TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tired wife no surgery date yet :what: hopefully I will get a date in the next few weeks. How long will Steve's PT last? Is it about 8 weeks total? Just wondering as I will probably be going back to work at around 8 weeks.
 
@Minnie's knees Let us know when you get your date. Steve had about 2 weeks home PT and he will have 4 weeks outpatient PT. They told him he can have more, but he doesn't want it. I think it is up to your OS and insurance. Some people go back to work and still go to PT. Really the only exercise he does there that he can't do here is the recumbent bike and we are thinking about getting one.
 
Hey everyone, have a great night!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@Minnie's knees If you have a "normal" recovery 8 weeks PT should be plenty I would think. If I wasn't headed into another surgery in November I'm sure they would turn me loose in the next week or two. I wanted to continue though up until my 2nd knee so I wouldn't lose strength or anything and so I could continue to strengthen my next knee in preparation for the surgery. My insurance allows for 40 PT visits in a year and as it will work out I will have exactly 40 at the end of December. So, I figured, why not? Like Jackie said, most of the exercises we can do on our own at home except the ones with the big equipment. Some of us (me!) need the motivation of the therapist in a structured setting. I've been slacking off on my home PT on my own and need to get back to it. I think as I've been doing more home chores and such I've felt like that made up for it. Maybe, maybe not?
 
@tired wife and @gr82cu2 I appreciate the information on PT. I am thinking ahead and wondering how I would fit in PT if I am back to work. Not enough time in my day now..lol.. Of course I can take off longer if I need to and my insurance pays for 90 PT visits per year which really surprised me.
 
@Minnie's knees You could always go to PT 3 times a week, while you are off work. I've only gone twice a week which has worked out well for me....gives me plenty of time to recoup between visits! In the beginning I think I needed the time in between. Now, maybe not so much. Maybe your employer would be happy to let you have time off to do PT rather than not have you come back at all for longer?
 
@gr82cu2 and @Minnie's knees I think getting back to your normal chores and activities is PT enough as long as you throw some stretches and bends in throughout the day. Especially if you go to work on top of it all.

Everyone good morning!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Great ROM figures! He's really doing well.
I have no idea what mine are; I wonder if it's worth getting a measuring device myself?
 
@kneeidea63 Don't think the measuring device would do any good. You would have to have someone who knows how to line it up to measure for you. They aren't that accurate anyway, they can be off by 5 degrees! As long as you can bend enough to do whatever you need to do, that is all that matters!
 
Everyone didn't sleep much last night, so I'm turning in early tonight. Pleasant dreams to all!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My Dear @tiredwife
I see you've been spreading more than viruses on Carol's thread :no-fin:
A word of warning.... Carol holds me in high esteem, she Love's me more
Than life itself :loveshwr:As I do her. She will believe me over you any day :)
Now, that that has been taken Care of.... How is your hubby doing ? :heehee:
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom