TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife Good morning from
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
I did not have a good night I have been up since 1am having morning coffee with hubby and gonna try to lay back down after I do some icing Its my thigh and knee and my calf at the moment feels okay. I have no plans for today so I think I will be icing and elevating. I kinda laughed when I woke up was dreaming about bonesmart :rotfl: So wanted to say hi and will check in later after a nap and some ice and elevating I broke down and took a pain pill so hope it helps, still hurts to sit on my hind end which proves to be interesting :rofsign:
 
@madinana The first 4 1/2 hours I slept good. Hubby decided he was going to sleep in the recliner, but about 4:30 he crawled into bed. I went down and got his cpap. Then he was up and down the rest of the night. I am going to put clean sheets on the guest bed and sleep in there. I need a good nights sleep or I will be sick again! I'm starting to feel exhausted. I'm not one that is able to nap throughout the day much. I took a short nap yesterday because I am so tired. Bless his heart I know he hates keeping me awake, but he is having a hard time getting comfortable.
 
Good morning all! Hubby decided to mow this morning before it got too hot. Then we went and picked up his pain pills, and stopped by and got a few groceries. He didn't make it the whole store, had to sit down. That was too much for one day so now he is elevating and icing. We have our grandson this evening, so don't know how much I will be on here today! Every one have a good day!
 
I like you did not want to keep my husband up while I tossed and turned. I am still sleeping in guest room after 6 weeks today. But I have slept fairly well the last few nights and doesn't even hurt when I roll from side to side. I think I'm turning another corner and might go back to my bed. It's more comfortable. Hope your husband finds some peace soon.
 
@jsm Hi Jackie, Glad you have turned another corner. Hubby slept for about 4 hours in the recliner last night before coming to bed. He says for some reason when he comes to bed he just lays there and worries that he can't sleep so he tosses and turns. I will go in the guest room tonight so at least I can get some sleep. I don't nap that well so I am getting very tired, he can at least nap during the day.
 
@tiredwife. Jackie
@madinana Laurie
@jsm. Jackie

I have been sleeping in the guest bedroom since coming home from hospital & rehab.

That way, I didn't have to worry that my tossing and turning , waking up to take pain meds or re-ice the knee.
Then my husband and I were able to get a good night's sleep.

At least, I can rest & nap during the day. But, he has to go to work.

It won't be for much longer, but it is working well for us both at the moment.

Cathie
 
@marmora Cathie, we didn't do it with the 1st knee, he mainly slept in our bed with me, but for some reason with this knee he is more restless. So I am washing the sheets off the guest bed from our company this weekend and will try sleeping in there a night or two just to get rested.
 
@tiredwife starting to feel a little bit better I was having a bad pain day was not hungry and got feeling yucky and knock me for a loop, ya think I just had my surgery..Since I had been up since early morning I finally got half hour nap. At least the pain is manageable now, where can take tyneol if need be. I massage it myself to get loosen up, So anyway I saw you have to babysit but after that I hope you get a good night sleep. I got all my paperwork for up coming surgery, makes it feel real now with my second knee,
 
Just saw hubby walking up the stairs like a big boy, he says oh yeah, been doing that off and on for a few days now! :umm:
 
@madinana glad you are feeling somewhat better! Yes, the paperwork makes it more real! You need to just rest your muscles and knee the next couple of days and get it back under control! It needs to be in good shape when you get #2 done.
 
Well, grandson will be here soon, so just incase I don't get back on here - Sleep tight everyone!!!
 
Good Morning bonesmart world! I slept in the guest bedroom last night and finally got some sleep! Hubby ended up spending the night in his recliner! He says he got some sleep and is right now sleeping again.
 
@tiredwife :yahoo:for getting a good night sleep. Is steve able to elevate while in the recliner. I sure wish his thigh would settle down so he can get some good sleep but its a hard lesson for us all one day at a time, I keep telling mr calf he is free to leave but he says :gaah:and :no-fin: I don't want to go yet but I say go :hissy: Oh good morning Jackie :hi:
 
@madinana Good Morning! He uses pillows on the recliner to elevate his legs. He is getting a little better every day.
We need to find a plan to get rid of Super Calf!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom