TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tired wife sorry to hear about your shoulder. Those shots are no fun. Hope you get long term relief. I got my surgery date for Oct 22nd today. It felt so real as soon as they said a date even though I was expecting it. Have a great day tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tiredwife I still have bruise on my calf wondering if they do a tourniquet down low. I have a lot to catch up on, I am so glad to be back

No low tourniquets with knee replacements so that is not a cause for calf pain. Have you mentioned it to your doctor so you could be checked for a blood clot? I doubt that's what it is, but since it has continued for a while you might want to check for sure.
 
@ironman60 LOL, didn't get much sleep the night before because of listening to the rain in the camper, had to go to bed or I would fall asleep sitting in my recliner!

@Minnie's knees Thank you, I hope the shot does good, tired of hurting. Glad you got your date, wow 19 days! I'm sure you are ready!

@Ollie Fall is my favorite time of year! We usually go camping for Thanksgiving. Had it snow on us a couple of times. It wasn't as fun in the pop up, but our new camper is set up for winter camping. Growing up in Wyoming we use to camp every year in the Rockies. We had a huge multi-room tent. Us kids learned how to set it up really fast. I remember we got there really late one time and had to set it up by headlights. That night we heard a bunch of noise and the next morning we realized we set up right on a game trail (moose no less) so we had to move camp. Back then you just camped where ever, not like the camp 'sites' now.
My 'walking man' is happy today because with the help of Ambien he slept 6 hours last night!

@sandbar525 Now don't you go start a sports war on my thread LOL!

@Jamie I believe she did have it checked a long time ago, I think her calf pain is from being a member of the ODIC.


Everyone, Good Morning to you all.

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
I hope your shoulder will feel better. The shots hurt though . I had my last shot about 5 months ago so I am starting to feel the twinges of pain trying to sneak in again. I hope it stays under controll for a long while. Hate those injections but they do help a lot so far. Good luck.
 
@madinana and @letsgo surprisingly the shot didn't hurt at all. The Novocain has worn off though so it is aching now! He said it takes awhile for it to start working.
 
@tiredwife
I totally forgot about your shot :sad: I hope it helps your shoulder, my husband had his
Replaced years ago. The Doctor said it is a very difficult joint because it has 8 muscles
That make it function.
During all your doctors appointment you still thought of me on my Anniversary :cry:
You have brought a tear to my eye. Thank You for the graphics, they are beautiful :loveshwr:
Please take it easy with your shoulder. Let your Husband help you, like you have
Helped him. I have Friday nights off, a cuppa tea:mcoffee: Sounds really good about now.
Have a Wonderful weekend,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
P.S.....I will stay out of the Football discussion ( I like baseball much better )...I am from Boston
& hate the "Patriots" Tom Brady makes my skin crawl, can't stand him. I am a Peyton Manning fan
I love him :loveshwr:When Brady is getting sacked, I am happy:)
 
@new knee in June I have heard that the shoulder is hard to do. Did your husband loose ROM? I started having trouble about 15 years ago, but until lately (growing grandson) it didn't bother me near as much. Arthritis isn't fun.

We went out to lunch (King's Chef) Oriental. Then went to the park and walked our half mile. Went to the store a little while ago and when we got back in the car we got some really bad news. One of my husband's friends died. He was quite a bit younger than us with two school age children. He was one of the ones the company (Northrop Grumman) my husband works for, sent to California to do some work. He was working out in the gym, got off the treadmill had a seizure and died, we don't have all the info yet. He was younger than most of the guys my husband works with and in really good shape so we can't understand what happened. I had only met him a hand full of times (usually he dropped by when we were camping) but he was a really nice guy.
 
@tiredwife They always told me 3-7 days for the shots to take effect. I hope your shoulder feels better soon! Sorry about the loss of your friend. How sad!
 
@tiredwife Sorry to hear about your husband's friend. I will remember his family in my players. I hope the injection of your shoulder works soon . arthritis really isn't fun at all. It is going to be cold tonight. Get out your sweaters.
 
@tiredwife
I am so sorry to hear of your husbands friend :sad: How young he was & having young
Children, makes it all the more difficult. My prayers to all who knew & Loved this young man :angel:
My husband also has Arthritis all through his body, It is inherited from Mother to male children.
He has had his hip & shoulder replaced & says "No more" when his knees give way he will
Probably retire. Then we will get divorced, because he will drive me insane :heehee:
He is the type of person who can not stand still, while me on the other hand, Am happy
To read a book & sit with my cats under a comforter all day :kittykiss:
Have a great Weekend,
Diana :loveshwr:
Carol would be happy with the way you are taking care of me :friends:I am too.....:)
 
@gr82cu2 That is what the doc told me, if it works I won't mind having it done every 6 months or so. It really didn't hurt, I've had blood draws that hurt worse. His tech pull down on my arm to make the gap bigger for the needle. Not bad at all.
Thanks for your sympathy. It was such a shock, he didn't have any known health problems.

@letsgo Thank you for your prayers. He was divorced but shared custody of his boys, he had a girlfriend he was serious about. His name was Scott.
I have arthritis in the middle finger of my left hand. Hurt it playing volley ball as a kid, always gave me some problems since, but now arthritis is making it grow crooked. Doc says to keep an eye on it and don't let it get too much worse before getting surgery to correct it.
 
@new knee in June I'm not sure how old he was, but think he was mid to late 40s. He was a good dad and always did a lot with his boys when he had them. It has hit Steve pretty hard.

I don't mind having Steve home all the time, except for there are a lot more dirty dishes ( be he has been doing them a lot lately) , the kitchen gets messier (he is a very good cook, but very messy), and the house is a lot dirtier (but now that he is feeling better I will start cleaning better again, now that I don't have to worry about him wanting to help being too much for him). I think our marriage will survive retirement! [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

You have a great weekend too! Here is a hug.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Think I forgot to tell you all that hubby took Ambien last night and got 6 1/2 hours sleep! He will try it again tonight. We walked our 1/2 mile again today, it keeps raining but eased up some after noon. Here are a couple of photos I took the other night through the rain on the window, first one was normal, second was during lightening above the clouds
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
.
 
It wonderful that hubby is walking and doing so well. Please send my wishes to Steve so sad for a young man to leave us that early. My prayers to Steve and Scott family. Love the rain pictures.
 
@madinana Thank you for your sympathy and prayers. I just hope someone contacted his girlfriend, we don't have her number.
He says his knee feels better after walking; right now he is achy though, because of the weather change.
I took a video of the storm and got the photos from that. The lightening was so bright!
 
Everyone, getting off here for today. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
broken link removed: https://wallswar.com/goodnight-emoticons/goodnight-emoticons-1/
 
@tired wife I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Steve's friend.

I am not sure I will ever be ready for my surgery. But I know it needs to be done. I have purchased a few things for surgery already so mostly prepared in that regard but I have to be careful that my nerves don't get the best of me. I'm sure I will be on bonesmart a lot in the next 18 days. I was reading your post and thinking this has been a nice trial run for retirement for the two of you.
 
@Minnie's knees Thank you! You will be ready! Are they doing a spinal? Hubby's anesthesiologist said that it is better, less chance of clots (don't know why) and less nausea, and you don't have the risk of the general suppressing your breathing. Hubby didn't like the idea of 'being awake' during surgery, but they assured him he wouldn't really be with the 'happy' drugs. He was really alert when they brought him to his room. Only a tiny bit of nausea that passed quickly. He was on solid food from the beginning. I made sure they had coffee waiting for him. Make sure you bring something with fiber (prunes, bran, etc.) to snack on to get your BMs going. If you have any questions be sure to ask.

@Jamie Laurie is the Oh mighty Queen of the Overdoers! I have to yell at her all the time! She is getting better about it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom