Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* Tattoos

@mcirish , I've edited two of your previous posts, to increase the font size.
For some of us, that small font is quite hard to read .
Please be a dear, and make it larger. Thank you. :flwrysmile:
 
McIrish,

The shoulder surgeries were the worst for me regarding PT. To put it mildly, it sucks and it hurts.

Fortunately, for this surgery, he didn't have to do the patellar realignment. He did a lateral release and with the change of the shape in my knee, the kneecap was tracking really well. Lucky on that one.

Iowa,

Great name and State. My wife is from the budding metropolis of Belmond. I fell asleep with the machine on last night and again this morning. I think the pain meds making me loopy is actually helping me to zone out while watching tv.

On a side note, thank God for all the movie services like Netflix. Just a small point, try not to watch zombie movies while taking oxycodone, gives me so freaky dreams, especially with the "in and out" stage I am currently in.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey Celle,

I want to add my surgeries to my signature line. How do I do this?

They are:
May 2002- lateral meniscal transplant
June 2005- removal of bullet from L hip
September 2010- tendon release L wrst
November 2010- Right shoulder supraspinatus repair
October 2012-partial menisectomy
May 2013-partial menisectomy
December 2013- re-repair of tendon in shoulder
October 2015- microfracture lateral knee
June 2016-OATS lateral compartment
November 2016- debridement of lateral compartment
May 2017- ConforMIS lateral partial knee



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
One other thought that I had. Is there any way to get a demo model of a partial knee replacement? I want to show my kids as students. I also kind of want to brag on it too!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@ridgw003 - What a small world! I grew up in Forest City - we were in the same conference as Belmond. I don't live in FC now, but it was a great place to grow up.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
We now live near Seattle. I am from San Diego. Pretty cool that somebody frona flyover state and a Southern California native meet and marry in Seattle!0


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good stuff Matt, hope you recover quickly and have minimal pain, my pkr was medial no issues, just back to work early and a bad ankle, walking well now kicking butt at work and at home!


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
One other thought that I had. Is there any way to get a demo model of a partial knee replacement? I want to show my kids as students. I also kind of want to brag on it too!

The only thing I can think of is to ask your surgeon if he/she can lend you one for a while.
We do have this article, which talks about different types of knee replacement and includes the image below:
Knee replacement surgery types and suggested videos

[Bonesmart.org] Tattoos
 
Thanks Celle,

I have showed this to my family, but I wanted something tangible. I emailed the manufacturer to see if they sell demos.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
There was a rep there during my surgery, never got a chance to meet her. I would have asked her then. I'm gonna call the sales team over there. Thanks for all the great ideas!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Day 2 Post Op

Wow, this hurts a lot more than I thought it would! Trying to get the swelling under control. Pain is more under control than yesterday, so at least that's a step in the right direction. I really do enjoy my time on the CPM. I really get to zone out and spend time to myself!

My wife and my 5 year old both have a really fun stomach virus that I am sure I will be getting anytime now.

Haven't heard back from the ConforMIS folks on getting a demo model.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Make sure that you are taking your pain medications on schedule, won't you? Elevation and ice help a lot, as well as not doing too much activity.
If, after all those measures, you are still in a lot of pain, do phone your surgeon and ask for your medications to be adjusted.

I hope you don't catch the stomach bug!
 
I hope you don't get the stomach bug! That's miserable under good circumstances!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Day 3 Post Op:

So far I have avoided the stomach bug. I had to cut my school day short yesterday and today. Too much swelling and I wanted to come home. Pain is getting better now, as is the amount I can transit on the CPM machine.

Through the use of copious amounts of Saran Wrap, I got to shower yesterday. With my swollen leg, I looked like a combination of a stuffed sausage and something found in an adult film.

Looking forward to "coaching" my 5 year old's last t-ball game tomorrow from the stands!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Try to elevate your leg while you're being a proud parent on the sidelines, won't you?
 
Of course I will Celle! On the bright side, it's supposed to be a really nice day out!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad the bug hasn't hit you!

You are really out and about already! I can't even imagine. My husband just left to take my son to tee ball. I'm no where close to being ready for something like that.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's really a bit too early to be going out and about so much, but I appreciate that some of our children's milestones need our attendance. When that's done, try to make up for it by taking additional time to rest, ice and elevate your knee.

Check your activities against what we recommend here:
Activity progression for TKRs
 
Normally I would just skip the game, but it's the last one and I am the coach!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom