Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
The conversations on these threads is hilarious. The worse time for me was after a colonoscopy getting into an elevator. OMG I was mortified. As I was feeling so good from the sedatives it didn't bother me too much! I loved the elephant you left for Madinana. Take care!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Jozilla Yes, the threads do tend to take on a life of their own! :snork: Madinana's leg is nicknamed MS. Elephant Leg because her whole leg swells when she over does it (which is often).
 
Well, got the grocery shopping done. Guess we won't starve now! This time around I am not so worried about leaving him alone, he goes to bed so I don't have to worry about him doing the stairs while I'm gone. He takes a nap or messes with his tablet. Last time I made sure I had someone to sit with him before I would go anywhere.
Earlier he decided to do a few bends on the stairs, so now pain is at a 5. He is always overdoing it.
 
Ah, when will they ever learn? Probably never, but then they pay. However, he's doing really, really well---but then, of course, he has you.
 
@bottomshollow He will never learn. He did some flexing on the stairs this morning and is paying for it. He is in bed icing and elevating and drugged up.
 
@madinana of course you wouldn't over do it a little bit! You over do it A LOT!:rotfl: How is Ms. Elephant Leg doing now that you iced and elevated it some? His swelling is odd it is an area from the top of the knee to about 5 or 6 inches above the knee swollen into a dome. No matter how much he elevates it stays there. Good thing he sees his OS Tuesday! Wonder if he needs fluid drained off it. I think he really irritated the muscle tissue while in the hospital.
 
@tiredwife I have been the most drug filled since I have had my surgery, I am cold enough icing for now and elevating My elephant leg (ms) is still here and thriving :snork: Oh boy hope its not fluid I think I read somewhere that can be painful on somebody thread. I am not sure if you want steve to know that for :yikes: but I do hope it will clear up what ever it is I go see my os and :praying: give me okay for second surgery say a :angel: and I will keep my :fingersx: What did he do in hospital to his muscle, late therapy before he came home? :idea:- we both get good news on Tuesday :yahoo:
 
@madinana He found out he could lift that leg in the hospital and lifted it too much, plus 2 PT sessions, plus practice stairs, plus walking the hall, plus shower all the day before coming home, he used the muscle way too much. Been paying for it every since. He did get to a low 4 almost 3 today. Hope it is a sign of things to come. Sorry I wasn't on here to help change your signature! You have a good nights sleep!
 
I would be surprised if they would go in with a needle and drain fluid. It seems to me like it would be too big of an infection risk. My thigh on the outside, upper part where it was very badly bruised is still swollen and hard as a rock. Maybe his is just swelling and inflammation from the tourniquet too. It sure will be nice once all these pesky things subside.
 
That's good! Hopefully he has learned his lesson. Kent won't let me do a thing, not even help with dishes. I told him tonight I'm going to have to get back in the kitchen soon or we're going to starve. We've gone through almost everything I had frozen ahead of time.
 
@gr82cu2 I would take more than that to get him to not overdo it. It is in his nature to push himself. He came in holding the crutches out to the side walking without them, 4 pain turned into a 5 pain, but he was proud of himself!
Send your hubby out for takeout! I think short little stints in the kitchen would be fine. If the pain rises stop, and make sure you ice and elevate afterwards. You have a great night!

Good night every one! I am going to eat a piece of Pepperidge farm red velvet cake, watch a little tv then go to bed.
 
Send your hubby out for takeout!
Oh, you made me remember something! Have you ever had the Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad from Bob Evans? OMG, it is to die for! I think I might need one tomorrow. Not sure what Kent would get to go though.
 
Hi Jackie ... just dropping by to see how Steve (and you) are today. How was hour red velvet cake? It sounded delicious. I only have 3 sleeps left now. It is very late here (11.00pm), so am starting to nod off. Because I work all day, sometimes I like to stay up to do "me" things, otherwise it is just working, home and sleeping.
I really hope Steve has found the magical 3 level of pain (or less would be even better). I also hope you are sleeping well and making sure you stay healthy.
Take Care ... Ellen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom