Guest viewing is limited

PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing you all the best for a terrific outcome today!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I realise it is early in uk but I keep checking in case you posted I just want to let you know you have been in my thoughts all day and I hope it is going well that it is over and you are back to the ward on you way to recovery x Susan



20/01/2015
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone - so appreciative of all your support and good thoughts! The procedure went well, he said that there was quite a bit of crack, snap and pop - at the end he was able to bend it to 140+. It's swollen and pretty painful right now but that shouldn't last too long. Home and icing/elevating and about to take a nap...back on percocet but it should only be for a few days. I did not need my crutches so that's awesome, he said I should carry on as I have been so perhaps I'm not taking the step back that I had assumed I was. Excellent!

Real test will be PT tomorrow...looking forward to moving this along! Thanks again to everyone. I'll come back after my nap and catch up with everyone.
 
Go easy with that PT tomorrow, Teresa. An MUA does cause some soft tissue damage, and you don't want to irritate those tissues. Allow a bit of time for them to heal.
 
good luck, l will be watching for your next post to see how you are doing,,l'm all pins and needles sitting here waiting for mine on the 21st,, debating ,debating over and over
 
Hi Teresa! Glad to hear that the MUA went well...you and I are very close in age...I am having an MUA on Monday the 6th and am a bit anxious, but want it to be over so I can get on with this new knee of mine! My OS didn't tell me too much about the recovery afterward, guess I will ask him that day! Will be watching to see how things are progressing...keep up the good work and good luck at PT! BTW...how often will you be doing PT?
 
Hi @sabbath and @Spencieca - welcome!! I honestly had not much idea of what to expect but was more nervous about it than the surgery itself! The surgery was non-avoidable, had to happen - the MUA...this felt much more optional. I was worried I'd somehow be worse off than before, as I'm sure you both know. Spencieca - I am going to PT tomorrow and Thursday - the office is closed on Friday or I'd go then, also. After that it's back to formal therapy once a week. Sabbath - when did you have your surgery? As you might have noticed...I'm a chatty chick so I'll be sure to keep you updated on all the happenings. The hospital part was easy-peasy, more paperwork than even the original surgery, still not sure how that is possible. But after that they put in the IV and wheeled me away, I was aware of even less this time than last since they used a very mild general rather than a spinal but the process was something like 10 minutes, I was awake in the recovery room before I was originally even supposed to have gone in! Came out of it fully aware, ate my cracker and took my meds and then went home.

It's very early days but I do not think I will regret it in the least. As I said before - I didn't have to go back to crutches and won't need anything other than the ice machine - now that I've napped off the anesthesia I feel better already. Pain was very minimal when the next dose was due but staying on the clock for now so I took half the dose of percocet an hour ago and it's more than fine, will keep on 5mg every 6h until after PT tomorrow but if it's not a lot worse I'll go back down to vicodin and hopefully be back to Tylenol by the weekend. I simply do not want to spend anymore time on narcs!

Swelling is there but it's not as bad as I had assumed it would be. I can tell you that its one heck of a lot nicer to strap this ice sleeve on when it's 80 than when it was 40 :) I can feel that my knee is looser than this morning, I tried a few rotations of my bike just to see how it was bending and it was fine, very tempted to try some more bending things but want to let the swelling go down, I will do some gentle stretching thru the evening. I honestly think I could go to yoga tomorrow but will wait until I talk to the PT. I'm actually super excited to see how this changes things!

Cannot thank you all enough - started to name names but I'll know I'd forget someone - at any rate, your support has been invaluable, you are all fantastic!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Teresa, I'm so happy to hear it went well for you. Look forward to seeing if your progress continues from here. Have a good nights sleep.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
[Bonesmart.org] TexasTee finally has a new knee!


Thanks Brenda and Vinny! Pic is from just now - I have been icing and the swelling is more than this morning but as you can see, not too crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yep, that's swelling! I think you've done really well so far with your MUA and it will be interesting for you to journal these next couple of weeks. As you know, we have a fairly significant number of younger, more active members these days on the forum who will want to know that results like you are hoping for are possible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom