Snoopy55
senior
- Joined
- Apr 4, 2022
- Messages
- 288
- Age
- 58
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Hi @YogaLesley I also had log leg when I had my hip pinning. Ugh It was very frustrating. It felt like an elephant was sitting on my leg!! They gave me a terry cloth long rope thingie in the hospital to use to slide my leg off the bed to go to the bathroom and I came home with it and used it for the first week. I just left it on the bed. I am also glad to hear they switched your meds. I took tramadol too and I really liked it much better than the hydrocodon. I took tramadol every four hours for a while because I really had over done it but I am 3 months out now and doing only Extra strength tylenol twice a day 12 hours apart so basically two in the morning and two around bedtime. I think thats your paracetamol in England if I'm not mistaken. But you have a ways to go before you switch to over the counter! Try to stay ahead of the pain as much as you can. Glad you are also getting some rest. Your body will heal much better when you can sleep. Hope you feel better everyday.






I also have lots of recorded TV programmes especially music ones that I want to share with my sister, we grew up in the 50s and 60s (big Beatles fans, used to go to the Cavern in Liverpool!) so I guess it will be fine really. It will be good to get home and, as you say, break a few rules, plenty of ice packs and probably ice cream too and maybe a little drink if I get off the opioids! 
