TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby said that this morning for the first time in years his pain level in that knee was barely a one. It did climb to a 2 at PT and then Walmart (needed light bulbs for the kitchen) Now it is elevate and ice.
 
It is amazing - My husband just got up and went upstair for something and wow he was moving even better than I can. It took him less time to get up and get upstairs than it took him just to get up before the surgery! It use to be so painful just to watch him get up and walk. I can't even imagine how wonderful it will be to see him walk after his other knee is done and healed.
 
Your hubby is doing extremely well. Having the other knee done in August is good planning. I unfortunately had to wait longer because of so many issues with my blood - low platelets, anemia, thyroid levels and electrolytes. I was lucky with the pain and quick recovery of my right tkr. The fatigue was the worse thing for me. It is very helpful to post about the good recoveries too! I would also say you deserve some of the credit for his great recovery!
 
@Jozilla He is very lucky. He still has some fatigue but says it's from sitting around doing nothing for a month. This is the longest he has ever gone without working. He is so ready to get the other knee done get healed and get back to work. Not that he loves his job, he just misses joking with the guys at work. He won't be able to do some of his old job because it envolved crawling. I will have a chat with his boss and some of the guys at his job to make sure he doesn't try it. He often does first and thinks second! You have a great day!
 
Well, got back from PT and now it is elevate and ice time. Silly cat loves liking the gel ice pack, one of these days her tongue is going to stick to it! Extension is still a 3 and flex is now 117. Therapist told him to walk backwards and that will help the extension - we shall see if it helps.
 
Walking backwards - believe it or not I have never heard of that before. Thanks for the tip! I will use it this September. Let us know if it helps!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What a handsome scar!! :-)

That walking backwards thing is a good idea! I'm going to try it!!


Ollie. LTKR June 10, 2014
 
Yes, great scar. It looks better than the last pic.
I think he should start shaving his other leg just to get used to it.:snork:
Give the guys at work something to talk about.
 
Hi all! I will try to make him walk backwards some everyday. Let you know if it works.
@ronman60 LOL, don't think he would go for that. You aren't allowed to shave your leg awhile before surgery - they don't want you nicking that leg and getting an infection. Don't worry, the guys at work always have something to talk about.
 
Oh, just in case anyone is wondering, my husband does check out this forum. So you can ask him anything you want.
This morning was the 2nd saturday breakfast at a local church. All you can eat for $3 so we went as usual. Great breakfast saw some friends, met some people (the tables are just big round tables so you often sit with strangers for breakfast). This afternoon we have our grandson again so I probably won't be on from 5pm our time to about 11:30 pm. He gets control of my computer. Amazing what a 3 year old can do.
 
Ok everyone I may not be on here much the next couple of days. Feeling rough, went to the ER and have acute sinusitis and exacerbated asthma and now my ear is hurting. I think I am now officially on more meds than my hubby is! Sorry @71Beetle no jokes 'til I start feeling better.
 
@Daystar thank you! I'm feeling a little better, I had a breathing treatment. Ate a little and got my antibiotics in me. My ear is now muffled, hate when that happens - makes me dizzy. It's just been a crazy allergy season this summer.
 
:prayer:@tiredwife just back from the pictures and saw your posts. Really hope that the antibiotics do their best for you and that with rest and TLC you'll be better soon. Good Night (11:30 pm /Dublin time) and take care of you.
 
@marmora Thank you! It's just a bad allergy season. A couple of weeks ago I had bronchitis and was on antibiotics for that and was just starting to feel better from that when this hit. They have me on steriods and a stronger antibiotic. They also gave me codiene cough syrup that I probably won't take because I usually react badly to cough syrup.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom