TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@H2OPoloMom Borrowing hubby's computer having more luck with it. Headache is gone, went to the doc and got different allergy meds and prednisone because allergies and asthma are awful this year, first time in about 15 years I have had asthma problems. Starting to get better, poor doc I told him I had to be well for hubby's second surgery, and he is trying every thing he knows. Even nose sprays! Hubby is off diclofenac till after surgery so right knee is acting up. Surgery the 6th, getting close. Hope all is well with you?
 
@Ollie Yep, surgery the 6th! Thanks for the thoughts! We are so ready to get it over with, get him healed and back to work. He is so very bored, never had this long off of work before. It will be close to 6 mths off by time he gets back to work. I don't seem to want to do much house cleaning etc with him home, so I need to do some serious deep cleaning when he goes back to work. How are you doing? Didn't you just go on a trip? Did the Ted hose help?
 
Good Night all, Hubby had 1 1/2 shots of bourbon, lets see if he can sleep. He only took one really short nap and only about 2 or 3 hours last night. Here's to hoping!
 
@tiredwife , glad you are feeling better, and so glad your hubby's surgery will be behind you soon. I was thinking about you today as I reflected on how much I appreciate the help and support my husband has given me through this experience. You are obviously a very loving and dedicated caregiver for your husband, and I hope you know how much that helps your dear hubby. He is very lucky to have you!

We did make it to the beach this week, and with lots of elevation and ice, it has been great for both of us. Change of scenery and some down time have allowed us both to enjoy each others company and feel a little more positive about all that is going on in our lives. And the beach has been just the motivation I have needed to get out and walk a bit each day. My sweetie purchased a bungee lounge chair for me and has set it up on the beach each day so I could make the short walk out and then elevate and ice with a wonderful view for an hour or two.

I know you will be busy as your husband enters the next round of surgery and recuperation, but remember to take care of yourself as well. Ask for help and allow others to ease your load a bit. You are important too!
 
@tiredwife what :goodpost: and :iagree: you are amazing. I am glad you got of early but I went to bed early and got a good night sleep, I hope you and Steve got a good night sleep. I fee; pretty good so am doing some housework that is gladly needed as had no engery My knee is only aching a little and just a few muscle spasms so taking my meds do some work. So catch you later and have a wonderful day
 
@Snooz Thank you, We take care of each other! The beach would be so relaxing about now! We plan on retiring to the Oregon coast in a couple of years. Love the beach. Have a great day!

@madinana I slept pretty good, but hubby still only got a couple of hours. Right now he is doing his traditional Saturday morning cartoons. Netflix. Have a great day! Don't do too much!
 
Everyone, hope you all had a good day! Haven't done much today but laundry. Need to go grocery shopping tomorrow to get some tempting food for hubby after his surgery. Hubby will have to mow tomorrow too, and I need to start cleaning the house good. Monday we need to see about extending hubby's FMLA for work pick up some meds and clean house some more, Tuesday we need to change the sheets clean more of the house and get everything ready and then Wednesday is surgery. I will pop in when I can.
 
hubby's knee at 9 weeks (last Wednesday) ..... Ha ha @madinana I finally did it!

[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@madinana I have high hopes of doing all the cleaning, but am not going to risk a set back on my asthma by overdoing it. So I will start with the have to get it done, and move on from there. The kitty is Emily our oldest one, she is his protector and nurse. She thinks she can heal him just by sitting on his lap.
 
Hey TW, only a few more days till hubby goes in again. He will have to get the weed whacking done ahead of time this time. Hope all goes well for both of you.
 
@ironman60 plans on doing it all tomorrow, maybe I should change the locks on the sheds while he is in the hospital:wink:. Hubby says "thanks, hope it does too" He isn't near as nervous this time, just a little. We just want it done, and over with.
 
Good morning everyone. We hubby did Ambien and a shot of Nyquil last night and got about 6 hours, so doing pretty good. I am feeling better today too, sinuses are clearing and my lungs aren't as tight. I think we both might survive. Hope everyone has a great day!
 
Sounds pretty good. Tell hubby if the bourbon doesn't work a rubber mallet might do the trick.
I think that is what my wife uses when I snore. :swoon:
 
@ironman60 LOL Don't have a rubber mallet, would a 5 lb. sledge work? Luckily with his CPAP machine he doesn't snore anymore, before that the sledge might have been tempting!!!! Sleep apnea snoring is the worst! You have a great day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom