TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife Glad you are finally getting to your home projects now that you don't have grandson every day as nd Steve is doing so well with his new knees. It seems like there are always projects and when we finish those there will be more.

@madinana I don't have a to do room, my garage is my to do space. It has a little of everything except a car..lol it will have to wait for after my surgery. At least I don't have to see it everyday. We have been doing fall cleaning. I cleaned the stove and fridge inside and out, behind and underneath and reorganized my pantry this weekend. All of my big projects are almost done. We need to put up our outside decorations for Halloween next weekend. The Saturday just before my surgery is my birthday so want to be done with everything before then.
 
Hi everyone, getting off here for the night! Everyone pleasant dreams.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
He still has numb areas.

My nerves all regenerated but some folks do have small patches of numbness that remain. The tradeoff for a new knee.

It took many many months for my nerves to regenerate. Still remember those sharp jolts and zaps as they healed. Our bodies are such amazing instruments when I think about it. We even have our own electrical power plant. :)


[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@1ELISEA The human body is amazing, it is just a shame that growing older hurts!

@sandbar525 We kind of keep tabs on the weather out there, it has been unusual this year. Wish your knee had already been done and healed so you could have walked the beaches. Next year, and in a few years who knows, we might meet you out on the beach some day!

@marmora I didn't sent you the bad weather, really I didn't! Hope your sun comes out!

@new knee in June We are waiting for a little of the chill to go away before we fix the front gutter today, I didn't get enough of a slope to it when I put it up. There is also a bush I need to dig up that has roots getting into our sewer line.
Hubby and I are only a year apart in age. Both our families are fairly long lived, despite various ailments. He is retired military so he has a retirement check from them, if something happens to him I won't get it. He has a retirement fund from his job now that the company puts into but we don't. I just hope Social Security is still around when we are old enough! Have a great day!

Everyone Good Morning!
 
I never had lamb either what does it taste like?
Tastes like CHICKEN!!! LOL j/k!! I've only ever had it once and don't remember that I cared for it to be honest. But, I think I may have had visions of a cute little lamb in my head. Lamb is just not something we eat a lot of here in the US. Not sure why?? I have a friend in New Zealand and they eat tons of lamb there.
 
@tiredwife I didn't realize you were doing a major remodel. Good thing you and Steve can do so much of it yourself. Hubby and I are not handy at all with those type of projects and it is expensive to hire someone.

I have had lamb many years ago when my ex was stationed in England but I don't remember how it tastes. I am adventurous with food but my favorite is a steak and baked potato.
 
@Minnie's knees we do everything, cost too much to hire it done. I run the wire all through the rooms to the breaker box and hubby hooks it up. I've taught myself how to hang sheetrock, tile, hang cabinets, build walls, built the porch, etc. We have a good electric wiring book, and I know how to read a schematic. The rest of the stuff I learned on line. I was raised that if you could do it yourself you did! I can also reupholster furniture, lay a roof, etc. I just can't do it as easily as I use to be able to. You have a good night.
 
Jackie @tiredwife
If I promise you a Leg of Spring Lamb Dinner with all the trimmings, would you bring your DIY skills to my house in Dublin. It's a 108 year old house, so always needs some doing.

@madinana @Minnie's knees @gr82cu2

Lamb tastes like veal, light and flavoursome. Unlike beef, as it is not so rich.
Served either with lots of garlic cooked into it or my family preference grilled or oven baked and then served with lashings of Mint purée.

We are actually having a lamb casserole tonight for dinner that I prepared last night with diced lamb, chopped onions and carrots, can/tin of chick peas and seasoning like garlic,basil,salt and pepper. Then topped with finely shredded cabbage. Served with steamed baby potatoes.

"Finger Lickin' Good". - sorry think that's something the Colonel said. :heehee:

Take care off for my morning walk, before the rain comes,
Cathie
 
@tiredwife
I am amazed at your construction skills :cheers2:Good for you. I am in the process of getting
New French door for my bedroom out to my deck. Whenever it rains my rug get's wet. If
It snows I get snow in my bedroom :yikes: Not good for my heating bill.
Next will be a new roof ( ours is fine but, it is over 20 yrs. old) We know plenty of roofers
Cost about $ 5,000. Next, when my adult kids move out...with their dog....Wood floors in
Kitchen & front room, carpeting in the upstairs bedrooms.
We have a small 3 bedroom house, but a huge yard ( half acre ) Our mortgage is $ 900.00
A month. You can't rent a studio or 1 bedroom around here for under $ 1,000.
Good Luck with your projects & have Steve go slowly.
Enjoy this wonderful Tuesday,:SUNsmile:
I am raking the front yard, getting ready to plant my Fall Mums & get some Pumkins :happydance:
I love the Fall & Winter :loveshwr:
Vegetable joke of the day......:yes!: :happydance: :yay: :yahoo:
Q.....What vegetable is found in the middle of the high way ? :shrug:
A..... Squash.....:rotfl: :rofsign: :loll:
Love, Diana :loveshwr:
 
Catching up on old posts of yours, gosh, hubby's knees look great by the pics you posted! Interesting how one incision is longer than the other...and, just a whine here, guys are lucky they have leg hair to cover up a lot of the bad looking stuff while us girls have to shave. and I love the new profile pic (although you have probably had it up for a while!!!)
And all this lamb talk has my mouth watering, y'all......
 
@Minnie's knees It was just the way I was raised, and not wanting to pay others for what I can do. You have a great day!

@marmora It is tempting, but as I get older it is harder to work on houses. We have a ton of stuff left to do on this house (over 60 year old house). It will probably take me 2 years to finish it. I would love to see Ireland though. Yes - Kentucky fried chicken - finger licking good :heehee:.


@new knee in June Sounds like you need to get the doors replaced unless you like inside snow ball fights! Ours is a 3 bedroom too. I love the fall too! I love the crisp air, makes me feel like I have more energy. We will be taking it slow. You gave me a giggle- squash !

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done



@54andfighting His scars are actually the same length, it is just that one is a little higher than the other, but it ends higher too. Welcome to our thread. Yes our avatar photo has been up there for awhile. He doesn't care if he has scars or not, he is just glad his knees don't give out on him any more! Have a great day.



Good Morning everyone!
 
@gr82cu2 I'll have hubby look it over, he is the main cook. He loves to cook, and is always trying new recipes.

Guess we did too much work in the yard today, hubby actually had to take one of his narcotics. We still went on our walk though. Slowly his popping noise is going away and they are getting less stiff. I have actually lost a pound since we started walking!
 
Today hubby's knees are 9 weeks and 19 weeks. He says he still has some issues with them but they are far better than they were. Left knee pain level varies from 0 to a 3 (first thing in morning and right after walking), Right knee pain level is 2 or 3. He says he is glad he had them done!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom