TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pumpkln I see your :sneaker: and raise you an
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
air surveillance. Mine just wasn't working at the time.
 
@new knee in June I asked and he said the back of his knee was feeling "pretty good!"
Remember they have been trying to sneak in for years and this is the first time I didn't figure it out. Was to distracted with hubby's PT, etc. I knew they would want to check on him and see for themselves that he is okay. They really love him. They can't get over how well he is walking and getting around. They keep telling him how much better he is doing!
 
@tiredwife. Just thought I would stop by to say hi. It sounds like Steve is doing great. Flex of 127 on both knees is outstanding! My range do motion has gone down since my first PT. I went again yesterday and told them how much pain I was in the night before I wanted to take easy. I was still there for an hour an a half. They measure your ROM every time you go. My flex yesterday was 79 and my extension was 13. At the hospital they were 94 and 2. They are clearly making matters worse.
 
@Yorkimom Anne, time to find a different PT? Having said that, my rom decreased also from the hospital to my first PT session. From 90 to 84 I think it was. It could be swelling building up but 90 minutes is still too long IMO.
 
@gr82cu2 I expected my ROM to go down from the hospital. It Friday was the third visit and each visit it has gone down even more! I think Joe thinks I should try to stick this out with UofD because they get great results, it he isn't the one going through it. I just don't want to appear to be a quitter.
 
@Yorkimom Sounds like you are doing too much. Hubby sometimes lost a little on ROM but usually only a few degrees, and not every time. His PT was only 45 minutes 3 times a week. They never push him. If you are steadily loosing ROM you are doing too much, and if you PT makes your pain level climb more than 1 or 2 degrees during PT you are doing things that will hurt you and may cause problems with your knee. You need to tell them that they work for you and as far as you can tell they are making you worse! Cut the time you exercise back, and make sure you ice and elevate as soon as you get home. Not every PT is a fit for everyone, you don't have to quit going to them if you can get them under control. It isn't being a quitter if they are causing you damage.

@gr82cu2 I agree with you about Anne's PT! Hope you are having a great weekend!
 
Everyone, I am going to try to answer my alerts and then I'm going to bed.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife. Been thinking of you been babysitting since 8. This morning only been 12 hours.......I will be home Monday miss you take care
 
@tiredwife Just checking in!! Had a rash of meetings and busy BS last week and will have another busy weekend NEXT week. . . And am feeling pretty good! Tired but good. Will look in again tomorrow after my coffee!!
 
@Ollie Hi! Thanks for checking in. Glad you are doing okay with your busy schedule. Hubby is a little sore from all the running around and yard work we did yesterday. My mom and sister are here but will leave in the morning. My allergies are awful again because of the yard work (pulling weeds), hope we get a frost soon to kill all the pollenating weeds! Enjoy your coffee! That is something you don't want to rush! :)
 
Well, hubby has been driving for a week now, and he says (besides the first time) he doesn't get any pain from driving now. Our company made it back home safe. My mom gets really tired from trips and needs to slow down some. Her and my sister already made a trip from Arkansas to Montana and back this year and now a trip from Arkansas to Missouri and back. She is in her 80s and has been fighting cancer for 20 years. She is very stubborn and mule headed!
 
Didn't sleep well, because of allergies, so I am going to bed early tonight! Good Night all!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Hello Jackie & Steve @tiredwife

Wishing you both warm Autumn sunshine and days of comfort and rest and enjoyment.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@new knee in June You could fly over and vacation with her! [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
Get her number and call her everyday! [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done Spend the days working out. [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
Read a good book! [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done Take up a hobby! [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
Or just hang out on bonesmart and behave yourself! [Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom