Sorry Jackie, I wasn't getting notifications on your thread again :( I'm sorry your asthma is acting up. I can't imagine what that must feel like. Has to be scary. I never thought about panic attacks with a cpap mask. Yikes! I hope I never need one cause I know I would panic and feel like I couldn't breathe. I hate having anything on my face. I hope you both feel better soon!
@msmechanic58 The frustrating thing about this knee is that if he hadn't of overdid it in the hospital and had that pooled blood behind the knee cap, this would have even been an easier recovery than the first!
@madinana Thank you for the lovely angel! Have fun with your drain tile! There is so much I need to do to this house, but that will have to wait.
@gr82cu2 I think I only get half of my alerts, it is getting better though. Asthma is getting better, the worse thing is that I haven't had problems with it in about 15 years and then suddenly this year with all the rain and pollen did me in. Two of the best descriptions of asthma is 1 - an elephant sitting on your chest, and 2 - trying to breath through a drinking straw! It can be scary. Worse time ever was in the 1980's when by time I got to the hospital I had very little oxygen in my blood. Thought for sure I wasn't going to make it! Hubby has been on the cpap for a long time, but I believe it is a combination of the Percocet causes decreases in breathing and it also causes anxiety. Hopefully the Norco will do better.
Everyone, hubby decide to see if he could walk down stairs like a big boy. He made it but decided he wasn't ready for that yet! He has been getting around better today.
@tiredwife good morning That for me is the hardest walking down stairs like a big girl. I do it but not all the time I figure at least I get down them,
@madinana and @msmechanic58 Good morning you two! I have been trying to catch up on alerts all morning, I always start at the oldest and work my way forward in time. He won't be doing it again for awhile, but he was proud of himself!
Laurie you need to make yourself do them like a big girl before you get knee #2 or you may have problems. It is hard to switch the thinking over from babying a leg to letting it be the strong leg. Hubby took awhile to figure out which way to use the crutches and cane because he had been use to using them for knee #1. Try to get yourself in the mind set of the new knee being the strong knee.
@tiredwife I certainly know about anxiety/panic attacks. They are awful. I hope the doc can help with that quickly. I hope you get some needed rest too, although it sounds like you have a busy day.
~~hopefaith
@hopefaith The anxiety is easing up now he is on Norco instead of Percocet. Problem is the Norco doesn't help the pain as well as the Percocet. We are having a lazy day today, I haven't even done the breakfast dishes yet!
Going down the stairs like a big girl is hard!
@gr82cu2 Stairs can be scary, I even have trouble on them and I haven't had TKR. My knee sometimes gives out on me. I agree about being a cop, never knowing when someone was going to pull a weapon on you! Plus they are getting a lot of bad publicity in the media lately.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.