THR Tee (AKA Frieds) Flipping to "the other side"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a travel cushion to add about 2inches in seat height.
No one even notices or cares.
Haha as if I had thought they would.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Strange how each day or night I feel ache indifferent places - side of thigh, front of thigh, butt, etc lol. Today it's the side. Is that normal?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
hi @ frieds! i have had pain in many different places in my leg from day one so I'm kind of presuming its normal. I hope you've had a good day today!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @frieds I'm the same as @Sharri the pain moves about my leg from hip down to the back of my knees. My bruising has worked its way down my leg too... its a very fetching shade of yellow at the moment!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Thanks Sharri & Nora - as you know it's nice to hear that I'm not crazy lol. Thankfully I can say that I don't have any bruising. I'm amazed but never did see any. Still have a mark from my IV though lol :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Yep have that too.... had a lot of bruising from attempts by phelbotomist to take blood but that has faded. I bruise and scar easily...the joys!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
So I had a busy day today - PT had me walk four blocks totally unassisted. Then did few light thins around the house. Feel my leg but it's not pain pain and certainly not like it used to be. Just sore and a little achy. Assuming that is quite normal as I am only 14 days out and still healing. Plan on icing and resting rest of day; but felt good to be moving and even more I dependent!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@frieds well done you! I went for a few walks today for about 5 or 10 mins but I'm still using both crutches. My OS and PT were very clear 3 to 4 weeks with 2 and then 3 to 4 with one crutch. .. it is funny how the rehab varies across the world. Being able to get out and about makes all the difference. Great that your pain level is so much better. Mine is too so it must be that two weeks out is a bit of a turning point! Enjoy the rest and elevation...

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Nora - I credit my mobility (I'd like to think) to me doing 5-25 miles a week on elliptical at the gym up until the surgery. While it hurt to walk, my hip always felt better with the movement post gym! I am pretty stable - still need cane particularly when tired as still have little bit of limp. I'm sure PT next week will help...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I wish I had prepared better... I was swimming and a bit of cycling but any walking or cross trainer was so painful afterwards it wasn't worth it. And I wanted to conserve my able body time for work... next time around though the plan will be to more physically fit and have my weight down. I won't see PT till my check up with OS in hospital at eight weeks post op.. I just do my exercises a few times daily and walking... it was a good day today so fingers crossed for everyone it stays positive...

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Frieds - you are walking unassisted?? Wow - great progress! I am still using a walker at Day 23 though PT has me practicing with a cane.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

2014, May 20th posterior TLHR
 
Well PT made me walk unassisted but I have little limp yet. Very little but I prefer to use cane still. I'm hoping another week or two and muscle will be strong enough. I think things still stretching - particularly as incision area is still healing. I am fortunate that working out pre surgery helped me strengthen. But feel the odd aches here and there. Keep up your good work too - all my courageous and awesome hip buddies!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Wow @frieds that's fantastic - i bet that felt pretty good doing that walk. I am looking forward to getting there myself! Do you mind if I ask which approach you had and how long your incision is? I'm guessing it may be anterior and or a smaller incision - trying to gage if you would be on a different recovery path than myself. My recovery is pretty much on the same time lines as @NoraJ's - so don't feel that you are behind or the only one at that stage @NoraJ. My incision is about 13 inches and is on the side.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Sharri - I have good days and not so great days too! But overall I'm happy at my progress. I had minimally invasive posterior. I did a lot of research and found OS of highest standing in the area for just that reason. Wanted anterior but he doesn't so those as believes higher risk of complications. He has perfected posterior. My incision is just under four inches on the side to rear of buttocks going vertically down my leg. I posted a picture in the "badge" thread at top of site page.

Never get discouraged. We are all different and all frustrated - even myself. This is a long-term play for a long healthy and pain free life. Take it slow and easy - I agree with that!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks for the reply @frieds! I didn't realize there is a minimally invasive posterior approach. Man I would have loved to have had a smaller incision but not sure if I was a candidate for it. Trying to be happy and grateful just that I had the replacement even if it's a bit of a slower recovery & a bigger scar. I know I was told multiple times by different medical professionals that I was very lucky to get the OS that I did because he is very well known even internationally, & extremely experienced. It's not as easy here to pick a doctor because it's a referral system so I feel very lucky and trust he did the procedure that was right for me. You are right we all have frustrating days and I hope days with triumphs. So glad to be sharing the journey with all of you :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I am jealous @frieds. ..I saw your incision photo. It is so neat and short! Mine is similar to @Sharri. ..endless! I took a pic but I'll wait till Monday and my bandage is off to get another view of it...

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
I am day 16 - how long is it recommended I ice? Just curious. Doesn't appear to be much swelling left. I am not opposed to icing but seeking guidance. My OS flow up is June 26th. Guess will do until then.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I have pretty much stopped icing except for after PT and my cycling.. If you aren't having any swelling.. Just do it after PT


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Woohoo new milestone. Day 17 and needed assistance with shaving the lower part of my legs today as I can't bend and do them yet. Treated myself to a wax - and believe me post surgery it didn't hurt a bit hehe! I drove myself - first venture out. Felt great! Now looking forward to lunch with hubby and then one errand and then home to rest! Life is good!!! Xoxox to a my hippy friends!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Question for anyone in the "know". In another week or so once incision completely healed/closed...what is the safest solution to help with scaring? Someone told me
Vitamin E oil, cocoa butter, silicon sheets, etc. looking for something that will help lessen and not be harmful!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom