TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife I just read about Steve's mother. Sending prayers and hugs for a quick recovery. Steve's knees look great. He is doing fantastic. I know he is working hard, but you have a lt to do with it too. He's very lucky to have you. Have a good night. Anne:flwrysmile:
 
@tiredwife I just want to say thank you for all that you do on this forum. I have seen your posts on so many of the threads I have been reading. You are so encouraging to everyone and always ready to help. Paying it forward as you said is what I love about this forum. Also, it sounds like your hubby has had a great recovery. I can only hope mine goes as well.
:thankyou:
 
Good Morning everyone! Steve isn't near as sore as he thought he would be this morning! We went and got his Norco and got him a new pair of shoes, his old ones (to be expected) was hurting his feet. He is a happy camper today!

@letsgo Thank you, prayers are gratefully excepted! His mom is doing a bunch better. They drained a bunch of fluid off from around her heart yesterday, and she might get out of the hospital today. On hubby's first knee at 5 weeks he was only at 115 flex and 3 extension and it did fine. His extension on it was at 0 for a little bit, but is at a 3 now but PT isn't worried about it. I think your ROM is just fine.

@kneeper after PT he uses his cane a little, but not much.

@madinana I am a bossy Leo (zodiac sign), I am tough, hear me roar!:heehee:

@Ollie I agree, hairy but nice :)

@Yorkimom Thank you! Prayers are always appreciated. His mom is doing a lot better and should get out of the hospital soon. Hubby and I are lucky to have each other!

@Minnie's knees Thank you! Just get that leg and it's thigh muscle as strong as you can before surgery, I believe that plays a big part in recovery. Having a great surgeon helps too!
 
Won't be long before the grandson is here and he takes over my computer. If I don't get on here again, Good Night to you all and pleasant dreams!
 
Good almost Afternoon to you all! Hubby had a restless night, thigh muscle again. He has PT today, hope she is gentle on him today. I will have to keep a close watch on them. He said the tight band is loosening up, so there is some good news. Pain at a high 3, dull ache.
 
@jsm Yep, be kind of hard to function without any, but then again.....
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
do jelly fish have muscles?
 
Hubby survived PT today: 10 minutes on the bike, did the wedge in front of the wall, stepping on the step up and down - forward and backward, stretches on the steps, 6 minutes walking around the track, Up and down regular stairs (15 steps) like a big boy twice (found out that the slower you go down the harder it is, the more your leg shakes), and in 1 minute he stood up from a chair without using his hands 32 times. Then he iced, and we came home and now he is icing again. PT said he could use heat on his thigh, but rotate it with ice. Heat draws fluid to the area (learn something new every day). Hope everyone is having a good day!
 
@Celle AW... Thank you! Like I always say we are lucky to have each other! Everyone here helps each other just as you and I do! That is what this forum is all about!
 
@tiredwife and Steve this is my wish for you that tomorrow
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
and her are some tips for you and steve
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
drink lots of fluid, be sure to put on
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
and if it gets too hot just plug
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
and be sure to get a good night sleep :sleeep:for you and for :zzz: and have a wonderful time with your friends at the campsite
 
@madinana Love your emoticons. You are really getting the hang of it!
Turns out our friends that were going camping are the ones the company is sending to CA so camping trip is off.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife so glad to read that Steve's mother is doing well. I haven't been on since Wednesday. My back started up again. Bending over and sitting down or getting up are the worst. Yesterday I went to my daughter for a massage. She does such a good job, but it was intense and at times I had to do breathing exercises to get through the pain. She said my muscles are really knotted. She suggested I go to yoga to stretch but I can't see me doing that in the next week with all I have to do before surgery.
I called my regular doctor and my OS today to see if I could take Extra Strength Tylenol and also the muscle relaxers that my doctor had prescribed for my back. I called both so I would at least get one answer before the weekend. My regular doctor said I could take both. The OS's office called and said the Tylenol was okay and that they would have to wait until the OS comes back on Tuesday as they aren't familiar with the muscle relaxer. I immediately took the Tylenol and got in the jacuzzi. I did get some relief thank God. Since my regular doctor said neither would affect my surgery, I am going to take a muscle relaxer when I go to bed. Hopefully I'll see a change in the mornng. Now I feel better about my upcoming golf trip too, knowing that I can take Tylenol for my knee and back. I feel like I'm falling apart!! Anne
 
@Yorkimom Anne, glad you got your massage, hope it worked! It won't be long now, this month is flying by.
Hubby (Steve) was allowed the Tylenol before his 2nd knee, I don't know why they didn't suggest it for the first knee. It was better than nothing that time without his diclofenac before surgery. I think we are all falling apart! Have a good night!
 
Hello ... thought I would pop I a visit. Where do you all get your amazing emoticons? I echo @Minnie's knees - I scoot around the site and no matter which thread I pop on, there always seems to be a post from you. You are a very supportive lady - not only to Steve but to many, many others on the forum.

When I read what Steve did in PT the other day, I couldn't believe it. He is only about 2 weeks ahead of me and to even think of doing all that is ... well ... unthinkable for me. I am so glad he is doing so well. But why wouldn't he with your support?

I hope you are both having a good weekend (is it the weekend over there yet?). Keep up your inspiring support Jackie (I hope it's Jackie ... I have a memory like ... I can't remember what it is like, but it is terrible).

Best wishes and hugs to you and Steve ... Ellen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom