Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that Steve is having pains behind his knee. That is not fun at all. He has to take it easy and not rush through things. His surgeries were close together and even though his first knee felt good, it was still not fully healed so the latest knee operation has to depend a lot on it's own steam still and that may make it take longer...at least that is what I tell myself :) Hopefully he will let his knee decide on when he will return to work as opposed to his boredom. Don't let him go back early if it means delaying his healing.

I have tendonitis behind my latest TKR knee. It is very painful and is causing swelling that is hindering my progress. Not much I can do and it will go away so I will have to live with it. I am confident that I would be in better shape when it comes to healing had I not returned to work as early as I did.

Your toaster oven sounds the size of an oven! Are you enjoying it? What is your favourite dish to make in it? My mom used to make me A1 sandwiches in our toaster oven. Toast with bacon and a slice of cheese melted over it. We call them A1 because they are A-One! :)

Hope you and Steve have a good night. Stay warm!
:flwrysmile:
 
Good Morning Just stopping by really quick between appointments. Will answer everyone when we get back from his next appointment. Just wanted to say Good AFternoon!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Minnie's knees Hi! Glad you figured out the emoticons! His pain is from a tendon. His PT told us to try rolling it out, asked him if a rolling pin would work, he said yes, so will try it tonight. :shrug:

@71Beetle Hi! Don't worry he isn't going back to work until we both feel he is ready, and not until he is off the Norco. I will have all the guys at work keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't overdo it when he does go back.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
I get tendonitis in my wrists and ankles so I know how painful it can be. When I get it I usually wrap it. I did get a steroid injection in my ankle one once, and was suppose to wear one of those boot things. It made it worse so I just used an ace bandage and wrapped it.
The toaster oven isn't near as big as an oven, but with the just the two of us we use it for anything we would normally cook in the big oven. It costs a lot less to use it than to use our big oven. We usually use our toaster oven at least once a day. We use it a lot more than our microwave! So far, in the new toaster oven, we have made oven roasted potatoes in it, burritos, and strawberry rhubarb pie, etc. I sometimes take Pillsbury croissants and roll bacon bits, cheese and a little onion up in them and cook them. Got to love bacon and cheese.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done


@Sudibar Hi! He says it feels a little better now after PT worked on it some for him this morning. I see you are going for BTKR. There are a lot of people on here that have both at the same time. Wish you luck with yours. Remember elevation and ice are very important, and to elevate right your feet should be above your hip level or 'toes above the nose'.

Everybody, they measured at PT again today because he sees his OS tomorrow for a check up. Old new knee is still at 125/3. New new knee is at 130/3. Saw his regular doctor today for blood work check up. Cholesterol is a little high so he starts on meds for it tomorrow. Everything else was good, but he is a little dehydrated. Hope every one is having a good day. Now I have to catch up on my alerts!
 
Hi Jackie & Steve @tiredwife

Just reading through your thread to catchup, before I turn out the lights and settle down for the night.

Take care and sleep well,
Cathie
 
@tiredwife, Steve's numbers sound great!!! He should be really pleased! Mine are 119/-3 and 110/-5 and he had his done later than I did. Congratulations to his success!

Have a good sleep!
 
Good Morning Jackie & Steve @tiredwife

Hope that the headache passed and that you both had a restful sleep last night- although you are hopefully, still asleep as post this at 8:45 am in Dublin and ?about 2:45 am where you are ?

Pass on my congratulations to Steve on his great Flexion/extension numbers ! :yay:
I am sure that at his OS appointment today will be very well pleased with that !

Take care and thinking of you,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@71Beetle Thank you! We are very pleased with his ROM. Especially since the OS told us that his left would probably not get better than 120. He had to do a lot of work on the left knee. It was slow getting it's ROM, stalling out often. His right has always had good ROM but his pain is worse with this knee. His legs were really strong before the surgery and he had a lot of PT on the right knee before the RTKR as he had PT for his LTKR so I think that helped his ROM on the right knee. Your numbers are just fine - don't compare, there are a lot of different problems with different people and different knees.

@Ollie Thank you! How are you doing?

@Jozilla Thank you! You seem to be doing great too!

@Pumpkln Thank you! His cholesterol isn't that high, but they want to catch it before it gets bad.

@madinana Miss you too! Enjoy your visit with your grandkids, don't let them wear you out!

@Sudibar LOL the rolling pin is to use to roll out his tight tendon behind his knee. We will try it tonight.

@marmora Thank you! Headache keeps coming and going, it keeps trying to rain, and has gotten chillier out.
I also think I need new glasses! I will survive.


Steve says, "Thank you" to all of you! His OS appointment is at 10:45 this morning so I will get back on here after that and picking up some groceries. Until then: Good Morning everyone!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@gr82cu2 Hi Janet! It keeps forgetting to give me alerts. How are you doing? Hope you are getting around better with less swelling!
 
Well, Steve's check on his knees went well. OS was very pleased, said the tendon behind his knee would work itself out with a little time. He goes back in 6 weeks.
On another note, check out the size of the grapes we bought today!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Jackie @tiredwife

Those grapes are super grapes !
Hope they taste as good as they look.

Glad to hear that Steve's OS visit went well.

Cathie
 
I got some super sweet red grapes the other day and some apples. I love how fresh and crisp the apples are this time of year. I'm hungry! Thinking about grilling some chicken breasts and making (cooking already prepared) goat cheese ravioli and a salad for dinner.

@tiredwife my hamstring tendon seems to have calmed down some from the other day. My OS said yesterday the pocket of fluid I'm feeling back there may be a Baker's cyst but will go away. I'm pretty much back to regular stiffness for now, I guess. I just got home from PT. Michelle will be gone on vacation for my next 3 appointments. I'm happy she can get away but will miss her for sure. I set all my appointments from now till the next surgery when I was there today. This is working out perfectly. With the sessions I've already had plus the ones between now and November 4th and then skip a week for surgery and then back 2 times a week will take me to exactly 40 sessions on December 31st. 40 is what my insurance allows per year. Let's hope I don't need anymore after the 1st of the year.
 
@marmora Oh, they do! They are really good! The whole batch is like that!
We gave up buying bananas, for some reason they turn to mush before they even turn brown. That has happened to us every time we have bought them the last 6 months or so. We like having fresh fruit around to snack on.
Steve's OS was very pleased with his handy work on both knees. He really does take pride in his work, but I must admit his mouth fell open when he saw how far Steve could bend his leg! He said at 6 weeks (will be tomorrow) if the only complaint he has is an aching tendon behind the knee then he is ahead of the game!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom