Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NetballKnees Ellen Thank you for stopping by! Yes it is Jackie and hubby is Steve! Never compare yourself to what others do. Because of his job Steve has always had very strong legs, that is why he is doing so well. Even at PT with the first knee he was working out the second leg to build strength (mainly leg presses). We are really blessed that he has had 2 fairly easy recoveries. Hang in there it will come. A year from now it will be hard pressed to tell who was doing what at what stage. In the end you will both have great knees! Have a great day!
Emoticon are free on the internet, you just have to look around. Then left click on copy and go to were you want to put it and left click paste.


Every one Good Morning, have to get off here in a minute and go grocery shopping. Hubby is going to be brave and come with me today. Wish him luck!
 
@tiredwife wanted to say good morning, good afternoon and evening I will be having company won't be on until later hope Steve had a good night, and you too for that matter!!!!
 
Well he survived the grocery shopping! Elevated and iced and relaxing now. He is limping a little more today. So I think it is a do nothing else day today.
 
@tiredwife Hi Jackie. Just stopping in to say hi. How is Steve feeling tonight? My back was feeling better today and Joe and I went to a "stop the clot" benefit. A friend of a friend died from a blood clot two years ago. He had bunion surgery and was home recuperating. He was only 61 and it happened so fast. Now I been thinking about blood clots. Not something I want to think about before surgery.
They had a great band there and of course I can't listen to music and not dance. Years ago we took ballroom dancing and the swing is one of our favorites. Now I'm sitting here with the heating pad on my back. I'll never learn. Anne
 
@Yorkimom I have the feeling you are going to one of our overdoers! Steve is doing okay, grocery shopping kind of caused some aches. Says his knee is stiff. The people I have known to have gotten clots are people who sat on their couches and did nothing, you have to do foot wiggles and get up and walk to the bathroom, etc every once in awhile. Trick is the moving of your feet and legs. My daughter was into swing dancing in college. She was pretty good at it. I don't have much rhythm.
 
@tiredwife Jackie,oh how I remember the ankle circles and moving my leg all the time!
Anyone can learn to dance. Joe and I started line dancing back in the early 90's. The problem he couldn't hear the best to the music! He spent countless hours down the basement practicing. He is a type A personality so when he does something, he gives it 150%. Seeing him now you would never know how hard he had to work!
 
Everybody I wish you a good night!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Hi @tiredwife - happy to hear that your hubby is still improving every day. Icing and elevating is definitely still key.
 
@tiredwife I finally figured out why its hard for me to go DOWN the stairs my knee is stiff and then it pulls in my calf I have been doing sideways and now trying to do it correctly
 
@tiredwife glad you daughter found someone to watch your grandson. They don't realize it takes a lot out of US. 5 years ago my daughter and 2 young granddaughters moved in with us after leaving a bad situation. My daughter has medical issues that do not allow her to live alone for now. While we would do anything for them and to protect them it was a big adjustment for all of us. I understand being more of a second mom but we do what we need to do as you have done helping your daughter while she was in school. Now it is your time to prepare for retirement and enjoy it .

We have 5 grandchildren from ages 3-10. We spent a week in June with all 5 of them and my daughter, son and daughter in law at a Jellystone campground in TN and loved it. I don't rough it. We were in 2 bedroom cabins with all amenities. :heehee:
 
@madinana Good Morning! :) Glad you are trying to go down stairs correctly. It will take time and practice.@

Everyone have a great day!
 
@tiredwife I love all your images. They are so cute. I'm still trying to nurse my back. Of course surgery is less than two weeks away and my knee feels fine. I hope everyone has a good night. Anne
 
@tiredwife good to hear about your hubby's kneecap pain diminishing! Also his extension is amazing! I think it'll be aw hike before I get that kind of extension. I've been on a cane for awhile and it's a lot easier than the walker or crutches, that's for sure.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Yorkimom Sorry you back is still hurting! The knees always get feeling better when faced with surgery.

Everyone, Gooooood Moooooorning! Hubby has PT at 10:00 am so won't be on much this morning.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom