TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife :wow: how awesome is that next thing ya know he will be :yahoo: hope they get his meds straighten out and get a good night sleep and you too and :kittymilk:too :meow:
 
Glad your husband had another successful surgery. Best wishes for a quick recovery!
 
@madinana @Jozilla @ljrfrm Thank you all! I am home, left hubby feed, medicated and sleepy! Told the nurses they were on their own and they better take care of him. I ate a little dinner and am going to prowl around here for a little while, then take a shower and get some much needed rest. I am not going to set an alarm, just wake up when I wake up. The below photo of hubby walking was this morning after I got back. This is what I came back to find him doing, His therapist is a tiny bit of nothing, but strong as an ox.

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife, he is doing fantastic. I hope they get his meds straightened out so he's comfortable. Enjoy your own bed tonight!:alarm:
 
@Yorkimom Thank you! He is doing good. Most of the time (except PT) his pain has only hit a 3 or 4 (if they are a little late with his meds or if he forgets to push the button on the block), It has just been PT that causes the spikes, and usually the spikes start dropping after PT. She has been good about working both knees, don't want the old new knee to loose ROM while working on the new new knee! For some reason they used an over abundance of cotton under the ace bandages on his leg, it was all the way to the toes! No one there had seen so much, we think someone got carried away a bit! His therapist got fed up with it and took off the lower ace bandage and took off over half of the cotton on and around his foot, then rewrapped it. His second trip down the hall was a bit easier after that. I will enjoy my own bed tonight. You have a good night too!
 
WooHoo!! The Hub looks great; happy and moving forward!!! Be sure you tell him that he IS my hero and I am so glad that all went well. Take care of you, too; have a treat and share with the kitties!! That's what Kim did after I started perking up. She got ice cream. . and got mugged by the cats!!


Ollie. LTKR June 10, 2014
 
@Ollie Hi, How are you doing? I will tell hubby you said he is your hero, but he will probably crack some joke about it! He likes the block for helping with the pain, but it is such a pain to have to deal with it when he is out of bed. Plus he can't put regular clothes on until it is out. The bulky wrapping comes off tomorrow, he will be glad to loose that too. His old new knee is a little swollen tonight from being the strong leg, so I need to make sure they get him some ice for it tomorrow. You have a great night!
 
@tiredwife Oh, I am good! I had a good PT session today; I worked hard and it felt good. I also am doing a little recumbent biking. No resistance, just pedaling. Helps to stretch and move!! Being careful not to overdo, letting my knee tell me how much is enough. Right now, 5-6 minutes is good without feeling too much. Doing that several times a day!
Being at 8 weeks, I am simply starting to feel better all around. Not so much pain, so not so much pain meds.

Tell your Mister that if he doesn't feel heroic, I understand. But for all of us out here setting ourselves up for a second TKR, his great progress and steady outcome is really an inspiration! You and I both know that some folks aren't as fortunate. For whatever it's worth, both of you are doing everything right and that just makes me so much more hopeful for my continuing adventure!!

He'll be much more happy when more of the tubes and wraps disappear and he gets home. I remember leaving the hospital, but not much else from the first week or so. Just lots of napping in my recliner, lots of icing, and elevating. :yes:

Sleep well and give him my best!! :wave:
 
@gr82cu2 glad I gave you a chuckle! Really I am surprised any of my typing is understandable. Running on fumes. I'll just blame it on Ghost grabbing my fingers while I type (don't think I can blame forum glitches for that one!):heehee:

@Ollie Glad you are doing good! Hubby enjoyed the bike at PT best of all (except he always got carried away at leg presses so I think he liked that one too). His surgeon told me when he came out of surgery to "realize that no two knee heal the same, and not to be upset if this one didn't heal as fast as the other one did" I told him not to jinx it because we already had one jinx in that the holding room before surgery was room number 13. (I was just teasing him) He must have taken it too heart though, because he came in all optimistic today! He seemed really puzzled why hubby didn't have a morphine machine thingee. He said he ordered one, but seeing how he was doing okay he wasn't going to use one. Take care, and good night!
 
Happy to hear that hubby and the kitties are doing well. I hope hubby's meds get sorted out and that you both have a peaceful night's rest. xox
 
@71Beetle and every one I slept about 7 1/2 hours last night. Hubby got about that. but not straight, he did sleep about 5 straight, but then he spiked a 6 in pain because he went that long without pain meds. He was up in the chair when I got here.
 
@tiredwife Steve is such an inspiration to me. He looks great and walking with all he had to tow behind him,. i am so glad he got some sleep The kitties awe so cute hope they get on the mend real soon love the Chunky Monkey. I do hope the swelling goes down is his first leg, tell him he has to hang them from the ceiling so they have that elevation :rotfl: I still chuckle that he said that I am happy you got some rest too I am off to my primary doctor appointment But do have some exciting news I walked up the stairs normally twice :yahoo: I was excited :happydance:
 
@madinana Yippie you walked up the stairs like a big girl!:yay: That is great!
Hubby just got out the femoral block out and pt is here.
 
Hi every one. Hubby just walked the practice stairs. ROM is 91 and 14. Old new knee regressed to 118 but it is pretty swollen today.
 
That 91 is fabulous! Good for him! Will they let him have ice packs for old new knee too?
 
@gr82cu2 Yes they brought ice for the old new knee.

@Jozilla LOL He said that is better than being on a wanted poster!!

Hubby is hoping the doc says he can shower today, they usually don't but the poor guy is miserable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom