TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@marmora He was just happy to be out of the house, still hasn't go much of an appetite (me on the other hand ate all of mine:snork:). I like being the one taking the photos. There is a photo of me somewhere on my thread. Right now I have 'moon' face because I've been on steroids for my asthma for 3 weeks. Only have two more to take.
You have a great evening too!
 
I couldn't/can't see any of my stitches either. In a few places where all the glue is gone and there are no scabs the incision looks really fine/narrow/good. I told my OS my leg modeling career was in his hands so I think he tried extra hard, LOL. My PT said once all the scabs are off she will start massaging my scar and teach me how to do it.

Moon face! Ugh, I hate prednisone because of that.
 
@gr82cu2 Hubby didn't have any glue. On knee one PT taught me how to massage hubby's scar, simple. We all need to post a then and now scar photos 6 months out.
I really hate prednisone too, but it's better than not breathing.
Have a good night!
 
@tiredwife you are always making me smile with my elephant pictures well I think you are an angel to taking such good care of your hubby and helping so many people on the forum We are all blessed with all the help you have given us so this is for you
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
Our Angel "Jackie"
 
@DianeJ
My PT uses Bio-oil to massage my scar.
And I have now bought some as she suggested and am using it once or twice a day at home,

Cathie
 
@DianeJ
Great that you found it on-line, I have also used it for scars after other surgeries and it seem to improve them . Also about once or twice a week I also apply a very light coat to my face and neck before going to bed, as it is also said to improve or decrease wrinkles.

In a Ireland, it is available in most pharmacies and some larger department stores and larger supermarkets.

I remember now that when I was on the pre-op BS site, there was also discussion about oils and scar massage and some of those from the US recommended another product- can't remember the name, that they said plastic surgeons recommended, if I remember correctly it was over $100.00- $125.00 a tube/ bottle and much too expensive for me.

My mini skirt days are over & with the Irish summer rarely water shorts, mainly Capri length slacks, so my knee won't be on show too often.

Cathie
 
@DianeJ and @marmora I used vitamin E oil on hubby's, but have heard a lot of good things about bio-oil. Started it after it closed all the way and wasn't sore to touch it.

@madinana Thank you for my angel, I have angels in my bathroom that people gave me. I might have to enlarge that one, frame it and add it to my collection. Don't ask me how they ended up in my bathroom, I don't really know but the few times I can soak in a tub I like looking at them it relaxes me. Maybe I will move them all to my bedroom when I get it done!
 
@marmora and @gr82cu2 and @tiredwife Thanks to all for the information! I wonder if the pricey stuff was Mederma? My pt told me about that, but said Mederma is a prescription, and I would rather have something over the counter! There is a Walgreens and a Walmart about 25 miles from me, but since I live way out in the country, I've just gotten used to ordering stuff online that I need rather than trying to chase it down! Much easier for me. :)
Cathie, your cooler summers sound nice! We are having a good old midwestern heat wave - upper 90's Fahrenheit day after day. Whew.

Diane
 
@tiredwife I haven't been on much lately and just caught up on your thread. Poor Steve has had a time of it. His knee looks great and am glad he was feeling up to going out. That always does you good.
 
@Yorkimom Thank you for your concern, he is doing better. Even cooked himself something to eat tonight while I watched the grandson.
 
@tiredwife. Pretty scar and what a happy hubby!! Those small moments of normalcy were so good for mental health!!

I am feeling good - had PT and ROM is 122/0. I have some stiffness still and know in my heart that as that keeps easing, I'll continue to pick up more flexion!! Also happy for a few more degrees in a week that has been busy and I've had some swelling.

School starts in a week and I have a classroom to get organized!!



Ollie. LTKR June 10, 2014
 
@tiredwife
Jackie I'm so glad hubby is feeling better. Hope you both have a good night. To you from another Jackie.
 
@Ollie This scar is amazing! OS is so good at sewing! It is better than the first one. 122/0 is great! You will continue to get even better. From all I have read the stiffness does stay around for awhile, and so does the swelling. Have a great day!

@jsm Hi Jackie! We slept pretty good! Hope you are doing great?! Have a great day!

Good Morning everyone! Well, hubby's pain got down to a 3 for several hours already today! Every day it gets a little better. He thinks he will be able to switch to the cane in a few days. He walks around a tiny bit without the crutches or cane. After PT today we need to go to Tricare on base and get everything set up for his outpatient pt.
Half of the pressure behind the knee cap is gone! I think he is on the mend! Everyone have a great day!
 
@tiredwife Wonderful news about about pain level being down and half the pressure gone :yes!: I said extra prayers maybe it help a little he is amazing :bow: and good luck on getting the :old: Have a great day!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom