Knee Infection* Tattoos

Glad your home and resting. The immbolizer is a pain, but it'll allow the incision to heal without pressure from bending.

So glad to get this update Matt - and glad you are home resting. Continued good wishes for healing and a good culture result.

I'm praying that culture comes back good!

Haha, nice one! [emoji145]

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Honestly, this is the first time in my life that I have ever been associated with culture. My wife and kids should be proud!

Lol just got it, dense me, hang in there Matt. Sounds like its going ok!

R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16

I have been stalking your thread. I love your outlook and positivity! I am praying your knee heals without anymore complications and that you are on the baseball field next season!

Got to take the ace wrap and cotton off. Have to leave the antibiotic soaked dressing on for a few more days.
upload_2017-7-8_12-54-41.png

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you feeling, Matt?

Thanks for the well wishes! Woke up this morning and was actually able to do some leg lifts (not the 200 per day that the surgeon assigned, but more than before). Hurt a lot less today.

I get the aquacel off tomorrow. I can see through it that they opened up my entire 7 inch incision as opposed to the 2.5 that had reopened by itself. I also find out the results that they have been able to obtain with the culture.

Fingers crossed that all is well! I even went to church today for a bit of extra help. The building didn't burn down so I'll take that as a good sign!

I am glad you are hurting less today.

Sending you positive thoughts that the results are positive!!

I pray that everything comes back good tomorrow. Your OS hasn't a clue...200 leg lifts a day on brand new surgery!
Wonderful that you are hurting less. Remember that less exercise and pain means more gain!

Great news today! Nothing growing in the culture that keflex can't handle. Incision looking good. Still in immobilizer at 0-30 for three or so weeks.

All in all, a fantastic development. I really needed the good news.

I'm glad the culture showed that Keflex will do the trick.

That is great news Matt!! So happy for you and hope you continue to recover nicely.

Fantastic news!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member