Guest viewing is limited

PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is good to see you are doing well. I am sure you will be up and moving in no time. I do think too, that mental attitude has a lot to do with ones recovery. I am back to the gym and I am even doing squats and lots of yard work, I tell myself every day that today is a better day than yesterday. I have no doubt that you will be back to yoga very soon and you too will be doing all the things you have missed for a while.
 
what was the band aid from? My OS said something about take photos and X-rays while doing the MUA..Im hoping it goes smooth!
 
I'm really pleased that all went well for you, I hope you will be up and about in no time xx
 
Hi everyone! Slept ok - was interesting to adjust to having my leg elevated and iced over night, it's only been a few weeks ago I stopped that but it felt like forever. Again, the ice was much nicer when it's so warm out! Still swollen and achy today but not at all the level I was concerned about/expecting. Perc and 1 Tylenol 500 every 6 hours is working well, pain is never more than 3ish, will see how I feel after PT this afternoon and if all goes as expected will switch to the same plan using Vicodin as it's much easier on my body than perc is.

The temptation to see what I can get my knee to do it huge! It definitely bends easier that before but it seems to be pretty much the same flex - I've no real idea how this is supposed to work so I'm just taking it slow. Icing now - 2 hours on and 1 hour off instead of constantly as that seems to work better for me. I honestly feel fine and would rather be more active but I'm afraid of somehow messing it up. Weird but there ya go! My PT has a lot more time to explain the process than my OS - he was just, go about your business, nothing special. So I'm probably being too cautious but I'm pretty over doing anything surgical to my knee and want this to be the last procedure for a very long while. My PT isn't until 2 this afternoon so on my next ice break I plan to ride my bike for 20 minutes just to keep the juices flowing.

Spencieca - the band-aid was from a lidocane shot he did while I was out, should keep pain and swelling minimal, he did them during surgery also. No pics for me, thank goodness, not sure I'd want to see that! I know it seems like a big scary thing but it was honestly no big deal for me, hopefully, you will have the same results!

Thanks for the kind words Jan, Karen, Lyn and Ann! I will definitely be tracking my progress Jamie - I've learned so much from BS - I'm happy to add in my experience to the wider audience.
 
I'm so glad to hear that all went well and can't wait to hear about your PT. You certainly have the best attitude and I think that makes a lot of difference. Keep posting.
 
Hi Teresa. Sounds like you have had a great outcome by the way you say knee feels....I hear the impatience in sour words to get going...just hasten slowly....nag nag nag.....How was PT? Maggie x
 
thank you ,,l hope l'm as tough as you,,the only operation l ever had was when l was 11 months old,,don't remember any of it,,lol,,my mom and dad told me today l better not back out,,l won't but l'm one nervous nellie,,thank you again
 
Hi Annie and Pumkin!

Ha! You are correct Maggie - I was told that I can't go back to yoga until Monday. No strength training at all, it's all heel slides and stretching but that's ok, it's working!!

I measured 115 when I got there which is far better than I had been "cold" before MUA. His goal today was to get me to 125. He used heat and then the same stretching and massage as we've been doing and I was able to get to 135, on my own, no "help"! Super happy with that. He said I can see improvements for about the next week but really need to work on just keeping the knee loose, cycling and heel slides then ice and elevation in an unending loop :) Not really unending he just said keep it up.

Marcus (PT) talked to my surgeon this AM to get the scoop and it turns out that what we thought was the the fat pad that was hard as a brick was NOT the fat pad as I no longer have one, it was scar tissue and it was keeping the knee limited. I don't know if I'll get all the way to 145+ but I'm certainly going to give it the old gymnast try...and regardless I can already reach behind and grab my heel for my favorite bow pose with no yoga strap so that, on it own, would make it worth it.

Happy dance! :happydance:
 
Hi Sabbath - well, no worries, you'll be knocked out and won't remember this one, either!! Don't be nervous, it's really not that bad and they take great care with the meds. Good luck!
 
Grabbing your ankle behind - mega :wowspring:that is fantastic. The 135 is a great result for a couple of days post - I can tell that you are totally stoked with this - and so you should be.

You have an audience now rooting for you to get to 145 (but I/we are not pushing - it has to be done right!!!) take care of you - Maggie x
 
wonderful Teresa......not many of us would want to go back for more and you can tell by your tone that you are ecstatic with the results and so you should be...I can see the child's pose in your future.....I had knots at the top of my knees where the incision ended and the PT said scar tissue and would manipulate it with forceful fingertip pressure and it helped a lot....I am very happy for you T and know that many people facing an MUA are given some piece of mind by your result...

Vinny
 
Today was more work to get to 140 but again, totally worth it, I really feel like at this point I will eventually get my normal ROM back...someday! I had my PT check my non-op knee with the measuring thing and it's 155 - I really don't need or expect to see that number but I know that moving forward I will be able to do all that I want to do and that is exactly why I did this. No regrets!!

Not sure I have a whole lot left to contribute here but I'll keep cheering my friends on and post any notable changes. I was able to go off the perc to vicodin yesterday, no issue, will go ahead and stay on the vicodin another few days as it is pretty sore at the end of 6 hours but will probably go back to tylenol with the tramadol backup by Monday.
 
You have done so well, and it would seem that the MUA was the right choice for you. I'm so happy it worked out that way! Please do continue to post at least now and then so we can continue to follow your progress. At some point a photo of your first mountain climb would be fabulous!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom