Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife, so glad to hear you got him home and he's resting. Aren't pharmacies aggravating? Did they even bother to call around to see if anyone else had it? If they had called you at least you could have done that yourself. Glad they had enough on hand to get you through the next couple of days.
 
@gr82cu2 They offered to call around and I told them to go ahead and I was NEVER going to use them again! Suddenly they magically had enough until their shipment comes in Monday. If I get there Monday and it isn't in heads are going to roll! The hospital and pharmacy are in a different town than the one we live in and that just makes it worse.
 
I know he isn't elevated, but he just spent 5 hours in bed with it elevated and iced. He is relaxing listening to music. He loves music.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
@marmora thank you!
 
Well, got him back to bed, elevating and icing. His comment today was, ah, I remember this pain now! Still haven't quite got the pain controlled yet, but it is getting better.
We have a friend coming tomorrow, truck driver passing through, don't know how long he will stay. Hope he doesn't wear hubby out too much.
Have to give him his lovenox injection at 9 pm. They had me show them I knew how to do it this morning at the hospital. Nurse was like, wow your a pro! The ones they gave him bruised, I got to the point that the ones I gave him with the last knee barely bruised.
If I don't get back on here tonight Everyone have a great night with lots of pleasant dreams.
 
I am so glad you got home safe and sound I had trouble getting on all day. Get some rest @tiredwife you are such a awesome wife taking good care of steve :angel: You are such an angel Hope he get his pain under control I iced and elevated got my elephant leg down for the moment
 
Good Morning everyone! First part of the night went ok, just waking at alarm for meds, but after he got up to go potty he couldn't get comfortable again. Finally he got up at 5:30, make that WE got up at 5:30. Bless his heart he hates being so dependent on anyone!

I have to go pick up a trucker friend of ours passing through, he parks his truck in a little truck plaza just outside of town. I hope he doesn't exhaust hubby too much today. Don't know how long he is staying, so I might not get a chance to get back on here today. Everyone have a great day, don't overdo it, and get some rest!
 
Okay, finally getting his pain level back down. Was a 5 and 6 most of yesterday and the night before and last night. Down to a 4 now and just took pain meds so it is slowly getting better. It is so hard to get it under control once it jumps up there. I'm not letting him do much until we get it down to at least a 3.
 
Steve is in great hands! I am certainly not looking forward to the first couple weeks of recovery. I have my pre op Tuesday and hopefully I will be cleared. I always have some kind of blood work issues. I was so anemic after last surgery I would like to prevent that.

Tell hubby to take it easy with the leg lifts. That took me a couple weeks with my first tkr so I understand why he is excited!

Have a great day!
 
I'm glad his pain level is back under control. You may have to hint at his friend that the visit will need to be on the short side. Don't want that pain shooting back up from lack of rest. Have a great day Jackie.
 
@tiredwife you do such a good job for him I am sure he hates having to depend on someone, my hubby same way but I am sure he is so thankful to have a wonderful wife like you!!!!! Your the best. I woke up at 730 am feeling great leg felt awesome so did not take any pain pills, walk the steps normal, hubby made me breakfast then bam my leg started aching muscles tighten up :yikes: and now I have to take :chillpill: and you guess it :ice: and :elevate: my goodness I am getting low on tramadol not sure if they will give me another script as this is second one and they only give you enough to last a 10 day supply How long Steve was on pain pills for first one? Tell him said hello and hoping he has a good day. I have to help hubby before I ece and stuff :eeeuw:
 
@Jozilla Believe me, no more leg lifts. To much swelling. Pain was getting under control but then he had three of those narcotic jerks as he was drifting off and wham pain spike. He is in bed drugged, iced and elevating. Hope everything goes good on your pre op . Keep us posted.

@gr82cu2 It is a friend we don't get to see much, truck driver and happened to have a load passing through. He is spending the night and part of tomorrow with us. He will stay with hubby tomorrow while I try to get the rest of hubby's meds from the stupid pharmacy. Steve did have his leg down too long (not elevated high enough), so the thigh is swollen. He was icing it all day today though. I have the wedge pillows under the mattress so he will be elevated all night. You have a great night.

@madinana I think it was 3 or 4 weeks for the first one, then an pill once in awhile after PT. Later it was Tylenol after PT or if he did too much. I have a feeling this one might have him on meds longer. It started out great, but the overdoing it in the hospital has caused a swelling, pain, stiffness setback that may take awhile to get control of. The pain was going down (until the jerking), but the swelling has really mess up his ROM. Don't know when PT starts, but I will see if she can do massage or something for the swelling. Hopefully elevating all night will help with that. He says Hi back. He has enjoyed our company, but not the best time for it.


Everyone, sorry I can't make it to anyone else's threads today and probably not tomorrow, along with hubby being fresh from the hospital we have a friend staying with us overnight and part of tomorrow. Yes, not a good time but we seldom get to see him. You are all in my thoughts. Hope you all had a great day, and have a restful night.
 
Good Morning everyone. Some of the swelling is out of his thigh this morning, his pain is at a five still because of the narcotic jerks he had last night. After company leaves today I will get him back in bed and concentrate on getting all the swelling out. Company will stay with him while I run a few errands today. So I won't have to find a sitter. :rotfl: I never leave him any length of time until he is more stable on his feet. Oh, good news, the prune juice is working good!:sick: Everyone have a great day!
 
I've been having those jerks too. They are so annoying. Mine haven't all been in my legs though. Mostly in my abdominal muscles. They hit just when I'm about to drift off to sleep and wake me up. Grrrr! Glad his swelling is down some today. I hope the pharmacy has his meds ready when you get there.
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, sometimes it's his whole body that jerks! The ones last night really did a number on his knee, he pain today has stayed in the high 4 to high 5 range. Part of the problem to is swelling in the thigh. His thigh muscle has a huge knot in it, I need to work on it, but I think it is a little early to start massaging it. Our friend just left, so now he can spend more time in bed elevating it and trying to get the pain down. I thought I didn't have the grandson until tomorrow but I will have him this evening instead! I am so tired, I will sleep most of tomorrow away. Grandson will spend the evening with netflix and warmed up pizza! Sorry again about Tucker!
Give Mini a chin scratch for me.
 
Everyone, sorry won't be able to get on any one else's threads today. I promise I will try to catch up tomorrow. Our company just left, and the grandson will be here shortly.
 
:chillpill:@tiredwife - you are the one who needs time to rest & chill & rest some more.
Worried about you overdoing it, you need to also look after yourself and find some space for you ,
Please take care and don't worry about responding other threads - we all know that you are there in the background.

Keeping warm thoughts for you in my heart,
Cathie :loveshwr:
 
@tiredwife I HATED the jerking!! Only had a couple that made me yelp; the rest were pretty minor. But dang it, anyway! It isn't enough that the surgery causes pain, but then some phantom electric ghosties poke you and. . . AARRGGHH!!

So Sorry they spiked the pain for Hubby; maybe a snuggle kitty in his lap would soothe him? :-)

Not sure what music is his favorite, but I really liked listening to Jazz that first week (can we all be honest and call it Hell Week?). Diana Krall is a big favorite, and Ella Fitzgerald.

Hope the visit was good therapy as was a grandson visit. . . And the meds were available? I didn't hear anything in the news about any pharmacy actions in the MidWest. . . :-) My best to you both!!


Ollie. LTKR June 10, 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom