TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife yes I noticed no elephant but did not say anything as with Steve not being up to par and you babysitting I keep quiet :snork: I am so sorry Steve is swollen and in pain. I also wonder about os office they have uncomfortable chairs and no foot rests He is having such a hard time makes me wonder if I am being to gutsy to schedule second one so soon, I will :prayer:really hard that he will get relief real soon like now!!!!!!

When I went, I rearranged the chairs in order to prop my legs up. Lol. People looked at me funny but I did what I needed to do.
 
@tiredwife am so happy for Steve way to go!!!!! :yes!: He is doing great for having swelling Soon his knee cap will feel much better I just hope you are not wearing yourself out especially babysitting three days in a row :flwrysmile:
 
@gr82cu2 Janet it is great, his therapist is so encouraging and so pleased with him.

@msmechanic58 I offered to pull one of the chairs over for him, but he wouldn't let me.

@madinana Today is the first day I haven't had to drive anywhere! I refused too, the OS said that the script for his outpatient PT is waiting at his office, but I'm not getting it until tomorrow. Jacob was good last night, we watched cartoons on Netflix and played cars last night. Nothing to strenuous! I am going to take a nap before he gets here today (I think).
 
@tiredwife for a change I did not have to go anywhere either I could have gone to get some of my meds , my usual ones but I just wanted to rest I did rest omg I took a 2 hour nap and ms elephant is hiding at this time I hope you have a easy night it is raining terrible here off to do something gonna fix hubby supper, The only thing I did today was mop the kitchen floor, lazy bones I was!!!!!
 
@madinana We all need down days! I never did get my nap today, it is hard for me to nap, hope Jacob is on his best behavior tonight! At least I didn't do too much, dishes, vacuumed, and mopped the kitchen and dinning rooms. Maybe I can still get a short nap!
 
Hi Jackie
@tiredwife
The difference in Steve 's knees is very good and a Flexion of 107% is great !
He has been very lucky to have had you there 24/7 for his recovery, it has probably made all the difference.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@tiredwife ms elephant has arrived with her friend pain and I would have like to tell them where they could go so instead took pain pills and reg meds and going to bed after I ice and elevate a bit Hope you had a good night. Thinking of you!!!!!
 
@tiredwife good morning Jackie and Steve I hope you both had a good night. I hope Steve knee is feeling a little bit better. I have some errands have to run. Ms elephant is sleeping right now. I did wake up at 3 am with an intense achey knee so popped a pill. Feel good at the moment, today is another day. So ms elephant I hope stay asleep most of the day :heehee:
 
@madinana Hope Ms. Elephant Leg is sleeping all day! We got some sleep last night. Got to run pick up a script for PT and nurse is coming, so will be back on later. Have a Great Day!
 
Hi everyone, Hubby was feeling better today and insisted on going out to eat lunch. They are fast, so we didn't have to wait long. Now he is elevating and icing.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@Lauramacky It is one of the few places in this town to get a meal. We don't do McDonald's etc. unless we have company that wants it. We prefer real restaurants. They get the food to you really fast, so he really didn't have his leg down that long, came home and immediately iced and elevated it. With his lack of appetite he has enough left for his dinner too. I'll just have to cook for me and our grandson. So how are you doing today?
 
I haven't been to a McDonalds in probably 20 years and I don't plan on starting now LOL. Hubby and I are more health conscious and prefer food with ingredients we can pronounce hahahah. We will probably go somewhere to have a nice grilled shrimp salad or something like that. I'm doing good today, thanks for asking ! It felt good to sleep on my side last night. I can't believe I did because last time it took me months to lay on my side. Every day I notice things that are so much better than the last time. I can't wait to rehab this knee!
 
He is such a fast healer! My scar is 8 days older than his and I still have scabs on it. Sheesh! Happy for him though and that he felt up to getting out a little today.
 
@Lauramacky We prefer real food to, probably don't go for as healthy of food as you do. With this knee hubby was laying on his side the first night home from the hospital, only way he could get comfortable. 1st knee it took longer because he was more worried about hurting it. Glad you are having a good day!

@gr82cu2 Hi! His OS does this weird way of sewing so you can only see two stiches, the rest are under the skin. Doesn't have scabs because the edges of the skin are drawn up tight to each other, no room to scab! First knee he didn't sew as tight so it is wider. I think the reason the blood pooled this time is because it couldn't make it's way out of such a tightly sewn incision! He had very little blood on the steri strips this time. This scar really does look amazing! Another odd thing is one scar starts higher on the thigh, but the other goes further below the knee! Don't know why the difference. You have a great day!
 
@tiredwife
Steve looks very happy with his Mexican meal - would liked to have seen a picture of you & Steve together.
Have a good afternoon and evening.
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom