the 30s the next. We have the most unpredictable weather.
 
@tiredwife
My father ( yrs. ago ) was a Mechanic for T.W.A ( remember them? ) While we were
Growing up we could fly for free.
I've been to Florida, Hawaii, San Francisco... remind you, I was only 11 :heehee:
Have a Peaceful Fun Filled Day :SUNsmile:
Diana :loveshwr:
 
@new knee in June Diana yes I remember TWA! It was good that you got to travel for free! Hubby works on the B2, so chances of fly in it are zero! I have been up in the cockpit though.
The Titan is now registered. Hospital bills are starting to come in for knee #2. Good thing hubby goes back to work Monday, we only get 60% of his pay while he has been off work. So glad we had it though!
You have a great evening.
 
@tiredwife, thought I would drop by to say hello. Sounds like Steve had a great report and is ready to go to work. You have done so much these past couple of months helping him, it will be nice for you to have some free time for yourself, you certainly deserve it. Steve's new look looks great!! Have a good night. Anne
 
@Yorkimom Hi Anne! One good thing about him going back to work is that I won't be eating as much and maybe I can loose some weight. He has been cooking a lot! He really likes his straighter hair, so much easier to brush. You have a great day!
 
@marmora Yep, Steve is my all time favorite hunk! 37 years together and still not tired of him! :)

Everyone we got our walk in today in between rain. Hubby stepped off the front step wrong yesterday didn't fall but landed hard , and his knees are a little sore today. They are better than they were last night. He said the walk helped. He took a couple of Norco last night. He is starting to sleep better now, hope that keeps up! I wasn't going to carve a pumpkin this year but madinana's avatar inspired me. I will put up a photo when I finish it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom