Guest viewing is limited

PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go Teresa....great progress and outcome. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, everyone! I am very pleased with this outcome, I've no doubt there will still be bumps and pains along the way to make it interesting but I am officially truly happy that I had this done, all of it, the partial the MUA - I know it is going to make a huge impact on my quality of life.

I had lunch with a friend yesterday before PT and she has agreed to give rock climbing a try with me! I know Bill would come with me but he's afraid of heights so he'd just be on belay duty and that's not that much fun. I need to work up my quad muscles again though so we've decided to wait until June or so - my birthday is towards the end, that sounds like the perfect gift for myself!
 
It must help having just had a partial replacement which is less invasive then a full knee replacement although I a m guessing the recovery and pain are just the same
Rock climbing is fun and something to look forward to


20/01/2015
 
Turns out it's not easy taking a pic of your own bent knee! Did my best :)
[Bonesmart.org] TexasTee finally has a new knee!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Knee pic is great....nice bend Great goal in rock climbing. Want a pic of that, in time. Mx
 
Thanks everyone! I totally agree Metalheart - I can do anything I want with this level of bend, I will need to build up my muscles again though, my poor little quad is shriveling away. I have no question that I'll be able to get that back though - the flex I had doubts about but not the muscle.

Clipless and Lyn - thank you both! I was so inspired by both of you and your determination to get back to your desired lifestyle - you were highly motivational!!

Maggie and Jamie - I promise rock climbing pictures ASAP :climb:
 
Wow, that is awesome!!! I'm happy for you. I can't wait till I reach that level and I know it's going to take time as my best is still 95 but I start outpatient PT on Monday and I hope it's the boost I need.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Bravo on the bend and the rock climbing. Not my cup of tea (like your husband, I'm afraid of heights), though I live in one of the great centers for it in the world, but I've scrambled up the wall at the gym sometimes. Only when my trainer insisted I give it another try. :)

The quad strength is taking forever for me, though I can finally see that it's coming back on the left inner. I've been doing leg lifts, but mainly just inclines.

I did a long long walk today with my best writing buddy. Over five miles at Lake Tahoe, really satisfying. I'm still slower than I was, but the flexion and steps are good and my hips don't hurt at all. Celebrating with you!
 
Hi Brenda, Barbara and Vinny! Thanks - really happy with the bend and so excited to get to go to yoga tomorrow and use it, no more yoga straps!!

Wonderful update Barbara - its fantastic to start to reclaim your life, I am loving it, too. The quad is going to be a while in coming back but it's really early days yet, we're doing better than I dared to hope for.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
 
Yeah for alerts returning....Teresa any chance of you posting a photo the first time you strike the child's pose?

Vinny
 
The quad will come back. No worries about that.
No matter how fit you were pre-op, you always lose some quad strength, but it returns.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom