Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife Ihope your allergies are doing better. We are expecting rain this weekend and hopefully it will help clear the air. Glad PT is working with your hubby on the ladder. It will give him confidence knowing he can do it before going back to work. I don't know how you visit as many threads as you do. It does seem like an impossible task but you do a great job trying.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tiredwife we have a room we call it the To Do Room------ where it get put there for now and will take care of later and later has not come yet :snork:
 
@tiredwife
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
of course I am here and you are running errands, thinking of you and hope your alergerys are feeling better
 
@Minnie's knees Suppose to rain here too. It's turned 'long sleeve shirt' chilly out. Feels good! I figured it would take me about 48 hours to do a quick hi on everyone thread. Isn't going to happen! Hubby's legs was a little sore yesterday because of the ladder, so he might skip it today!

@Ollie Our room is the Junk room. We need to go through ours before hubby goes back to work.

@madinana Yep, guess we all have a To Do room! :) We keep missing each other! Hubby got his blood work done then we went out for breakfast.

Everybody have a great day! Good Morning!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@Minnie's knees and @madinana I'm a cool weather type person, love a chill to the air (could be because of the hot flashes :heehee:). It is 56 here today and misting.

Hubby got his normal blood work done this morning (just normal physical type stuff). Then we went out for breakfast. Then we went to PT. No ladder today because he was still stiff and sore from last time. His stiffness comes from the top of his calf kind of behind his knee. His therapist had him do a lot of stretching. For the first time she had him lay on his belly and hang his legs off the end. She said it was really important to roll a towel and put under the thigh just above the knee, that keeps all the pressure off the knee cap. You shouldn't put pressure on the knee cap. Knee number 1 was still at 3 extension but dropped to 124 from 125 flex. Knee number 2 his flex was 125 and his extension was 2. Went out to eat lunch, and bought a strawberry rhubarb pie on the way home, the type that you have to cook yourself. We have some vanilla ice-cream to go with it.
 
@Marianna I didn't realize you were in Ny. I would love to visit and play in snow but not sure I could live in it. Some years we are still wearing shorts at Christmas.

@tiredwife I can certainly relate to the hot flashes. Even though I had a complete hysterectomy several years ago I still get them. Pie and ice cream sound lovely especially as I have been trying to lose weight before surgery. I have lost 13lbs in last 3 weeks but it's so hard as I love comfort food and desserts.
Goodnight. Hope you :sleep: well.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tiredwife Strawberry Rhubarb!!! Love that, with ice cream. . .:loveshwr: Or plain!!

We have to straighten up our for now room, too. It has my detritus - seat extenders, blocks for my chair, a shower chair... And more!! It was the computer room/office/work room, but once we got our laptop and iPads, we gradually got rid of some stuff (desk, file cabinets) and now it is just a catch all!!

And didn't hate on me, but it had about three months of flashes and then. . . Done. But I do love me the cooler fall weather!! Was 48 here this AM on my way to school. Was a nice day!!
 
@Minnie's knees I'm one of blessed (sarcastic) women who will be peri-menopausal forever! Since his first knee surgery hubby has lost about 30 pounds. We are hoping that it stays off. Loosing weight before the surgery is a great idea. You are doing great! The narcotics after surgery make you loose even more!

@Ollie We are waiting another week or so for hubby to be up to helping me with the junk room.
I may not hate on you, but I will be green with envy.


Good morning everyone!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
We went to the local churches second Saturday of the month breakfast again today. All you can eat for $3.00.
 
@tiredwife Good Morning it a
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
cool rainy day.....I am finishing up some housework I hope you are doing well and hope Steve thigh is feeling better. Have a great day
 
@madinana Hi! Steve's main issue now is just the stiffness behind his knee. PT showed us an exercise to help that so we will do it later.
 
Have a headache so calling it a night......Pleasant Dreams everyone!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Hi @tiredwife sorry your allergies are still bothering you. Mine have been acting up as well. Is it the allergies that cause your headaches?

We have had a rainy cool day in Ottawa. Have the gas fireplace on and a blanket while I ice my legs and watch a movie with my hubby and middle boy. I had a pretty lazy day. Worked in my home office and chilled out in general. I will go and visit my mom and dad tomorrow and hope that the weather warms up.

How is Steve doing? I liked the pic of him on the ladder at physio. When is he going back t work? Is he nervous to go back to a job that depends on his legs a lot? I sometimes wish that I had a more physical job. I am still not driving so I can't go out to client meetings so I am at my desk almost all day. I have to remind myself to get up and walk around so I don't stiffen up. Wow that sounds trivial compared to what others go through doesn't it? :)

Hope your toaster oven is working well for you. It must be pretty big if it has a rotisserie! Do you plan on using the rotisserie?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
 
@71Beetle Thanks for stopping by! Part of the headache is sinuses, I also think I am due new glasses, plus pressure fronts moving through!
We have 2 gas fireplaces. One up in the living room and one downstairs. The TV is downstairs, but we haven't hooked up that fireplace yet, so we just have the blankets today, and the cats to keep us warm. Just don't want to turn on the central heat yet!
Steve doesn't have to return to work until 1 November when his short term disability is up. He is so bored he might try for mid October. He paid for the ladder, had sore muscles for 2 days after so he didn't do it Friday. I think the main thing bothering him now is the spot on the top of his calf behind the knee is tight and sore. I can feel knotted muscle back there. He says he isn't nervous about going back. His boss is great and will let him set his own pace and take breaks when he needs too.
The toaster oven has 2 racks and will hold a 13in. cookie sheet. We will use the rotisserie but hubby says we won't be cooking a 20 lb turkey in it.:heehee:
Hope you enjoyed your movie? How are you feeling?
 
Steve is having some pain behind his knee today, not the same spot as before. If it doesn't go away we will tell his OS Tuesday when he has a follow up. He was up to grilling some stakes out tonight! Got a long day tomorrow, so won't be on here until late. Everyone have a great day!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Sorry Steve is having some new pain. It seems like TKR is an adventure from day to day and week to week. Thanks for the instructions for the emoticons! Looks like we were posting at the same time..lol...
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom