Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is amazing - My husband just got up and went upstair for something and wow he was moving even better than I can. It took him less time to get up and get upstairs than it took him just to get up before the surgery! It use to be so painful just to watch him get up and walk. I can't even imagine how wonderful it will be to see him walk after his other knee is done and healed.

I cannot wait to be at that stage! You have given me hope! His scar looks great too!
 
@71Beetle I feel a little better, the right side of my head feels like it is stuffed with cotten. Hate that feeling in my ear. I'm coughing up a really pretty shade of green (thought you could use the visual) :heehee: Glad hubby is doing so well, now he can take care of me! He made me a banana split last night!
 
@71Beetle I just hate prednisone, but if it and stronger antibiotics is what it takes - so be it! They gave me a cough syrup with codiene in it but I'm not taking that. I am one of those people who don't do well with medicine, and cough syrup usually triggers my asthma.
 
We all talk about how much energy this surgery takes out of us we forget what it does to our caregivers. It cannot be easy! Please take care of yourself and feel better soon!
 
Hope you are feeling better soon. Sinusitis can be really miserable. I had it several times over this past winter, and the pressure in my head was so bad I could hardly think. Hope the meds work fast for you. :flwrysmile:
 
@Roselover and @Jozilla Thank you so much for your well wishes, I am feeling somewhat better, but know it will take time. On the plus side my daughter and family are going on vacation so I won't need to watch the grandson while I'm sick.
My husband finally got over the 'cold all the time' phase! He kept trying to throw blankets over me at night and I was roasting! His knee doesn't get near as warm now.
Roselover I hope you do as well as he has been doing!
 
Ok, I finally made time to read your entire thread :wave: You have been a great nurse for your hubby. Will you come be mine? :giggle: He's doing so great! I hope to have the same results. I hope you get to feeling better very soon. You are so sweet to be looking out for everyone. You don't deserve to be sick yourself.
 
@tiredwife I hear you are not well again. Sucks to be that miserable especially when it is so nice out.
You guys will have to take turns nursing each other. I hope you can find something that gives you some relief.
Tell hubby to hop to it. :thumb: & get you well. (bad joke) . I'll send a get well flower :flwrysmile::flwrysmile:Ok two of them.
 
@gr82cu2 Thank you for the well wishes. Hubby is really doing great, often he overdoes it, but I try to keep a close eye on him. His main complaint right now is lack of sleep. Right now he is taking care of me! I am on monodox and prednisone along with my other asthma/allergy drugs. I will survive.

@ironman60 Thank you for your well wishes. My hubby is taking good care of me, he even made me dinner last night. Thank you for the flowers!
 
At the top right of the page is your name, click on it, go to signature on the drop down menu, you can make changes there.
If you are using the app, I have no idea how you change your signature.
 
:scare:Well hubby was a bad boy at PT today, was pushing 95 pounds with his new knee. :shocked: He was sneaky and did it before the therapist or I saw it. Said it didn't hurt, we'll see.
 
The cats really love the gel icepacks.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
@Gingiebot Thank you! He is a pretty terrific hubby! He is 6 and a half weeks now, and because he is doing so well is the only reason the surgeon agreed to do his second knee so soon. He has been so lucky to have healed this well. We are hoping the second goes this well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom