TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@msmechanic58 He says it was a little stiff last night but feels pretty good this morning. We took 2 of our cats in for there check ups and shots (only do 2 at a time). Youngest may have a heart murmur, but she wasn't sure. We will just keep an eye on it, as long as she is acting normal and not loosing weight not to worry. Used rescue remedy on our screamer and he did pretty good. Instead of an hour before we leave I will try and hour and a half next time. He mellowed half way through the vet visit.
 
@tiredwife good afternoon. I find it hard getting on cannot wait when new computer gets here.ii worry about you with your bronchitis I sure hope it gets better soon. I am doing pretty good all I do is ice and elevate. Drives me crAzy. I am black and blue and swell up. I have stiffness in my knee that is it. wondering if I even need to be on pain meds how is your hubby doing?
 
@tiredwife I was wondering my doctor did not set up home therapy, I have been doing exercises morning and evening how do I know if doing okay? You have any ideas for me?
 
@madinana You might want to call your doctor's office and ask about the PT. Did they give you a print out of exercises at the hospital? Do those and walk some (not much or you will swell) . My husband would put his foot up on a step and kind of lean forward, but not too far gripping the handrail . Sit in a chair and raise your leg. You can kind of roughly tell your ROM by eyeballing it. If you have your leg on a flat surface and the back of the knee touches the surface that is 0 extension, a right angle is 90 flex - the closer your calf is to your thigh the greater the flex. If you set a chair on a certain spot on the floor you can scoot your foot as far back as you can and mark it. The next day you can see if you can go a little further. Some days you will do better, some days worse - it's the 2 steps forward, 1 step back thing.
 
Hubby doesn't want to admit he overdid it yesterday, but he has been icing a lot more today. He blamed it on the trip to the vet.
 
@71Beetle I keep waiting for one of their tongues to get stuck to the icepack!:heehee: We have to watch them when I rub vitamin E oil on his scar - they love that too. Well, the vet couldn't hear very well with all the noise Lilbit was making so it isn't a for sure thing. She was a very sick kitten when we got her, but has been perfectly fine for years. The vet just said watch out for her loosing weight and if she gets lithargic. She is neither. We will handle what ever comes up. :meow:
I told hubby he is not to press that much weight at therapy tomorrow and he said he won't, but I will have to watch him like a hawk there.:hissy:
 
7 weeks today. A little swollen today.
[Bonesmart.org] Thank You - hubby has had both knees done
 
Has anyone on here heard from Poodle girl? I haven't seen anything since her surgery.
 
Did PT today, but a new exercise made his hip act up some. Don't think he will try that one again. Didn't let him press 95 lbs this time but he did press 55 lbs.
 
@msmechanic58 Standing rolling a medicine ball back and forth and side to side with his foot. He presses 95 using both legs, and 55 for just his one new knee leg. Last time he overdid it and pushed 95 with just his one new knee leg.
 
Crazy! I do 25 with both feet/knees. I feel like such a weenie now.

I've never seen anyone at my pt do that. What is it supposed to help with?
 
@msmechanic58 Strength? He just wants to prove to himself he can - macho thing. Monday PT he was pushing 95 with just his new kneed leg. He is still paying for that, and with that and today he was hurting enough to ice all afternoon and evening today. He has always had really strong legs, he works alot on ladders, etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom