Guest viewing is limited

THR Tee (AKA Frieds) Flipping to "the other side"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they made me get up and walk and sit in chair. BP fluctuated, I got hot and proceeded to vomit lol. Glorious morning. The good news was the walking felt pretty good - just sore muscles. The bad news been feeling those muscles since got back in bed. Am exhausted so nap time...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I had similar issue with BP. Mine ended up being blood loss causing my BP to be low. I know most have low BP issues and dizziness, nausea.. It will get better . Rest up.. Try again later:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
My BP was very low for two days; and I have to take 2 types of meds for high BP.
So that is normal and expected.
It does make you a bit tired, and unsteady.....

You made it! You are now getting better!!
 
Ask for anti-nausea meds if you are feeling sick. Welcome to the other side @frieds . Each day will get better and better!
 
So I just completed physical therapy and passed with flying colors the walking thing was far easier Thani expected- woohoo! Getting out of bed is as difficult as I expected and this log of a leg needs a lot of helping for the time being. Overall pretty happy so far. IV disconnected, only do vitals 3x day, don't need oxygen. So things are good.

I feel muscular pain in thigh and butt - guess to be expected. Was told incision about 4 inches so that makes me happy but I haven't seen it for myself yet.

Thanks for everyone's support!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Sounds good....
The log leg goes away in about a week or less.
Your walking is helpful! :walking:
 
@frieds Welcome to the other side! Glad things are going well. Will keep an eye out for you and congrats on the successful bodily functions! Check.. that's off your list ;)
 
If the nausea continues, ask if they have an anti- nausea patch ( scopolamine?) that goes behind your ear. I got it in pre op and never had nausea. Good luck!
 
Woke up got pain meds and immediately threw them up. Lol round two - Ginger ale, crackers, nausea medicine in IV and then pain killers again. Lets see how this goes!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@ frieds I hope you are getting anti nausea meds .. I only needed them once first day but they work:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
So far so good. Shot helped now have walked to bathroom and had breakfast. Have PT at 11:45 then lunch and a discharge. Love my OS - comes by everyday and makes sure I'm happy and well. Said can be back on elliptical in two to four weeks but my body will tell me with stiffness.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @frieds and welcome to the other side! :) My blood pressure was all over the place too; I think drinking lots of water will help, but in any case you'll be back to normal when the spinal is out of your system. Look forward to hearing more about your recovery.
 
Great update besides the nausea. Take it easy ... good luck getting home and rest, ice and medicate!! Hang in there, it is all healing from here!!
 
@frieds Hi Tee! Yesterday was a little tough. I find the Tramadol works best for the pain for me, but I take everything they told me to take: Aspirin 2X, Vitron C, Celebrex, Colace 2X, Linosopril, Zofran 2X and Hydrocodone as needed.
They put one of those Scopolamine patches on me pre-surgery and the nurse told me I could take it off as soon as I wanted because it was so strong. So I took it off late yesterday afternoon and immediately started feeling nauseous. So I started the Zofran for nausea last night. I had a lot of swelling and heat around the incision and ran a fever of 100.4. This morning I woke up went downstairs and after making coffee, I threw up. So another Zofran this morning. The good news is that I have no fever and the pain and swelling have gone down considerably today. The PT called and wanted to squeeze me in for a cancellation today but I decided to wait until Saturday for my first PT session. I just feel like it is too soon.
Glad to hear that you will be going home today! It really is nice to be home, although trying to nap yesterday afternoon was difficult because of ringing phones. I finally turned off the ringer and then it was the doorbell!
I hope today is different because I really need those naps!

Tami
 
@frieds You sound like you are doing well with the exception of the nausea. It is good that you are going home soon. Let the healing begin!
 
So passed PT test and getting released! Excited. So far the walking hasn't been half as bad as I would have imagined. I need food in tummy before taking pain meds - but all has been smooth sailing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@frieds Happy to hear that you are doing so well and on your way home. Wishing you a continued speedy and uneventful recovery:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
It is crazy how easy the walking and everything is. Glad you are going home:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom