THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Good news Tash.. You are doing so well, given how much surgery you have had in such a short time.. Love you xx
 
Poppet and Pumpkin had my first vacation is years. I am very tired. Will talk later heading for bed. Lots of love Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Glad to hear you had a vacaton, now rest up from your vacation. See you here later.
 
Hi Tashia, I know how you felt.. but I have to say.. If you feel sad or feel that your alone.. Your not and Bonesmart is best place for you (us).. Everyone here has been down this road and If you ever have any question I recommend that you dont hesitate to ask.. We Hippie's stick together.. The process may seem slow in the beginning, but it will be worth it.. Soon you will be pain free.. Like I said from the beginning for myself.. NO PAIN, NO CANE- you can use that also.. Take care and stay positive. Ron
 
I had a new hip on the 13th of september and still having to use a cane and pain pills.. i still don't feel safe to drive. getting very sad.


Wow me too! Sep 13 I am almost 4 weeks out and doing great. I do not need cane or walker, no pain meds since 3 week. walking unaided 5 blocks a day PT tell me I am way beyond the norm. I am excited and still have periods of tiredness. But overall no hip pain at all. able to sleep on non side with pillow between knees and can lay on surgical side for couple hrs and then have to roll. I feel so good I have to be careful of my limitations and observe them. Don't get down when you read this
we all heal at different rates, you'll make it don't give up.
 
Today was a lazy day. Hip did great on the trip. Knees hurt a little. Got off schudule on pain meds so need to get it back in place. I have come a long way but still have far to go. I love going places so staying home is very boring.
 
Thank you for telling me about Nancy2. We are a family and we need to help whenever we can. Its so scary thinking you have a infection. Today I started cutting back on my medication. Am a llittle score in the hip which surprised me a lot. Now its better but had to use my pill for breakthru pain. Tomarrow will be a better day. There is a big conventions of sewing in the Bay area and tried to find me a ride and all failed. Well there is always next year. There is also a cruise going to Hawaii which would be so cool. The days of the ocean we sew. Nothing like sewing to Hawaii and back. Sounds really cool. On the island we go to sewing stores which are so cool. I really hope to go. Its in February. Now that its October everything is going so fast. Everyone take care and stay safe. :puppysmooze: Tashia :bicycle1:
 
Tashia, there is a cruise for every interest, isn't there? Do you have to schlep your own sewing machine on this cruise, or do they provide them for you? One of these days, I will take a knitting cruise. Have needles; will travel. :)

Sharon
 
Tashia,
A college roommate of mine posted that she went to a quilting convention in the Bay area, and I thought I've heard about that. Small world, she had a great time.
Soon you will be able to drive yourself.
 
Today is kinda of a sad day. :sorry: I had to go back on my old schedule of medication. My knees and hip keep getting worse so I am PT tomarrow, We will see. :shrug: My knees stinging so they aren't ready yet and my hip is score. I am trying not to let this get me down. It will come when I am ready. :gaah:
 
I have been on two sewing cruisses, One I took my sewing machine, It was a pain, The other they supplied, much better to say the least. Makes traveling much easier. The only thing you need is a place for your projects that you do. Feeling so much better. Hip is not hurting any more. knees are better. This is truely a lesson on patience. I wish everyone a good week. Take care and be careful Tashia
 
Hi Tash, yes you're right about the patience, fortunately you seem to have an abundance of it :thumb:

Pleased your hip has settled down and your knees are better, the sewing cruise sounds fab, hope you can make one very soon, it's good to have something to look forward to. How's the new car doing?

Take care of you

Ann.x.
 
I went to the PT today and found out I pulled a muscle in my hip. Not serious but a pain. Have exercise I have to do to get the hip stronger. Was very surprised to find out how weak it is. But when i think about it I know I wasn't able to do all the therapy before I had my knee done. It only had been nine months so now I must get it stronger or I will have problems with it. My left is real strong which is my stronger side anyway. Today was a good day with pain evethough I had pt. See her in three weeks again for more exercises and to get it strong. I have range of over 120 so that is excellent. Now its time for the hip to be worked on so I will be all balance. So glad to be here and not waiting for more surgrey. Everyone do take care and be safe. Tashia :bicycle1:
 
I can only imagine, Tashia. You take care of yourself now :console2:
 
Josephine, All things really are ok. The one thing I miss is driving. I really miss it. I do this is my choice but at times I find it very diffucult because it does isolate me so. My pain is better. In every on life a little rain must fall. It keeps raining at my house. The rain I refear to is crying. I miss my driving so but Its against the law and thats that. Everyone do take care and stay safe. :puppysmooze: Tashia :bicycle1:
 
Hi Tashia!

Sorry to hear you can't drive right now. Maybe some good movies and quilting if you are up to it to pass the time. You always encourage me as you have been through so much and you just keep on keeping on no matter what. And especially you are so encouraging to others. You are a love and so appreciated on the forum.

Take care friend. Hopefully you will be back behind the wheel soon.
Love to you.
 
Tashia,
It is hard to not drive, I did not start driving for about 6 months:hairpulling:. Today at lunch I was teased by a lady who gave me a ride home after a Christmas Party, and I had her drive past all the Christmas Decorations, rather than taking a shorter route home. Guilty as charged:rotfl:.
I only have 3000 miles on my car since the last oil change, a year ago. I even got a discount on my car insurance.
Hoping you can get behind the wheel soon.:friends:
 
Both of you thank you so much commenting about driving. I need to hear it over and over. I know its because I live along and I depend on my car to social is why I miss it so. My knee is doing so great and now I am trying to get my hip strong so I have decided to post here. I went and played with the neat sewing machine. Oh its so cool. But it got even better today. Now the store is offering a computer with a computer program just for my machine. Did I say my machine.:shocked: Oh does that mean I have already taken ownership of it. :scratch: Oh all the neat programs are unbievale. Ok I can't spell but you get what I mean.:heehee: I can design my own desing or I just remembered I havn't be able to make a avatar. mmm does this mean I can design on my sewing machine, then put in the computer and they transfer it here? Oh that is so tiring I need a nap to quite the brain. :rotfl: It even comes with a neat suitcase so I can carry it back and forth.to my sewing groups? Well it doesn't say good morning to me when I turn it on. Can I live without it saying good morning to me? :loll:Oh what a crises.:heehee: I will have to sleep on it and go and play with it tomorrow. Now the challenge will be, quite my brain so I can sleep. Well I will have to trade in my machine so I can get this one. I think I can manage this. My doctor did tell me I am not on much medicane and because I am a safe driver I need to think about it. I will have to think about this too. I know the isolation is really getting me down. My car has a full tank of gas so I could start using it up. I have a lot to think about tonight. I do know I will go and play with it tomarrow. I hope it doesn't get lonely in that big store. :loll: I will have to make sure I ice my hip tonight so it won't be sore tomarrow. :snork: Well it's time to have dinner. Everyone do take care and be careful. For those who are waiting for the full replacement, the wait in my opion is well worth it. :puppysmooze: Tashia :bicycle1:
 
Hi Tash honey, just dropped by to say hi and send hugs.. Love you hon :) xxxxxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom