TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wanting to ask you if your hubby has pain around his knee? Going down steps has been great and the tight band feeling is really fading but about a week ago after pulling weeds and losing my balance on an incline my knee has pain around the knee. I didn't fall but probably twisted it catching my balance. I am hoping that I just feel pain more because the tightness is so much better. I was feeling so good before except of course energy level is still not very good. The pain is probably 6 or 7 but goes away to about a 2 or 3 if I am not doing steps and if no weight is on it it is ok.
 
@letsgo I think you need to get it checked just to be safe! Hubby's pain is usually the muscle above the knee and a tendon on the side of his knee feels like it gets pinched sometimes. Please let you OS know about twisting your knee!


@new knee in June Diana, You are very welcome on my thread
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
Stay awhile and have a cyber drink!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife
Good Morning Sunshine :SUNsmile: Your husband is doing so well :) May he continue to get
Better everyday.
I found something to keep me occupied till Carol returns. A friend of mine, here on Bonesmart
Had a Bilateral Knee replacement the day after my surgery. Yesterday, she had her hip replaced.
She is doing well. I will be encouraging her in this journey, We have kept in contact for 17 months.
It's amazing the friendships that develop on this Forum. As I'm sure you know. :friends:
Thank You for making me feel so :welome:On your forum,
Sincerely,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
@new knee in June Diana, Good Morning, glad your friend is doing well with her new hip! That and 2 knees is a lot to go through in just 17 months! I am sure she is really glad to have your support and your humor. It is amazing how close you can become to people you have never met. [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done You have a great day!
 
Good Morning everyone! Hubby is 8 weeks and 18 weeks today. Didn't sleep much last night so is napping right now. Everyone have a great day!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife I just got a call back from my OS nurse. She said that they are pretty positive that I probably tore at some inside stitches and tissues but as long as my rom and ext is there and it doesn't feel like it will give way and I can still straighten and bend it on its own that it will be ok. They said I set myself back about 2 weeks though. I am to watch it and call if I don't think it is getting better. AND NOT TO BE PULLING WEEDS and over doing it that this is still early in recovery process. Maybe this will help someone else if they have this problem. By the way....what is "Don" mean under your avitar? My name is Donna.
 
@letsgo Hi Donna, Don is just a ranking like yours is Junior Member. Has to do with how many posts you make. My name is Jackie.
Sorry you set yourself back, please take it easy and don't cause any more harm to your knee. No more weed pulling, you can tackle the weeds in the spring.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone, already lost power once, electrical storm, so I will say goodnight before we loose power again.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife Hi Jackie! It sounds as tough Steve is doing well....and driving for a week!!!! I know it will be awhile before I do that. I wanted to ask you. I remember reading in your earlier posts that Steve was having a lot of muscle pain. I have pain in my calf, but it seems a little better, but I'm really having pain in my thigh....right above my incision and to the right of my thigh. I know it's the muscle because when I massage it and apply pressure it is painful. I have been massaging it every night, but it is so sore. I did the same with my calf and could hardly touch it, but between massaging and flexing my foot and bringing my toes forward my shin, it is getting better. But the quad muscle is another story. Any suggestions? Thanks, Anne
 
@Yorkimom Anne, Steve still has some pain in his quad muscle. I believe it gets bruised with the tourniquet, and also it is shoved around during surgery. Steve had a knot in the muscle about tourniquet height. I rubbed it every night until it went away. I rub his quad muscles every night, and it is slowly getting better. I think it just takes time for the muscle to heal.
 
@tiredwife I finally got on here my computer was not letting me in That was quite a hunk of hail hope all is well and wow Steve is doing awesome . I still have bruise on my calf wondering if they do a tourniquet down low. I have a lot to catch up on, I am so glad to be back
 
@madinana The bruise on the calf might just be from them pulling or grabbing your leg to adjust something, not a tourniquet. Thanks for my hug! Here's one for you.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
We slept in the camper last night to listen to the rain storm, it got quite loud! For lunch today we are going to a farewell luncheon for a friend who is moving. Tomorrow I get my shoulder injected (steroid). Getting older hurts!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
You have a great day!


Everyone, Good Morning!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@madinana I agree with Jackie. They don't put the tourniquet that low. I have a lot of pain in my calf muscle too along with my thigh muscle. I'm sure the thigh pain is from the tourniquet, but think it could just be how they move you around during surgery for the calf muscle. What is strange is that with the first surgery I was bruised in the thigh area and calf area. I was a little sore from the bruising but nothing like this time. And this time I have not one bruise on my whole leg!! I hope you all have a good day. Anne
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom