Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gr82cu2 We bought the red grapes last time, we also get cherries once in a while. We picked up some apples today too. We went to Mazzio's for lunch, all you can eat buffet. Salad and pizza. They make their own ranch dressing that is wonderful! Because we had a big lunch we will probably snack for dinner. Your chicken breast and ravioli sounds good!
No wonder you are having pain. Those Baker's cysts aren't fun, I know I have been to a few threads of people who have had to deal with them. Can he drain it, or is he afraid of infection? Make sure your PT know about the cysts, maybe they know something to help it go away!
 
Michelle knows about it. I showed her last Friday and she felt it and agreed something was wrong. That was the first thing she asked me about today knowing I had seen OS yesterday. He didn't say anything about draining it and honestly I'd be scared to death to push a needle in there and risk infection. It feels better yesterday and today so maybe it's nothing or just a pocket of swelling. It's weird though because it does feel encapsulated. It's about as big as the end of my thumb and squishy feeling like fluid, not anything hard. I just thought that may have been what was aggravating that tendon because it's right next to the tendon.

Sorry Steve is having tendon pain. Has he been stretching it a lot on his own. I did a lot of quad sets and stretches the past few days. Maybe that's what got mine to settle down? It's anyone's guess, LOL. The pain just seems to move around from day to day.
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, glad you are feeling better! I looked up Baker's cyst and they said to get rid of you can have it drained, steroid injection, PT and surgical removal. I hope your PT knows how to get rid of it. It is fluid in it.
I think Steve's tendon started acting up when he did the ladders at PT so he isn't doing them for awhile.
 
@tiredwife Glad Steve got a great report from OS. Nice you were able to get out for lunch. Those grapes look awesome. I love fresh fruits and vegetables. They taste so much better. Goodnight!

@gr82cu2 I have had several bakers cysts behind my right knee. Sometimes they go away on their own and sometimes I get a cortisone shot which makes it go away. My OS said he won't operate on bakers cysts as the benefit does not outweigh the risks. Please let me know if PT has any ideas on getting rid of it.
 
Hi @tiredwife - that is a big grape! I love grapes but I am very picky when I buy them. They have to be perfect as they are so expensive. My boys love them too and because we take them in our lunch, we buy a lot of them.

@gr82cu2 - I have the same issues with my second TKR that was done in July. I have a baker's cyst and tendonitis of the hamstring behind my knee. All of the swelling is causing issues in improving my ROM but I will keep at it. It's hard not to compare to Steve's progress but we do anyway. :)

Have a great night!
 
@tiredwife Glad to hear that Hubby is doing his OS proud!! May the rest of recovery help settle the tendon issue. Oh! That is a serious Grape! And I sort of envy the veggie problem you have - my pantry and freezer are a bit light at the moment. Not that I have time to can or prep to freeze stuff, but I did feel a twinge of envy!!

@marmora Really appreciate your good cheer! When I get home from work, I kick back, ice, check my email and then spend some time here. Your positive energy is uplifting!!

@gr82cu2 Sorry to hear about the cyst. Never have had that, but one of my co-workers had to endure the discomfort several years ago
 
@Minnie's knees The whole batch was that way, love grapes. Our neighbor's husband is a truck driver and she often goes on the road with him so we keep a watch on their house and their 3 daughters while they are gone, so she often give us some of the vegetables when they buy them at auction.

@71Beetle I don't know where the commissary (base store) gets them but those grapes are great. Hope your tendonitis and a bakers cyst get better really soon. Neither is any fun and both together has got to be miserable.

@Ollie I don't have the time or ambition enough to can anything, but luckily our freezer has a little bit of room in it. It is just the freezer part of our refrigerator. I wish I had a separate freezer. When we move to Oregon in a few years we plan on getting a separate freezer for all the fish, and seafood we plan on catching. Plus they have a bunch of wild berries that grow there that you are allowed to pick, along with other things.


Good morning every one!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Steve's PT went fine and I think I got to all my alerts. Now I need to get off here and do something about the vegetables. Everyone have a great afternoon.
 
@tiredwife I thought I would drop by and say hi. I've been so busy and with being away, it seems like ages since I've said hello. It sounds as though Steve is doing well. I hope I do as well!! That's nice you get all those veggies.
I love, love bananas, but like you said they don't seem t be keeping well anymore. I buy them and then end up throwing half of them away! Have a good night. Anne
 
Hi @tiredwife Did not get a chance to read posts yesterday and popping by to see your giant grapes. Wow are they ever big. Looks like they would taste nice to. Nice time of the year so many great fruits and vegetables and so much cheaper now then they will be will the fruits will have to be imported here and the fresh stuff tastes so much better. Hope you are having a nice day can't believe it is already Thursday time seems to be going fast almost the last of summer weather but still beautiful here. Happy your husbands appointment went well and that his surgeon is pleased to. Hope things get even better for you both Holly
 
@lavender Ah, didn't recognize you there for a minute, you changed your avatar! The grapes are great, we only have a few left! It is getting chilly here, I hope we don't have to turn the heat on! I need to pay a few bills today and do some vacuuming and mopping. Always something to do! Hope you are doing okay? Have a great day!
 
Hi @tiredwife I changed my avatar today to a picture we took last year at the Butterfly conservatory. It is a butterfly just after hatching out of its cocoon and he or she is drying out on the top of one of the plants there. I was trying for a picture of the large turtles there but had problems posting it so I settled on this one for now. Going to try again just for a change.

Hope the weather does not turn that cold for you nice to go as long as you can without having to close the windows and then turn on the furnace. It is quite a bit cooler here at night and with out bedroom window blocked with out air conditioner my husband who usually had felt the cold more had been turning our air conditioner on low just to get a flow of air. It is helping as we are both sleeping almost all through the night aside from trips to the bathroom.

I agree it seems there is always a lot to do just got home to phone calls one from the man who is the manager of the head office part of the clinic. Not planning on hearing from them again but he is calling back. Sounds really nice and said he just wants to talk maybe he can straighten this out and others will be more comfortable maybe the people at the clinic are not feeling comfortable the way they are having to do their jobs so might help there to. I was going to leave it just wanted to voice my feelings and let them know things are not the way they should be but talking to him when he returns my call.

Wondering if there were any other people that day that filled in a survey usually would leave it and not worry but the only way that things can improve if they know there is a problem. Hope you had a nice day and that the weather keeps up with some warm sun. Holly
 
@lavender Such a pretty blue on your butterfly! Maybe you can make a difference and help other people not have a bad experience! The only place we had to drive to today was to get gas for the lawnmower, but it is too wet to mow. I cooked the spaghetti squash we were given and am letting it cool so I can bag it and freeze it. Spent some time trying to balance the check book, but am off some so I will rest a bit and then tackle it again. Shouldn't have waited so long to balance it! You have a great day!
 
Well, got the squash all in the freezer. Got the check book balanced, note to self - don't wait 2 1/2 months to do it again.
 
I love spaghetti squash. Kent, not so much. I get so mad at myself when I let that much time go between balancing the checkbook. It's so much harder to find any mistakes. I just did ours yesterday for the first time since before my surgery. I had 2 statements since then. I was only off by $3 so didn't figure that was too bad. Probably just a math error. I just adjust the balance when I find little ones like that. Not worth the bother to add and subtract everything again. Our bank account is looking pretty sad after all my doctor bills this year. But, from now on insurance should cover 100%. I've met my yearly out of pocket maximum! First time I've ever done that. Hope it never happens again, LOL.
 
@tiredwife You are a very busy lady with getting all the vegetables taken care of. I need to be more adventurous with vegetables. Would Steve mind sharing his butternut squash receipes? And how do you cook butternut squash? One last question of how do you use your spaghetti squash? I have cooked one before but really didn't know what to do with it other than a little butter and seasoning and I didn't know you could freeze it. So much knowledge on here..lol.

@gr82cu2 It's nice that your insurance will now pay 100% I am at the same place which is why I am hoping to have RTKR before the end of the year. Saving a few thousand dollars has been a great motivator. How do you use your spaghetti squash?
 
@gr82cu2 I didn't mean to wait so long, just kept putting it off. We haven't had spaghetti squash that often so we are just learning about it. Steve's bills are still filtering in $12 here $180 there, etc. Hope you don't have that many more medical bills again either.

@madinana I'm sorry you are:hairpulling: !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom