TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife What I've been doing the past few days is bend my knee until the tendons tighten and then rub them till they loosen up, bend some more, repeat. It seems to help in the moment but no lasting effect. This swelling is the biggest obstacle of this surgery, no doubt.
 
@gr82cu2 sounds like if you could find some way to get the swelling down things would go much smoother. Hope it goes down soon!:console2:
 
@madinana Hi there, sorry Mr. Calf is back!

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
Sounds like you are still the Queen of the overdoers!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
Get some rest, elevate and ice.
 
I am doing very well. I think I have come to a turning point. The tight band feeling is getting better. I am starting to see a knee cap I think. There seems to be more aching in the knee itself. Maybe because the area around it is better and I notice it more. Aching at night too. Maybe should go back to full meds and not be so irradical about taking them.I have norco 10-325 scheduled 1/2 to 1 tab every 4 hours. I try to take 1/2 every 6 or 1 every 6 to 8 hours. I am going on 7 weeks and I am afraid of being on meds too long. Although my os has not acted like I am over doing it. Actually his nurse tells me I am still early in recovery but to cut back when I can.
 
This is the same meds I was sent home with except dosage was 1-2 every 3 hours I took 2 in beginning. I think I have cut back some. Does hubby still take anything? How are you both today?
 
@letsgo Hubby still has that tight band feeling above the knee too, but some of the pain behind his knee is getting less. He is still on Norco. About 2 pills every 6 hours during the day, so about 4 or 6 pills a day. He is also on Diclofenac (Has been for years for his joints, anti- inflammatory). His first knee he was on Percocet but by the 4th or 5th week he was off them. More pain with this one. Some people are on meds for quite some time. Each knee is different. If you have pain, you need your meds. He actually slept pretty good last night. Had PT today so he is icing his knee right now. We decided his extension may never get better than 3, but it doesn't cause him any problem. I am doing okay, glad our weather is more on the chilly side, hate Missouri's hot humid summers.
 
@tired wife, good afternoon :wave:your posts with the emoticons always make me smile. Glad everything is ok with your neighbor and the new baby.
 
So latest awful PT exercise today was stand with back to wall, put your heel up to the wall place a ball behind the knee and press the ball into the wall with the back of the knee. Don't think hubby liked that one at all!!!!
 
@Minnie's knees Good Afternoon to you too. Glad the emoticons give you a smile! Have you got a date yet?
The new baby is named Isabella Rose. I think that is a beautiful name. She looks just like her mother. Never met the dad, so I don't know what he looked like (think he left town). They should get to come home tomorrow.
 
Congrats on the new neighbor baby. That is a very pretty name.

I think all the extension exercises hurt the worst. I'm so glad my extension has been good since the beginning at a 0 or -3 was the best measurement I've gotten. I really dislike it when they make me stand on the slant board and hold for 30 seconds at a time. I know those tendons need stretching out but OUCH!!!
 
@gr82cu2 Hubby hates those too, and the stretching with the foot up on the stairs, they make him do those every PT too. He only has 2 more PT sessions, but the only thing they have that he can't do at home is the bike. We are still thinking about getting one. His extension is pretty much set at 3 in each leg. The new one was at 0 once, but hasn't been back since. Now that the weather is cooling off we will probably get out and walk when he is finished with PT. It will do us both good!
 
Yes, the foot up on the stair one hurts!!! I have to do that one every time and the slant board maybe every other time. It is really chilly here. We woke up freezing this morning because we had gone to bed with some windows open. Maybe the cold weather will help with our swelling? Hmmmmm...... Beats heat and humidity any day. I'm like you and don't like the hot muggy weather in the summer. It is totally beyond me how anyone can live in the deep south. I would be miserable. I hope to get out and walk some with the cooler weather too. Our streets were nicely repaved last week so no more excuses because there are no pot holes or loose rocks to stumble on.
 
@gr82cu2 I tried the foot on the stairs one, but hubby gave me the sad look because I can hyperextend my legs to past 0 so I stopped. We don't have many sidewalks, but a state park is 1 mile from our house and we can drive out there and walk, or the community center in a neighboring town has an indoor track. Personally I would rather walk out doors.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom