TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gr82cu2 No problems, this forum is going through some problems.

My computer was is dying so hubby bought a tablet and gave me his computer. I will take the tablet to the hospital tomorrow and as soon as I can (after I notify family) I will get on line (if the hospital wifi is working) and put a message up on my thread on how it went. I will spend all tomorrow with hubby at the hospital come home Thursday morning to care for the cats, go back to the hospital at noon and then come home to sleep (that is probably when I will post). I won't have time to catch up on everyone til I get him home.

Hope you have a good night.
 
@Lovestoread Thank you! We are so looking forward to putting this all behind us. He has a lot of issues with other joints but when he retires those should be manageable without daily stress on them. Hubby has spent the day watching cartoons (his form of anti-stress) on you tube and Netflix.
 
@Ollie Thank you again! I'm sure all will be well, this leg isn't near as bad as the first leg. Took 3 hours to do the first one. That was a long wait, but the surgery nurse called me every 45 minutes or so to let me know how it was going!

@cjf1222 Thank you! He has a great doctor and his first knee recovery has been fairly easy!
 
@tiredwife My goodness! Hubby's surgery #2 here already! I'll be thinking of you both & hope all will go well tomorrow!! I know you both will be so relieved to get this one behind you as well. Best to you. :yes!:
 
@DianeJ Thank You! The time has flown by! His first leg was really bent, the surgeon came to me after surgery and was so pleased with himself that he could get the leg straight again! He really cares about people! It was a long surgery - 3 hours, hopefully this one will be quicker.
 
@tiredwife best wishes to Steve been thinking about you guys My prayers are with you both and looking forward to see him again on the other side. It will be over before he knows it!!!!!
 
I will be thinking of you and Steve tomorrow! My thoughts and prayers are with you for an uneventful recovery!
 
Everybody if I don't get back on here tonight, pleasant dreams and I will try to post something as soon as I can tomorrow!
 
@tiredwife We'll be here waiting to hear word whenever you have a chance. Don't worry, just take care of hubby, yourself and those kitties first. (((hugs)))
 
@madinana Thought you might like the elephant! How about this one?
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@tiredwife, good thoughts for you and your hubby for tomorrow. Remember to take care of yourself too! Reading your thread has helped me a lot with dealing with my knee issues!
 
@Whisper Thank you! Glad my thread could be of use to someone, that is what I hoped for. Hubby has been really lucky with his first knee.
 
Hubby has been really lucky with his first knee.

It's nice too to read about someone who has had a great recovery. I was getting really intimidated reading all the recoveries of those who have really struggled. I kept telling myself that those that are having trouble are the ones more like to reach out for answers but still, it bothered me. We need more good, positive recovery stories around here. I'm hoping to be one myself :) Night night tiredwife. Sleep tight and sweet dreams.
 
@gr82cu2 Neither one of us slept much. 4:15 am here. Have to head for the hospital in an hour. You are right, it is usually those seeking help for problems that find the forum. Out of the 700,000 a year done in the US that is only a fraction. Take care of yourself and have a great day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom