THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

SO good to hear from you Tashia on your own thread! Interesting you are feeling the winter in your hips this year - did you not before? I have heard some people with replacements to really respond to changes in the weather.... Hope all else is well and you are back to sewing and quilting.

@NightQuilter , Thank you for coming to my sight. This winter has been very cold and wet. I didn't have this much pain before after having them done. I have one hip that is around 6 years old and the other is three. My left which was done last is the one that has the most pain. Thank goodness its more of a discomfort than bad pain. Before the new ones were put in I did have lots of pain. If the leg gets cold, they hurt. I am so glad I had it done. I am doing lots of driving and getting back to sewing. How are you doing? I hope to start more traveling. Great to be alive. Tashia

Hey @tashia - It is interesting how people (and their new parts) respond. I have not had any real effects from the weather - and fortunately, that has meant a whole lot of cold rain this past week in SoCal! So glad you are getting around now more - such freedom from pain. I am still recovering from my most recent surgeries, just over 2 weeks ago. No sewing in the forecast until the neck heals ... too much looking down. Take care, my friend!

:wave:I just realized that yesterday was my 3 year birthday for my left hip. :happydance: Boy does time fly by. The kids want to go somewhere today and have cake and ice cream. :wowspring::yes!::flwrysmile::yay: I was having lots of discomfort in that hip, then I found out that my cancer medication was causing muscle pain and now that it has been corrected, I have hardly any. Life is GREAT for the most part. I am back sewing and still driving a lot. I now also travel by myself because I am able. :yes!: The only problem is I lost a friend, Poppet, I miss her greatly. :cry: Take care and God Bless, Tashia :loveshwr:

Hippy Anniversary @tashia ! Isn't life just great after getting those old and tired joints replaced?
The only problem is I lost a friend, Poppet, I miss her greatly.
I miss her very much too! She will always be our BoneSmart angel!

Very happy for you Tashia. I remember you from when I had my knees done in 2013 as I do Poppet. I am sorry at her loss.

I'm also sorry about Poppet. But I'm pleased you get around and enjoy the sewing and the driving. Yes, the hip replacement helped me a lot, too, so I could enjoy driving better. I can get in and out of my Audi painlessly now (you probably know that Audi A 3 is set very low).
I remember you've been on Bonesmart for years and I like your positive attitude and the way you cheer people up. Take care. Enjoy your life - and I hope you'll get around to travelling more.
Constanze

Hi Everyone, Thought I would let you know that all the replacements are doing GREAT! Time sure goes by. My right knee is now 7 years old, right hip is now 6 years old, Left knee is now 5 and the left hip is 3. :wowspring::loveshwr::spin::dancy: God Bless, Tashia P. S. Everyone be safe out there with the heat and the drivers.

Tashia... my goodness....what the heck are you doing up at this early hour????

But it's great to hear that all four of your "babies" are maturing nicely. You have come so far, my friend, in your journey and I'm pleased to hear how well you're doing. I hope you have some fun things planned for yourself this summer.

Great to hear from you @tashia ! Sounds like you are doing well. Long may it continue!

It's great to hear from you @tashia and also to hear that you're doing fine. Have fun with your family. Do you have a large family? I have 4 daughter but no grand children. 2 of my daughters have birthdays in summer so we are having fun celebrating. Take care and drive carefully! Best wishes from Germany - Constanze

Here again early in the morning thinking of my BoneSmart family. This has been a ruff Summer, I lost some very good friends and a brother so I feel very off base. I remember coming here when I was sad and be able to say I don't feel well and before I knew I was feeling so much better. Today was a very nice weather day but a day where I remember all my dear family and friends that I lost this year to death. I remember the laughter and smiles of all of them.

I didn't write this to make anyone sad but life does have its hard times. I am really missing Poppet today for some reason. I miss her laugh and her lookout on life. I wish that everyone is well. The kids, or for those who don't know me I call my hips and knees replacements my kids, they will be with me forever I think and they are all doing GREAT. I am so glad that I had the knees and hips done.

I can now walk and drive and not be in pain. I have not only travelled but have returned to my quilting which I had to give up before the new knees and hips because I couldn't sit for a long time or stand for a time either.

I pray that everyone is well. We have had such a ruff time with the weather that a couple of States are having a ruff time. Now that our Fall is coming that I pray for good weather and that everyone is in a warm place with a bed to sleep in.

To the friends in the lower countries I think you are starting to get warmer with the hope for Spring. God Bless you all. Please take care and stay safe and keep positive. Having new hips and knees are ruff but you will make it.

Now before I sign off I need to say I feel so much better for coming here and writing you a note.
God Bless. Tashia

@tashia Always lovely to hear from you my friend. Yes, it has been a tough year. So sorry for the loss of your brother and friends. I too miss Poppet terribly. I think of her every time I am on the site. Such a great person.

Wishing you warm weather and a cozy Fall season. Take care! And keep in touch!

Hi @tashia , I always like when you're posting on Bonesmart. It's a good place to give people comfort. And under no circumstances must you believe you are making us sad. I understand your grief when you lose family members and friends.

Yes it's been hard in the US. The country is often hit by earthquakes, torndoes, hurrikanes, but the people think positive and build it all up again. That's what I like about them.

I'm also pleased your joint replacements help you practice your hobbies again such as quilting, and that you can drive and walk comfortably. I only needed one new joint - my left hip joint - but I consider it as a gift that I can practice my favourite types of sport again - endurance sport in the fresh air: running, cycling, swimming.

Take care. Warm hugs from Germany
Constanze

So sorry to hear of the tough year you have had. Life can throw some amazing curve balls at us. May the memories of your friends bring you peace and joy ... as they would wish for you! Glad you're back to quilting. I've been doing quite a bit too. Just finished another lap quilt top ... as they say, "winter is coming"! Got to have some quilts ready to keep warm!

I agree with you about the "kids" ... mine are currently taking me through the Camino de Compstela again in Spain. Just finished day 6. 5 years ago, this simply could not have been even contemplated! Take care @tashia .

Tashia,
Sorry to hear of all the friends and family you have loved that have passed this year. Sending you (((Hugs)))).
Happy to hear you have been able to return to your quilting, I know it gives you great joy.

Last edited:
Tashia!
hugs.jpg

@tashia !!!!! So glad I happened to be here right this very minute to see your post. I often think of you and the fun you gave me talking about fabric, fabric, and more fabric!
I am so sorry you've lost so many in this summer. That is a hard time of life to be in. Wish I could be with you to
(((Tashia))) hug you!
Great to hear that "the kids" are getting along nicely, and allowing you to do so many wonderful things!
hugs, chris

Tashia,
Haven't been on in a while but glad to hear from you! I'm sorry it's been a rough spell and you've lost so many. Please know that we are all thinking of and praying for you!

Debbi

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom