TKR Tammy's new knee

So should I quit pt when I go back to work full time. They are not aggressive pt and have helped me a lot. I go 2 days a week now and I am back to work for just 4 hour shifts .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Many people do stop PT when they go back to work. Simply getting ready, going to and from work, and work itself is plenty of exercise for your knee.

Certainly, if you're going to continue PT, don't do it on days that you work.

By the way, many people experience an increase in swelling and pain when they first go back to work. It's a predictable result of doing more than you have been doing and it does settle down, in time.
 
Thanks can't wait for being normal and walking in no pain. But honestly it's been 5-6 years since I walked with no pain can't really remember what it's like. And will probably be a couple more years before I do left knee due to work and not ready to do the other one yet. Knee pain sucks :( so does my work ( I work in a hospital) and they could care less for their employees health. They already said I would have to wait a year for fmla to get other knee done. I wish I had other work options but for now I don't .
Just a late night rant want to be pain free . Just a dream for now ...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Went to my primary doctor today I was so happy she realized how much pain I am still in and renewed my tramadol . She also gave me something called lodine for inflammation cause my knee is rebelling at my going back to work.
Anyone Been on this medicine?
But I am feeling better tonight tramadol helping the pain and hopefully can get some sleep.
Wishing all you a good night of rest.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad your doctor gave you more pain meds and you are able to get some sleep tonight.
 
Sorry you're having pain. Tramadol should help. Whenever you can make sure you are icing under & over the knee for at least 40 mins. while elevating. Too bad your working conditions are so tough. Only people who have gone through this will understand. Hope you have a pain free day today !
 
Another rant about work they have no clue about this surgery which is crazy since I work at hospital.
Got called into office yesterday with concerns I may fall as I limp lol
Offered me three months off. Did I not ask for more time off ? And they said I could lose my job. The first time if I didn't come back part time.
So no I will go to work and limp and they can fly a kite. I love my job but the people in office are not nice ..
Ok done ranting off to work soon.
The sad part is I love my job and have been there 24 years .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It is absolutely crazy that for those of us working in the medical field to not me treated with the same care that is demanded of us to show to our patients. I work where there are chronic dialysis patients and they were all feeling sorry for me when my limping was becoming so bad before my revision that they didn't even want to ask me for anything so I could save a few steps here and there.
 
It is I just wish my knee was healed I can do more things now but tired of the healing process .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It will get there. It's just going to take time. Yea, I know I don't like to hear that either but it will. You're doing well. You're back at work. I have to talk to my boss next week. I'm not sure what he's going to say but my doctor has written orders for me to have ofv until the middle of June. Try not to do anything else the days you work.
 
Yea that's the other hard part not doing anything else. I hope your knee is getting better too can't wait to be a year out . I don't have any one to take care of stuff so I have to finally realize some things have to wait . Have to start mowing lawn soon but the warmer weather is nice .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tammy's new knee

Now my poor pup has leg problems
She broke her leg playing but will be ok :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh, poor baby. Now, you two can comfort each other! Our pets are family members, too, and I get much love and affection from my kitties! I have one who broke his back leg in 2 places and it had to be amputated about 10 years ago. It broke my heart, but he has no idea he's any different than the others and is all boy! He runs and plays and climbs trees. Your baby will soon be back playing, too.
 
Thanks she is doing good weds we will know if she has to have surgery if cast doesn't work. We have no idea how she did it, maybe fell off steps. But so far she is doing well. She wants to chew the cast off .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yay! I passed the return to work test. Got my full time status back was long shift today but made it.
Can't wait knee is not what I think of all day. And Muffy doing good no surgery just a cast for at least a month .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
:yay:I'm happy to hear that you are okay end for fulltime work and that your little pup doesn't need surgery. I can't wait until I can forget about my knee. It's been complaining for over 40 years now so I think I'm due!
 
I can't say that right now I am willing to get the other done it's a lets wait and see what happens if it's better by end of year . Hope yours will get better soon also :) as this is not much fun


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom