Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife I had a :idea: moment maybe Steve
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
and you were wanting the
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
guy to see if it picked up glass okay I am not funny :beg:
 
@madinana Hubby's bills come in a little here a little there. Don't know how the papers ended up all over the house! The pain chart is one hubby likes because it makes it easier to choose. My whole house is disorganized right now. I need to start in on it now that hubby is doing better. It doesn't help that 3 days a week we have to run to PT and then for some reason he always gets his meds on a different day. So 4 days a week we have to go to the next town over. (10 miles one way, not a lot, but it takes a bite out of the day).
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Hi Jackie ... just popped in to say "hi" to you and Steve. I am glad Steve is doing better. You sure are one ultimate carer. There is quite a bit of driving around for you with PT and scripts. All my surgery bills are in one neat little pile at the moment. I can't believe how many "extras" there are to take care of - anaesthetist fees, assistant doctor fees, surgeon fees. I'm glad all the hospital costs were covered by my health plan. Some of the additional costs will be covered by Medicare, but it is such a bother getting someone to take me to the Medicare office and submitting the forms and waiting for their bit and then putting in my bit and sending it back off to doctor. More running around for my daughter. It is funny - when the kids were growing and especially when teenagers, it was my daughter who gave us the most angst, worry and concern. The three boys were no trouble at all, but Meaghan - well that was another story. I always knew she would come through eventually though. But whenever I need help and support, she is always there in the forefront, putting her own life on hold to help me out. The boys are very good with practical support, but for emotional support, Meaghan is tops.

I hope you both had a great night's sleep and your day goes well.

Take Care ... Hugs ... Ellen
 
Hi @tiredwife Sorry to hear about your toaster oven. Those are great aren't they? I used one all through college. Can't use it much now with a family of 5. We sold ours in a garage sale years ago (before I thought to save things for when my boys move out).

Your hubby is doing so well with his flexion. That is amazing. I was at 116 with my first one at my last physio appointment and 95 with my second. The tendonitis at the back of my knee is causing a lot of grief but it will come eventually.

Ladders wow! I guess with flexion like that it is not too difficult for him but the extension must be tough. What line of work is he in? Is he planning on returning to work soon?

Sorry you have such bad allergies! That Rainbow vacuum would help you so much. Our sales person here had a deal that if I referred 4 people that bought one, I could earn mine for free. I still would have had to dish out the money so it was a no for me for now. My hubby thinks it is a big farce but I know others that have it and they swear by it.

I know what you mean about the physio and trips to the pharmacy taking up time. Especially when your appointment is at 10:00 am like your last one was. By the time you get home, it's time for lunch then clean up and before your know if the afternoon is half over! Crazy how time flies!

Well, I hope you and hubby had a restful night. Take care and we'll "talk" soon.
 
Good Morning everyone!!

@NetballKnees Glad your daughter turned out to be dependable! I always thought my son would have problems because he is so gullible and falls for every person story, but he married a strong woman who taught him about the importance of knowing where his money goes. Our daughter was so level headed, but she married a guy that would rather have what he wants when he wants it instead of paying bills, so she is the one having money issues. So far we have paid out a couple hundred for the first surgery, haven't gotten any bills for the second yet.

@71Beetle Thank you about sympathy for the death of our toaster oven! We miss it, going to get another one today.
It took forever with knee #1 to get good ROM, #2 was good from the start. He did good on the ladder, said he felt a little shaky. He works for Northrop Grumman doing modification on the B2, he spends lots of time on a ladder working on it.
I like that the rainbow can also be used as an air purifier.
Yes, his PT seems to be always mid day. Kind of messes up the day, but he needs it so such is life.
 
Hi everyone! We went to Walmart and got a new toaster oven, this one has a rotisserie! We went to Lowes and got some new tile for our little 1/2 bath. We stopped by and picked up his Norco. Then we went to the golf course for lunch. Home now elevating. Now I need to balance the check book and pay some bills. Maybe I'll take a nap first. He has PT tomorrow with the woman who, on the day he was getting out of the hospital with the first knee, shoved his leg back. I turned in a complaint on her, so we will see how it goes!
 
@tiredwife the toaster oven has risen :heehee: and since you are such a good caregiver you got a bonus a rotisserie :yay:Sounds like you had a nice afternoon I hope that women does no harm to him I can lend you my :old:
 
Hubby will be 15 weeks knee 1 and 5 weeks knee 2 tomorrow. Here is another comparison between the two knees, first comparison is earlier in the thread. ? means I forgot to log in his progress that day.

Day 22 (thur) 1st knee - Overdid it, meds every 6 hours, set back on extension
2nd knee - having anxiety, walked around outside for a little while.

Day 23 (fri) 1st knee - ?
2nd knee - downstairs like a big boy ONCE, walking better, changed from Percocet to Norco.

Day 24 (sat) 1st knee - rode to get meds, cooking dinner together
2nd knee - made breakfast and dinner. Norco doesn't work as well as Percocet, anxiety is less.

Day 25 (sun) 1st knee - didn't ice much/stiff/most swelling gone/ heat gone/out for lunch/ restless night
2nd knee - took Benadryl sat. night slept about 5 hours waking once for pills

Day 26 (mon) 1st knee - ?
2nd knee - keeps forgetting cane, didn't ice much. Had a pinch behind knee cap.

Day 27 (tue) 1st knee - made dinner himself. tightness in knee waking him
2nd knee -Pt flex both legs 125 and ext #1 is 3 ext #2 is 0 He did good. has tightness.

Day 28 (wed) 1st knee - walked down stairs like a big boy. tightness at night
2nd knee - PT, sore from day before

Day 29 (thur) 1st knee - pt at hosp. gained 5 in flex, ext on 8, walked Walmart - pain at 2. tight at night
2nd knee -sore from PT two days in a row. resting.

Day 30 (fri) 1st knee - still tight at night. off Percocet on diclofenac and Tylenol
2nd knee -pt in one minute able to stand from a chair 32 times. walked 15 steps twice.

Day 31 (Sat) 1st knee - pt , pain not over 3, muscle tightness, 5 hours sleep.
2nd knee -pain is usually a 3. went grocery shopping. limping

Day 32 (sun) 1st knee - driving
2nd knee - knee stiff had a touch of pain in knee itself

Day 33 (mon) 1st knee - ?
2nd knee - pt 1st knee 125 and 3, 2nd knee 126 and 3, climbed a ladder. pain 4 at pt.

Day 34 (tues) 1st knee - no muscle tightness, PT pain from 2 to 3
2nd knee - not doing too bad, went to Walmart, Lowes, got Norco, and ate out (appetite coming back)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@madinana I meant 15 steps twice, I changed it! He was really worn out after that day! He is doing pretty good today even after walking around in the two stores. He is making corn bread in our new toaster oven to go with the soup beans in the slow cooker. I'll let you know how it turned out, going to eat now.
 
@tiredwife my knee is like snapping sounds when I walk is that normal? oh man Love bean soup and corn bread I don't make bean soup due to the side effects if you know what I mean
 
@madinana Hubby is gassy enough, but he is the one that put them on! As the swelling goes down your knee can make popping, clanking noises. Hubby says his does sometimes, but I haven't heard it. Many people get noises but after time they say most of them go away. As long as you aren't having pain when it happens.
 
@madinana then it isn't something to worry about. Stiffness stays awhile, it will gradually go away. Glad the queen is taking a break!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom