TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 8 weeks on my second TKR and 16 weeks on my first and I can barely go up the stairs normally. Going downstairs is not an option yet. :) I do focus on going down facing forward to get a full bend in the first TKR as opposed to going down sideways like I did before.

Steve is still early in his recovery. it is best not too push it. I hope his anxiety, and your asthma is easing.

Really like the new avatar. It is nice to put a face to the Tired Wife.
 
@71Beetle His first knee was such an easy recovery, by 10 weeks it was almost totally normal. This one is tougher, but still not a bad recovery. He doesn't push it to the point of raising his pain level much. He keeps it below a 5. Asthma isn't bothering me today because I haven't gone outside at all! Think I'm allergic to Missouri.
Thanks again about the avatar, we need to put a face with 71Beetle! Maybe you can put up a photo on your thread.
 
@tiredwife, I love the picture. It's so nice to see what you look like. I didn't picture you as a blonde. I pictured you with darker hair. I'm a blonde too. I've been thinking of changing my picture too so people can see what I look like.
Sorry to hear that you're asthma is acting up. My son has asthma and while growing up he had a couple of bad attacks and it is oh so scary. You mentioned all the rain, etc. affecting your asthma. Do you get allergy shots? I've had shots for years and they hel so much. I hope you and Steve has a restful night. Anne
 
@Yorkimom Hi, well I was blond til I turned grey, now I am a bottle blond. It is pretty much the color it was before it turned grey. Would love to see a photo of you!
I've been on allergy pills and advair for a long time now. Tried the allergy shots, but even after I got to maintenance dose I still swelled and just gave up. I am too allergic to pigweed and ragweed.
We actually got some sleep last night. Hope you have a great day!
 
Hubby has been spending most of today walking without his cane. He discovered that "salt and vinegar potato chip overrides the prune juice taste"
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
. His pain level got down to a mid 3 this afternoon, so maybe the Norco will work after all. His anxiety is getting better too. I got 2 loads of laundry done, so now we don't have to run around naked!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
Our neighbors will be glad of that!
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@Pumpkln Is it possible to get my thread name changed to "Thank You -hubby has had both knees done" ?
 
Tiredwife and Hubby,
You can also change it with thread tools, next to the watch thread button.
If that does not work a moderator will be along soon to change it for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom