TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really good thing!!!
 
His mom had a mild heart attack last night and went in the hospital, but is doing better today.
I am horribly sorry to read of this--his Mom and the family will be in our prayers.

Hubby starts outpatient pt tomorrow. He is looking forward to it because "the sooner I start it the sooner I will be done with it"
I also enjoyed going to PT---it gave me a chance to get out of the house on a regular basis; it gave me a purpose--while improvement was not always readily apparent, it allowed me to gently work toward total recovery, and It allowed me to associate with PT's who understood my condition and my plight---their patience helped me---they could reign me in if I was working too hard.
 
@madinana Thank you for your prayers, his mom's name is Onolee.

@referee54 Thank you for your prayers too. There is power in prayers.
I usually go with him to PT (I have to drive anyway) so I'm his cheerleader, and I try to make sure he doesn't overdo it!

Everyone have a great night and get some sleep!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Good Morning everyone! Well hubby has PT today, and we watch the grandson this evening so I won't be on here much today. Hope everyone has a great day!
 
@madinana and everyone, the therapist was very impressed with Steve today, doesn't think he will need much PT. His therapist is Johnny the little therapist he had in the hospital, there is a photo of hubby and her in the hospital hallway on this thread somewhere. She couldn't get over how strong his legs are. Flex on both the old knee and new knee was 125 (down 2 for the old knee, but she wasn't worried about it) and the new knee is at 0 ext. and the old knee ext. is at 2 (I think it might have been at 0 or 1 last time) So the new knee has surpassed the old knee in every way today except pain and strength. Hope everyone has a good day!
 
Very good report. I haven't been measured for awhile. But I'm sure my extension is not where it needs to be. I keep working on it.
 
@jsm Jackie extension is usually the hardest to get! Even at 3 on his old knee the therapist wasn't worried because he is walking good!
 
Hello @tiredwife and Steve. Finally made it to your thread. Thanks so much for keeping tabs on my post and for your messages. I appreciate them very much. I see Steve is still receiving excellent care from you.

Steve's ROM is fantastic. I am sorry that it is tempered still with some pain though. I hope his mother is recovering quickly and you don't end up having to make the long drive to her, although I am sure you would do it in a heartbeat if it was necessary.

Remember to take care of yourself as well as Steve and I hope that soon his pain will be gone completely. What a happy day that will be for you.

Aussie Hugs ... Ellen
 
@tiredwife Good Morning. I never could get back on last night we had a terrible storm, thunder and lighting so needless to say wasn't getting on so went to bed super early and because of that was up at 3am. Hope you are sleeping right now and when you get up have a great day!!!
 
@NetballKnees Thank you! Hubby's pain is getting better, dipping to 2 occasionally now.
His mother is doing somewhat better, she gets fluid build up around her heart often and has to have it drained. They need to drain it now, but the are waiting a bit till she recovers a little more from the heart attack. I really don't want hubby to make the trip so early in his recovery, but we will if the need arises. His sister is staying in the hospital to be with their mom so she isn't alone.
His ROM with this knee is amazing! With his first knee he didn't make it to 120 until day 52!
You have a great day!
 
@madinana Good Morning, we are having your storm now. I slept pretty good, about 7 1/2 hours, hubby slept about 6, and he is napping now. He has PT again today and then Friday. After that it is Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. You have an critter free day today!
 
Good Morning everyone! Week 4 on new knee and week 14 on old knee today. Have PT again today, and have to watch grandson again this evening so won't get on here much more today.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Prayers for your hubby's mother and you and your family.
I can't believe how great your rom is. Mine is 110 and a 2. I am not really concerned with the numbers but like improvement and getting out of a MUA worry.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom