Guest viewing is limited

TKR Tammy's new knee

It does help to know others are here for you and going through same thing :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Had a great day not saying knee wasn't sore but got outside to drag driveway with wheeler, was very careful getting on and off it but was just great getting outside. Pretty sore tonight but was worth it to do something normal. Now for a long night ( I hope not) but sleep is a thing of past get 2-5 hours a night since surgery. Sad thing is kinda getting used to it. Hope most of us tkr people have good night tonight. Tomorrow is a new day :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Tammy, have you tried taking something like a diphenhydramine (Benadryl) to help you sleep? I only take one. It became necessary after surgery to try and retrain or reGAIN my sleep pattern. I hope you are getting a nap during the day! Rest when you can. Doing something "normal" is such a great feeling. I hope you have a comfortable day.
 
I am so tired of being tired I want my energy back. When do we get our energy back? I wanted to just sit down in middle of Walmart today and not move lol . I think I just did too much had to help haul my moms queen size bed in house and now I am exhausted rest of the evening.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am so tired of being tired I want my energy back. When do we get our energy back? I wanted to just sit down in middle of Walmart today and not move lol . I think I just did too much had to help haul my moms queen size bed in house and now I am exhausted rest of the evening.
It's the energy drain causing your tiredness. Most of your energy is still being directed towards healing your knee - and it's doing a good job. I know it's frustrating but, in a way, it's a good thing, because getting tired easily prevents you from doing more than your knee is ready for. Have another look at this article, which explains how the energy drain gradually decreases as time goes by:
Energy drain for TKRs
 
I am so tired of being tired I want my energy back. When do we get our energy back?
I have to agree with Celle---the energy drain is all about your body focusing on healing and recovering from the surgical trauma---and stamina is one of the last things to return---hang in there.

When I went on my first little errand in my truck---driving alone---at four weeks, I was gone for maybe 1/2 an hour.

I came back and slept for 2 1/2 hours!
 
Just another rant my work it trying to take my job from me as I am not quite able to go back yet. I work 56 hours a week. So kinda tough week.
My 12 weeks is up 4-6 I may have to bite the bullet and just go back.
But I don't know if I can do the long days.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Did you apply and get a FMLA? That's a leave where you are guaranteed to get yout job back. It's up to your doctor to decide the end of your leave. I hope you will be able to work it out. I know my job will allow my to come back on a part time bases. Maybe that is a alablr to you too.
 
I did get fmla but they are saying it can only be for 12 weeks . Sad thing is I work at a hospital and they could care less . I have no choice but to go back my knee is getting better hope it will hold out for full time work . As I am a widow and support myself and my elderly mom. I live in rural area and pretty much stuck where I have worked for 23 years .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your lucky your work is understanding :)

I need other knee done sometime and no way will they allow me to have anymore time off in next year .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's crazy that anyone working for a hospital have to be forced to return to work until they are ready. Years ago when I was having a different medical problem and raising three young children on my own I actually got fired! I hope in your remaining days off you can rest up and then go back to work. Try to plan to do as little as possible
on the days you have to work. I also either made food on the weekend and froze, used frozen dinners or picked up food on the way home.
 
I know it's crazy I will know more today they are having a meeting at 3:30 about me . The worst part is that other people have been given more weeks off then I am asking for in my department. At least my knee is getting better and it will be long days but I think I can do it . Otherwise I will just call in sick some days that I need too take a break.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi,
Nice little dog. That must help keep the focus away from the knee :)
You seem to be doing good. It is in deed a long recovery process! I had my 1st knee done 5 years ago and the 2nd one 4.5 weeks ago, it does get better. I find that looking at the daily improvements, as little as they may be just keeps me really positive.
 
I can't wait to be recovered :)
Hope your second knee will do great and recovery will be a whiz for you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well today work said I can come back part time for the next 6 weeks and then go full time so the must have a heart after all. I hope they keep their promise but I got it in writing too .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm very pleased to hear that you'll be allowed to start work part-time at first. :yes!:
 
Yes for sure I am excited I love my job but knee says no full time yet.
Can't wait to get back to life :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm very happy to hear that you can go back part time. That sounds like a perfect compromise.
 
So happy for you Tammy, I went back part-time at 8 weeks & then full-time at 12 weeks. I did find it hard & came home so tired & often was in bed by 7.30pm. I am now at 20 weeks & feeling so much better, but still get swelling & ice/ elevate every evening & night.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom