Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just wondering - what's up with thigh pain? It's kicking me too and it's not something I was expecting. It's top of my thigh and down the outside of the leg right down to the joint line. Muscles solid as a rock and hot. The bit I don't get - sitting makes it worse (not whilst sitting but when I stand up omg the pain is like FIRE). Is this the kind of pain Steve is getting? What the heck has caused this and what relives it??

Rest!!!! My thighs were both like that. It was like a sprain with constant pain. The only thing that settled it was rest and finally a kneehab sleeve which gave electrical stimulation. Have you tried a muscle relaxer?
 
@tiredwife ... thought I would look in see how Steve was going. I know he is in pain, but he has a big plus - YOU. Please remember if you can, that you too need to rest in order to provide him with the best care. Looking after Steve and the grandson will take a lot out of you. Could one of your children come in every 2nd or third day to relieve you to go shopping, run errands, or just lie down with Steve and get some sleep yourself?

I was lucky and did not get leg jerks (I am laughing out loud here :rotfl: because I had a typo and originally put 'jerky'). I am hoping they don't appear this time around.

Take Care tiredwife, keep giving Steve the star treatment you are giving him, but also remember to look after yourself. I also sincerely hope that Steve can improve from this point forward and that darn pain level can drop and stop dropped. Hugs ... Ellen
 
@tiredwife A sunny Good Morning I hope you and Steve got a good night sleep with all that @marmora gave you to share with you hopeful that you :fingersx: use them.I hope Steve pain is under control, I certainly hope its not blood clot if a nurse said that to me I would :yikes: out. Tell Steve he got to get feeling better or I will have to drink all the borban :) :beer: :giggle: but if he hurrays I will :cheers: :rofsign:
 
@madinana Good Morning. Hope your doctor can fit you in, I would do it before the insurance changes. I actually got sleep between meds last night. If I don't do laundry to (which I should have done yesterday) we will be running around naked. You have a great day.

@Yorkimom I do what I have to, same as anyone else does for a loved one. We had a pretty good night, he wasn't tossing and turning as much.

@Ollie I was so tired, I don't even think I dreamed! Can't remember any!

@msmechanic58 I try to get him to rest, but he thinks he needs to do the knee press exercise and flex exercises. He can be mule headed like me sometimes. He has taken flexeril but could see any difference.

@NetballKnees Don't worry if I get too tired my body makes me sleep. At least now he can get up and down from the bed and chairs by himself and doesn't need me to follow him up and down the stairs anymore. It isn't just the legs that jerk it is the whole body. You are lucky because a lot of people get them. My daughter is a RN that works 12 hours shifts, so I only get Jacob (grandson) 2 or 3 days a week for the times her and her husband both work, usually from 5:30 pm to about 11:15pm. Starting in September she has a friend that is going to watch him that live in the same town as they do (we live one town over) so I can start back on doing renovations to our house, its been put off for 3 1/2 years while I baby set. We want to sell in 2 years or so, so I need to get it done. I have a neighbor that will sit with him if need be, but he is getting around really good now, so I can leave him for short times to run errands. I just get him situated in bed, and the bathroom is right there. I'm not as worried about leaving him alone for short periods of time now as I was with the first knee. We did not really know what to expect with that one.

To Everyone, GOOD MORNING! Hope you had a great night and sleep, and have a great day!
 
@madinana He says you can come drink his bourbon, we can always get more! It's not a clot or the swelling would not go down as easily when he elevated and it would be a lot more painful, just pain and swelling in areas he didn't have with the first knee. Well, I have chore awaiting me that I was too tired to do yesterday - You have a great day.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
@tiredwife, see you're finding out that no two knees are alike, don't react the same to the same surgery, and don't recovery alike. So try not to compare one of hubby's knees to the other---just frustrating if you do. At some point, several months away, they'll sort it out and be pretty much alike with minor differences.

Happy for you that things are settling and that you can give yourself short breaks from caretaking now. I am a full time caretaker for a semi-invalid hubby---so I know about being a tired wife myself.

Take care (know I don't need to tell you to keep posting :heehee:), we care.
 
@gr82cu2 Good morning Janet! Today is going better, got sleep last night (even with waking every 4 hours for hubby's meds because he will sleep right through an alarm) and hubby's pain is down to a low 4 now. It is amazing how long it takes to get it under control once it spikes.

@bottomshollow We are only frustrated because until he overdid it, the new knee was doing even better than the first knee! It is slowly getting back under control. PT should call today to set up a schedule, so I might have her wait until tomorrow to give us the rest of today to try to get the rest of the swelling and pain under control. Yep, no problem with me not posting:heehee:. This is my relaxation for the day!
 
I have PT at 3 this afternoon. Kent started some laundry and said he was going to go for a grocery run at Walmart. I'm going to try and sneak in a nap while he's gone and before PT. Have a good afternoon.
 
@gr82cu2 Oh well, it probably needed a complete change and cleaning anyway! Usually I wait until it is a lot lower. Glad Mini seems okay! Steve's PT is coming today, probably just do the initial evaluation on him. I just got back from a quick grocery run myself, I usually pop hubby in bed before I go anywhere and he isn't allowed to do the stairs unless I am home. He was ready for a nap anyway. Don't overdo it at PT! Check on you later.
 
@tiredwife I don't really like bourbon I was hoping it would make him chuckle but it ended up being me :rofsign:boy pt really worked me today, as punishment i think for telling him Monday is my last day as go to os on Tuesday he made me schedule a appointment for Thursday after but not sure what to do, sent you message for my @tiredwife wife tips
 
@madinana Yes you made him chuckle! I answered your message already, hope it helps. PT will be here any minute, it's the same one as last time, we really like her. Hope she goes easy today as we are just now getting his pain down to a 4.
 
Well PT just left, old new knee is 0 and 128. New new knee is 6 and 82. She seemed very pleased, said he was doing really good, especially considering all his swelling in his thigh. She had him do just a few things. Spiked his pain a little but it is easing up. She will be back Friday.
 
That's great his rom went back up on old new knee. And I'm glad you got the PT you liked again. I'm going to request the same one I have now for my 2nd rehab. I'm liking her more and more.
 
@gr82cu2 his old new knee was 1 and 122 last time it was measured. His thigh and new knee were pretty swollen so PT was pleased he got what he did on the new knee. It really helps to find a good PT. We would have stuck with her through the whole thing but she only does home visits. We liked our out patient PT too though. He is really laid back and doesn't push.
Oh, hubby couldn't be out done, so he got in and out of the tub by his self this afternoon. It was a struggle but he did it. Of course he had the experience of the first knee to help! Hope you have a great evening and sleep good!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom