Guest viewing is limited

THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

@NightQuilter , I wish you the best and please let me know how you did. Waiting for a real good rain. God Bless. Tashia
 
Oh tashia - how lovely to sea you still visiting the forum and doing so well! You are a real blessing!
 
@tashia - thank you for the good wishes! Hiking the Camino de Compostela was certainly a challenge and adventure. It is one thing to say, "I'm going to walk 12 miles today;" something totally different to say, "I'm going to walk 12 miles today, for 7 days in a row!" But we finished it. My back went into spasm while still in Madrid, so along the Camino I was texting my back surgeon assessing whether I had messed something up or if the screws were loosening. In the end, I took the morning of the 2nd day off - knowing it was going to be a hard 6 miles straight up hill. Took a taxi and met up with the group for lunch for the last 7 miles of the day. Other than facing the knee and back surgeries, the toughest thing I've ever done, but so happy to report the knees worked perfectly!!
 
Hi, Tashia!!! It's nice to have you drop in to the forum.

How are you doing, my friend???
 
@Jamie, I am doing GREAT! I love to be able to sleep the whole night thew without having to get up because of hurting. The first night I sleep the whole night was such a surprise. I am also up to driving about 3 hours with a break and not hurting. It is so great to have all this freedom now. I am thinking about taking a trip to celebrate all my freedom that I have now. This time of year is my best time because I love all the Fall colors. How are you doing? Hows the weather? We in the West are waiting for the first good rain. Also looking forward to the cooler weather. Take care my friend. God Bless, Tashia
 
H @tashia ,
Nice to hear from you again here on bonesmart. I'm glad you enjoy driving and your freedom. What sort of car do you drive. Mine is an Audi A3 from 2004. Although it's already relatively old, it accelarates well and is very very reliable. But it's the kind of car you would find hard to drive and to get in and out of when you've got arthritis because it's rather low. Besides, it's manual. All the more reason for getting my hip done. I had surgery in April and was able to drive after 4 weeks, and I'm enjoying my car again. I drive to work unless I go to work on my bike which I did a lot in August and September. But now it's so cold, only a few degrees above freezing and this morning, there was snow in the hills, for example the Taunus hills near Frankfurt. Hope it's not so cold in the US. Hugs from Constanze
 
:wave:Hi, I thought that I would drop a line. I am having a blast driving around and seeing how many sewing stores I can find. :driver: I found some stuff today that I have been looking for some time. :yes!: I will be making some shopping bags that will be bright and easy to keep clean. The weather has been also Great! My hips are doing so good. Sometimes they do get sore but they are taken care with otc. :wowspring:I hope that everyone is doing the best they can. Remember to go slow and steady. :yes!: And If you have a bad day. Its just that a bad day. In time it will get better. :wow: God Bless! Tashia
 
ooh yes! Will look forward to that!
It's absolutely brilliant to see you, Tash!
 
Hi Tashia

Those two years have flown!!! XX will be nice to meet in the social room

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
This month was the birthday of my first knee replacement. :wowspring: It is 6 years old. :roseshwr: Wow does time fly. Both hips celebrated with the knee with a quiet birthday. The next birthday will be in June. :flwrysmile: The other knee birthday. All is so well. I pray that everyone has all this luck. :prayer: Best advice is to get the best surgeon you can find. :friends: Best of Luck. God Bless. :flwrysmile: Tashia
 
Hi @tashia ,
Many thanks for your good wishes and prayers. It's nice to see some long-term friends still posting here on bonesmart and telling us how they are getting on.

Happy Easter from Germany
Constanze
 
Yesterday all the kids had a birthday party for the left knee. All the kids had a very good time and hope to have more trips in the future. We all need to celebrate everyday that we are on this Earth. God Bless, Tashia
 
Tasha,you have done so much,very encouraging.There is hope.Be well,keep enjoying life to the fullest which it sounds like you are


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi everyone, My hips are doing good but I find this winter they seem to hurt. I think its muscle in both hips. I am having to take something for the pain. Not heavy drugs but need something. I am looking forward to warmer weather. I did get to travel this fall and had a blast. It was so fun to be able to travel again and know that I can travel by myself. The train ride was also GREAT! Everyone take care and remember it takes time to recover so do not push it. Keep moving but easy does it. God Bless. Tashia
 
Good to hear from you, and that you are doing well. Stay safe in this crazy winter weather.
 
Back
Top Bottom