Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jozilla Thank you! He has a great OS, a very caring man!! He knew his office would be closed by time I could get there so he dropped by the ER and left it there for me. Luckily the pharmacy stays open until 6:30. He hasn't taken it yet because he took his Percocet at 5:30 so he will take it at 9:30. I will let you know how he does in the morning.
 
Everyone, it's my bed time, been a busy long day.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Good Morning everyone! Last night went pretty good, his pain level didn't get below a 4, but it didn't get above a 5 either. Nice not to wake up every 4 hours for him to take meds. He is still in bed. Said it took care of most of the pain except for that tight band feeling, which with this knee, is more painful than the first knee. We have a storm moving in so I woke up with a slight headache, probably have to take something for it in a little bit. Hope everyone has a great day! Make that a great pain free day!!!!!
 
Hello Jackie (is it?) and Steve ... it is lovely to read your detailed accounts of how Steve is going. Your thread would be a big help to new TKR-ers. I hope your kitties are all healthy soon. The area you live in sounds a great place. Because I am renting now I am in an area where nobody knows anybody else, except we do wave to each other as we drive in and out of driveways or put bins out, but we don't know names or anything. Bit sad really.
Only 4 more sleeps to my next TKR. Getting nervous now. I hope you and Steve can get his pain levels right down very soon and then hopefully more sleep will be a result. Take Care - both of you. Aussie Hugs ... Ellen
 
@NetballKnees Ellen, yes it is Jackie. Wish I had started the thread from the beginning of the first knee to compare. The parasites are gone, but I have a different med to give Emily kitty because her bowels are still irritated. We live in a town next to a military base so a big chunk of our neighbors are retired military. We do have a few other types thrown in for variety. :heehee: We get along good with them all. I am hoping to get hubby's pain down to a 3 today.
Your time is coming soon, being nervous is normal, hubby wouldn't have been as nervous on his second, but he watched a video of the surgery, big mistake! He is getting bored and can't wait to get back to work. He misses the guys he works with, even though some do stop by, just not the same. You take care and have a great day!
 
Got hubby in bed, gave him a Percocet for his break though pain, and made him some cheese and bacon filled croissants, he is watching Saturday morning cartoons, and all is right with the world!
 
@tiredwife thank you. I do care for my hubby but more on an emotional level. He's healthy as a horse thank goodness.

And wow 21! That's incredible. When I recover we are going to get a new furry family member. Hope your hubby got good rest. I'm catching up on tv shows I never watch.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy Saturday evening everyone. Thank you so much for all the kind and helpful advice on recovering a TKR. I was really so upset after the PT got "done" with me; I thought I'd made a HUGE mistake. You are all so helpful and caring.....THANK YOU.
Today I took it easy and rested, iced and elevated. Feeling much better. I'm just going to have to learn to be patient with myself, a big lesson for me. Hope I'm posting this correctly---if not, please help me out.
 
@Lauramacky Yep he was an old geezer, named Charles Emerson Winchester after the character on MASH. We called him Chester, a friend always called him Chester the molester, he ruled us all.
 
@ralfski you are posting fine. Glad you are feeling better. Some therapist just haven't got a clue on how to handle TKR recoveries. You might want to go to the very top of the page were it has your name and click on that to add the date of your surgery, it helps us answer any questions you may have better. You can make any changes there too. It will be in a grey box at the top. hit personal details and signature, and type your surgery date in there.
 
Mine tried to tell me I would never get more ROM unless I kept stretching and that he would be glad to keep stretching me. Ha! Since my visits were unlimited I think he would have kept me in pt forever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom