TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife:wowspring:I finally got to your thread it took me all day and was ready to pull my hair out :yikes: and scream:dubious: and now i am so behind on threads:holysheep: so :chuckmarch::sneaker: :type: but so slow i need a :martini::rotfl:
 
@madinana I can't get on with my computer, it doesn't like the slowness, so I have to use my husband's computer. I hate getting behind on the alerts, takes forever to catch up!

Everyone - Good Morning! Enjoying a good storm today! Wednesday is almost here! I plan on taking hubby's computer to the hospital, so I will be able to get on my thread and let you all know how it went. Have a great day!
 
@tiredwife and fellow bonesmarties, :wow: I could get on the threads it makes me want to :yahoo: Boy do I ever have alerts with not being able to get on Its a brand new day :idea: and that is my thought :heehee: so enjoys the storm, we had them yesterday I have to go to physical therapy and have an extremely tight calf I am massaging it but not working I may have to take strong pain pill which i hate to use but therapy will be hard with tight painful calf
 
@Jozilla I just hope his goes as good as the first one did. Same doctor so hopefully the outcome will be the same. Wish you luck on your Sept. surgery. Hubby has been getting a little more nervous the closer it gets, but not as bad as he was for the first one.
 
@tiredwife

I go home on Tuesday and feel ready & looking forward to that.

Thoughts and :prayer: for you and your hubby for Wednesday. And I know that you will keep us updated.

Cathie
 
@marmora Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! Tuesday you will be home and we will be doing all the last minute stuff to get ready for Wednesday. Enjoy being home. I will probably post something on my thread Wednesday evening or Thursday morning about hubby.
 
:chillpill: @tiredwife
The night nurse has just told me that my discharge date will be Wednesday 6 August. So, as your husband is going in for his second TKR. I will be heading home.
The upside is that I will have 2 additional PT sessions on Tuesday and I find them very beneficial.
My original admission date was Tuesday 22 July for 14 days, but, as admission was delayed to Wed 23 July & you stay in rehab for 14 days. I go Wednesday to Wednesday. But, with the few afternoon day release on Sat,Sun and today as it is a holiday in Ireland, I don't mind staying the extra day.

Best of luck on Wednesday and will be thinkbg of you and hubby
:prayer:
 
@marmora Well, at least it is a nice place to stay an extra day. Don't overdo it when you get home!
 
:chillpill:V@madinana
Sometimes I worry about you and all that you are doing .
Please do take care of you and decrease some if your activities.
Take time to spend more time icing, elevating and RESTING !
 
@tiredwife I've been doing well. Just today I rode my recumbent bike twice - about 10-12 revolutions each time. PT said to be careful and go slow. Just that much was hard; no pain but hard!

Did a short shopping expedition today to get special cat good at vet (Jasper has early kidney issues & the special food is solid gold!!), then a very short trip into Wal-Mart for paper towels and cat food for the other furry lay-abouts!

Oh - We didn't go on the little trip; I wasn't really ready to be gone that long away from home and Kim was stressed about driving. Ended up fine and relaxing to be home, anyway. Am suddenly really feeling better. Knee is less stiff or actually easier to warm up and get the ROM going. Trying to taper off the narcotics - only using one, maybe two at night. Naproxen or ibuprofen during the day now!!

Still thinking of you and your Mister. I am jealous a bit. . . But only a bit; my recent adventure is still pretty fresh and I remember a few very unpleasant episodes!! :-) In another year I will be sooooooooo ready!!


Ollie. LTKR June 10, 2014
 
@Ollie Way to go on the bike! When hubby had PT they always started him on the bike, the last week or so he was doing over 10 minutes on it. They seemed to always start every ones pt there on the bike. He has been in some pain because he has been off the diclofenac since the 1st. It is weird that the new knee will (starting tomorrow) be the old knee! Before the surgery both knees were going out on him and we didn't want him to fall and hurt the new knee, so that is why the surgeries are so close together. The new knee (soon to be old knee) is now just fine to be the strong knee. Glad you are feeling better, every day it will improve - baby steps.

@msmechanic58 Hope you had a good night?!
 
@tiredwife I'm so sorry. Again, I haven't gotten your notifications! I came here to wish your hubby well on his 2nd TKR tomorrow. I hope he does well and has another great recovery. With your help, I'm sure he will.

Anyway, good luck to your hubby tomorrow!
 
@tiredwife, just wanted to wish your husband (and you!) good luck tomorrow! Tomorrow will be the 1 year birthday of my right knee. As you know, he will be so happy to have both surgeries behind him!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom