TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife. I've been not on the site as much...been ill and site was so slow...but was thinking about you and hubby. Glad to know his surgery is over and it sounds like he is doing well. Really happy about that. Like others, don't forget about you!
 
:hi: @Gingiebot
Yes, site has been having a few hiccups later.
Sorry to hear that you haven't been well & do hope that you are feeling better.

Have missed seeing your posts on the forum, I came home from Rehab on Wednesday 6 August, slept soundly for most of the afternoon, so that is why at 4:07 am / Dublin time I am still omLine.

Take care of yourself and very happy to see you posting again.:flwrysmile:
Cathie x
 
Good very early morning every one! 3 am here. Hubby hasn't slept a wink since surgery, I got some sleep though. Wasn't using the block much so pain got to a high 4. Reminded him to use the block and they gave him some percoset. They have been very quick with answering his call light. He will get the last iv antibiotic at 6 am. Cathater, femoral block will come out in the morning. Said he was a little sleepy so maybe he will drift off. Still storming.
 
@jsm I got a little sleep and am going to try to get more. I will head home in the morning to clean up, empty litter pans and check on the cats. Then back to the hospital to spend the day. Probably go home at 5 to give kitties their meds and then sleep in my own bed. And then repeat. He will probably go home Saturday.
 
Hi @tiredwife you are amazing and hubby is in such good hands! It is great to get your perspective on recovery too! I also could never have had a btkr or done another tkr surgery ten weeks later. It took me six months to get my blood straightened out! Everything was off including platelets, anemia and thyroid levels! I am hoping I am stable enough for surgery now! Hope you both get some rest today though I have a hard time sleeping in the hospital. Xoxo
 
Hi @tiredwife ... I hope hubby drifted off and got some sleep. Also hope you get a good night's sleep when you go home and sleep in your own bed. You are such a good looker-afterer. (I like making up words). Your cats will be glad to see you I only have one cat - Jet who is black (bet you wouldn't have guessed that!!!!) and two dogs - border collie x Australian cattle dogs. They are great companions. As JoAnne said (Jozilla), it is really interesting to see all the posts given from the perspective of the looking-after person. It is hard to imagine that 2 weeks tonight my second replacement will be over and I will be commencing on the recovery.
I wish you and hubby all the very best and hope any discomfort is minor for him and his recovery moves along nicely, with no setbacks. Hugs ... Ellen
 
@Jozilla @NetballKnees Thank you. I got some sleep. Hubby finally got about 2 hours.

Catheter is out, They will put him in his chair for breakfast. I will stay until his breakfast gets here.

Oh, forgot to tell everyone that hubby said that he did so well getting his spinal, they told him they should bring him back to teach all the pregnant women how to do it. (I wonder if that was a comment on his tummy:heehee:.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad hubby got some sleep. I didn't sleep the night after surgery either except for 90 minutes. I was exhausted. Hopefully he can get some naps in today. Hospitals are terrible places to rest. Take care and get some sleep, yourself. (((hugs)))
 
@tiredwife , glad to hear all is going well for hubby so far! Take care of yourself and make sure you get enough rest! I know you all are looking forward to his recovery and ability to get back to a normal life!! You both are in my thoughts and prayers!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@Snooz @gr82cu2 @H2OPoloMom Thank you all. I got some sleep last night and am about ready for a nap. Tonight I will go home to sleep. Hubby is dosing off right now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:wowspring:Steve you looking great :yes!: before ya know it you will be up and :dancy::spin:I will have a bourban for you (not really) and get that leg elevated to the ceiling :no-fin: I don't see it elevated and that is a big :bignono: really you look great and hope @tiredwife is doing okay too
 
@gr82cu2 He is very nice guy. My family love him to death!

@madinana if I elevated in the chair the tray wouldn't fit over his leg. He is elevated now.

When I got back from taking care of the kitties I found him walking down the hall. We went back to the room and had pt on both legs. Trying to nap, but housekeeping just came in. Such is the life in a hospital!
 
@Junebug2 Yes all is going good. Thanks for dropping by!

@Yorkimom His pain made it to a 5 a couple of times (PT) but they are getting his meds worked out. I will be sleeping in my own bed tonight so I should get sleep.

Every one, He has walked the halls twice today. Occupational therapy said he doesn't need them, he knows what he is doing. He can even bend over and get his bootie on. Femoral block will be removed tomorrow. While sitting on the edge of the bed his new knee (even with the bulky dressing) looked like a 90 degree bend! That is better than his first one was. I am going home in about an hour. Got to get kitties their meds. Have a great evening!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom