Guest viewing is limited

THR Tee (AKA Frieds) Flipping to "the other side"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@frieds I had my first shower today as well! It felt so good to wash my hair. My shower is small enough that I could hold on to walls for support, but I look forward to remodeling our bathrooms in a year or two. Kitchen is first! I guess the compression socks are for posterior approach? I didn't have those at all. Trying today without Tramadol. I'll probably still use it at night to make sure I sleep well.

Naps are such a luxury - I'm enjoying every single one of them!
 
I was told compression isn't dependent on procedure type - just precaution for blood clots. Not being as active and moving as much, surgery makes you more accessible. Also since I've been on birth control it's a precaution and I willingly agree to use until I'm at least a week out - why not if can help prevent an issue :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I had anterior so I was able to right away. But certainly was not comfortable till about day 7 or 8. Now I am spending half my night on my non op side.. I know how uncomfortable it is to be on back.. I even started getting sore heels.. Ask doc.. Maybe with pillow between legs you can try?


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
Sore heels! Me too. Bleh. :flabber:
 
Frieds - a shower! I am so envious!! :) I have one of those tub/shower/glass door combos so I worry about getting out of the shower (have a bath step which I can use to get in). Way to go!! You are doing so well!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

2014, May 20th posterior TLHR
 
Post-op Day 5 - today is my first official PT at home. Was assessed on Saturday and given heel slides, butt crunches and ankle flexes to do. Can hardly wait to see what gets added now lol. How do you know it really is okay to do an activity? Will my body tell me? Currently feels like a knot on the side/back of knee on operated side. Can move it but the side to side strength stinks - easier for me to lift my leg with hands etc.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@frieds just wait . It really gets so much better everyday. I am moving almost normally now at day 14. I sometimes even forget I had a hip done!! I ride the bike and move easily. The only thing that is not yet there is the strength in my leg muscles. The leg feels not as strong as my other leg and that is just building and PT. Yes.. Follow what your body tells you.. Everyone is dufferent. Don't do anything that hurts. I remember day 3 I could not do a heels slide .. It was a struggle but by day 5 it was easy.. It changes daily in a good way!!! You are healing now:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Today's success: completed first home PT. Felt good and therapist said did very well. I'm starting to get excited at the possibilities. Probably a lot of sitting/resting now in my future for the rest of the day though :). Having lunch downstairs with hubby as a treat! And seeing my kitties!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Frieds - like psychteach said - it really gets better every day! You'll be amazed at your progress with each passing day. I am at Day 13 and finally showered for the first time! :) I felt stronger today than even just two days ago!

Keep doing those exercises that PT gave you but also remember to rest, ice and elevate! It really works!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

2014, May 20th posterior TLHR
 
The hardest part is that I miss my kitties. They told us at hip class not to have pets around for a week or so to help alleviate infection possibilities. I am so used to them being around and comforting me - when I leave the bedroom they are so happy to see me. I feel separation anxiety lol!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
We put our two large dogs in the kennel for 8 days, and it was hard for me, too.
 
I had my surgery on Thursday and went home on Saturday. My two dogs were here to greet me.. They are a part of my recovery and I was not told they couldn't be. I can't imagine being separated from them. I hope you will be reunited with your pets soon.
 
I didn't have to send my two kitties away - they've been by my side continuously since I've been home! I guess each hospital is different?
 
Well they said infection is concern with hip replacements. So took it for what it's worth. Thinking tomorrow marks a week and maybe kitties can have access to bedroom again. I miss them and they, me!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Really just kept my two big dogs in kennel for 8 days because they are so big and afraid they would knock into me.....
I would think you would be fine to let your two fur children back into the bedroom. :mooncat:
 
Going to sound vain but OMG just saw the scar! Nurse took off bandage - shocked only 3.5" or so but pretty ugly at the moment. I hope this also gets better!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Lol.. Mine is about same size.. And not looking great for bikini season :(


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Count your blessings mine is the guts of at least 8"! I couldn't bring myself to look at it but I can see the shape of the scar by the mark of staples through the bandage... no hiding it at all in a bathing suit! I am avoiding thinking about it too much...

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
How long should I continue to ice? Bandage off today so feels odd on incision area (obviously not direct on skin but still)....


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom