Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife yes the nerves are going full on, think that why have not been sleeping well in 8 days will be under the saw, and knife :yikes:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
    sleep-in-bed.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 171
  • [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
    images.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 135
Update on hubby. Left knee is pretty good, 1 pain level. Right knee doing okay, little stiff, pain level 2 and sometimes a 3. Sleep still occasionally (like last night) hard to come by. Appetite back to normal. Energy level still low, slowly getting better. Scars - hairy :heehee:!
 
@kneeidea63 Thank you. I've had it in my wrist for ever, and the last few years in my ankles. When it gets bad I just wrap whichever thing is hurting with an ace bandage and that does as well as anything else. I've had one in my ankle injected before and it did nothing. I think it is because I am a klutz and am forever turning my ankles or wrists wrong. I will survive.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
@tiredwife @gr82cu2 @new knee in June @marmora @Minnie's knees @ConnieJOS Well been a busy morning. Went to see my OS for pre surgery meeting. He said I am good to go for Monday. He said because I am a hard stick for IV I may get on in the neck :yikes: He said hopefully if all goes well will be out Wednesday He also will have home health care as don't have care giver this time. Then his last parting words is you know its harder when you do the second knee :shocked: So then had to go to eye doctor for special test because of my RA medicine and know the nerves have really kick in :scare:
 
@madinana Poor thing, remember there are lots of people on here that do better with their second knee! Neither of Steve's knees was really terrible (except the blood pooling, but that is because the doctor sewed him together too tight and it passed). Drink lots of water between now and then so your veins will be easier to do. A well hydrated person is easier to do an IV in. Wish I was there with you, but you know you are always in my thoughts and prayers, you will be fine!
 
@madinana Glad your pre op appointment is over. I am a hard stick as well. As tired wife said drink extra water for a couple of days before and also eat something salty the day before. Both the water and the salt plump up the veins. Also try to relax. My veins tend to run and hide when I tense up.
 
I almost forgot, today is 20 weeks knee 1 and 10 weeks knee 2. Knee 1 is good, knee 2 not so good. It is hurting today, one of the bad days. I think he is exercising too much, but he is hard headed. At least I got him to rest it this afternoon so it is getting better.
 
@tiredwife Steve hard headed I though he was a prince tell him rest rest and listen to you as sure he does not want to get you going :hissy: I have been at the other end of that :snork: :rotfl:
 
@madinana call them and see if, because it is so late and you are a diabetic, you can eat something 12 hours before, like 2 am.? Make sure you take some snacks for afterwards.
 
@madinana Or call them and see if they can switch someone else to the later time slot. Someone who isn't diabetic!!! Stand up for yourself. That whole eating/drinking thing boggles my mind anyway. They ALWAYS say nothing by mouth after midnight regardless of what time your surgery is the next day. If it's at 8 am like mine that's 8 hours. If it's at 2:30 like you that is 14.5 hours!!! It makes no sense to me. I drank a big glass of water the morning of my surgery. There was noooooo way that water was going to still be in my stomach 3 or 4 hours later when I got anesthesia. So there! :rotfl:
 
My Mom had her surgery on Wednesday at 3:30PM, they let her eat a small meal at 8:00 AM. Ask the anesthesiologist about a different time to start fasting.
When I get dehydrated I have an asthma attack, I always ask for surgery first thing in the morning.
 
I'm still in my usual, lonngggg wakeup mode, LOL. I got some new pads for my NMES in the mail yesterday. A new configuration I got is for swelling so I went through that program (on op knee) and am now sitting with the thigh wrap on "exercising" my quad on non operated leg, working on strengthening it. I called Wednesday to order more supplies for it. I figured, why not? Since my out of pocket is met for the year everything is FREE!!! I'll probably place at least one more order before the end of the year and should be really well stocked up with plenty to get through the next knee.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom