Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gr82cu2 This is one of those days I wish I could have caffeine, been yawning all day! Yep, get them while they are free! We haven't gotten any hospital bills in a long time. Nothing for knee #2 yet.
 
@tiredwife
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
I hope Steve elevate and ice today as am sure his knee will be talking to him. I actually got a good night sleep then I was looking for Juan
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
as my shoulders are tensed, but I could not find him I am thinking @new knee in June has him in hiding under her bed or in the closet. I did see her crown so decided to borrow it and be queen for the day with my surgery day
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
then I will put it back and @new knee in June will never know its gone but if she notices that its gone, if she does am
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
she will really get after me
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
see I even have a sense of humor this morning :rotfl: :loll:have a good day and
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
to you @tiredwife ps you won't have to worry about me joining ODIC today Have a great day!!!
 
Hello Jackie & Steve, @tiredwife

Another start to the week, and weather very changeable here in Dublin, heavy showers on Friday, sunny and warm & humid on Saturday, Sunday sunny morning and dull afternoon and today Monday dry, cool and rain scheduled for later tonight.

Feeling like I have turned the corner in my recovery and can see improvement and very optimistic for the rest of my recovery. Still Flexion about 105 and extension 5/6.
Will get up to date ROM at PT this afternoon.

Taking public transportation bus/ commuter trains and driving also, so can get to most places that I need to get to. Able to do more around the house and in comfort, which is the most important.

The most important is that pain is nearly a non event !
Rarely, feel a need of pain medication. A bit of stiffness when getting up after sitting for a long period of time of first thing in the morning when getting up from bed, but it eases out with movement.


Take care to you and Steve and your house guests,
Cathie x
 
@tiredwife
How is Steve's knee doing ? When does he go back to work ? I have to bring Jim to
The doctors today. He has a cough that will not stop. I am glad they could fit him in
At 11:30 :) My husband has about 300 sick days saved up, Do you think I could get him
To take 1 day off & Rest ? :sigh: He went to work 1 time with Pnemonia ( sp) I had to go to work
& drag him home :headbang:
Talk Soon,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
@patient 99 Good morning Carol!

@marmora I am so very glad you are seeing the good part of TKR. Hubby still gets a little stiff in knee one once in a while, but it is sooooo much better than before surgery. Knee two is still a bit of a problem child, but not too bad.

@new knee in June Keep practicing, you will get it! Got Steve into the dentist today, they said the tooth has an infection and gave him antibiotics. They said if that doesn't work it will have to come out. He goes back to work the 1st of November. His last visit with the OS is 28th of this month. Hope Jim is doing better!

Good Morning all!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@new knee in June He got some toothache meds to help 'til the antibiotics kick in. Hope Jim gets felling better, you would think an decongestant would be better than an allergy pill. Take care!
 
@tiredwife I hope Steve was not in too much pain from hanging out with his friend. But so nice that he could do the things he did like climbing up in the semi. Yay for his new knees. Boo for his toothache.

@new knee in June your fall decorations look very nice. And I'm sure @madinana looked beautiful in your crown today.
 
Now that I know Laurie is okay I can get off here and relax a little and then go to bed. Pleasant dreams to everyone!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife Glad Steve is getting some relief from his toothache. Sleep well. I should be sleeping but not able to right now as my surgery is so close. At least I will get a good nap on Wednesday lol.

@new knee in June My surgery is on Wednesday so you have tomorrow to work on a picture or you cold just send Juan to visit :heehee:. A massage sounds nice. My birthday was Saturday. I need to start my recovery thread tomorrow.
 
@Minnie's knees Hubby says the antibiotics are working already, his tooth feels much better. You could start your recovery thread today to Diana can get a nice sparkly picture on it by tomorrow.

@new knee in June Yes I knew about it! I even baked her a cake! Don't feel bad, with thousands of people on here it is hard to keep up with them all!
 
Hubby is having a pretty good day knee and tooth wise! We went and got some parts for his truck, and got a few groceries. Need to get our walk in this afternoon (didn't walk except in stores while our friend was here). Beautiful day out!
 
@tiredwife catching up on some threads and you have been busy this week. Sorry you both over did it but I know it feels good to have it done before Steve goes back to work. I love the new truck, congrats. And I see Juan has now been joined by others too funny. And @new knee in June is taking back all of the crowns she gave us.:boohoo:I hope you are having a good weekend.
 
@tiredwife I am laying here resting, icing and elevating like I am supposed to do. Next pain meds due in a few minutes and then will try to take a nap. I am disappointed with my ROM being low but I guess that will improve with time and exercising. And the log leg is driving me crazy.
 
@Minnie's knees ROM always goes down for a little as the swelling goes up. It will improve over time. Hubby's first knee was way slow getting ROM. Both of his aren't at 0 extension yet! Some days his are better than other days. It's not a constant. You are only a few days out, give it time.
 
@tiredwife My ROM is only 50 :boohoo:but they said my extension is very good. And I still have Log leg :hairpulling:. I know you are going to tell me to have patience but it is so frustrating. Sorry for the vent on your thread. Hope you have fun at the pumpkin patch with your grandson.
 
@Yorkimom What type hunk do you want? Halloween is our favorite time of year!

@ConnieJOS I will find you a cowboy!

@Minnie's knees Concentrate on getting the swelling down, elevate all the time and just gentle exercise. Your ROM will come. Really it will!

Everyone good morning!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@madinana sorry you have had a bad week. I still have Log leg and am in the immobilized when walking with my walker. You are doing with what you are able to do. As I keep getting told we must have patience. Hope it improves for both of us soon.
 
Good luck to Steve with his return to work on Monday. How is he feeling? What do you mean his last OS appointment. Forever? That would be nice!

You will get used to the truck. I was intimidated with my hubby's truck because it is so big and I am so short but it worked out well in the end. I still prefer my SUV but if need be, I can use the truck.

Congratulations on your two new pair of shoes!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom